+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Life Achievement?

Re: Biggest Life Achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Many years ago talked a young girl from taking her own life.
    Now that is something to be proud of. Bravo sir!

Well done Max.We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Did you buy both packs from the same place?
    Also when you say 3 had gone off had they gone past the date or where they actually gone off?
    That's disappointing either way after such a high

I once found a £5 note
    Also, once found a "new release" chart DVD in a car boot sale, for £1. Back when DVD was the way to go.

It's hard to say which is the biggest achievement. Technically the DVD would've cost more than the £5 to buy it in the shop, but I probably wouldn't have bought it full price
    Are you sure you didn't buy a bootleg?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are you sure you didn't buy a bootleg?
    I'd thought the same at first but nope - It was legit.
    I think maybe they made a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well done Max.We have a winner.
    Yes Peter it was something that scared me she was suffering from postnatal depression and she was going to jump off the old Seven bridge.

Now that is an achievement, well done.

Well done that's incredible

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Now that is something to be proud of. Bravo sir!
    Ain't it just

First Team

Based on my love of saturated fats, alcohol, cigarettes and avoiding exercise then still being around.

Well played, mush

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She was well above the age of consent sonny
    Why did you think that ?

But to be serious, I don't know outside the usual family stuff, have plenty of life non-achievements but
    its easy looking back at the missed opportunities with one of them is not buying the council house in which my Doris
    was born when we could have had it on very favourable terms and I'd now be retired like the rest of the CCMB champagne early retired Far Lefties on here (The I have it but don't want you to have it brigade) you will of course be laughing your bollox of at this missed opportunity/ non achievement but i don't care I'm really looking forward to another 5 years slog and that's presuming / hoping that I achieve retirement age.

Don't think I have one. Working, bringing up my kids etc is a given, I had to do that too the best of my ability, and sometimes I didn't. If I had too say something, then 26 years of marriage with the girl I met at 13. **** knows how I've pulled that off, it's probably her more than me. Apart from that, bang Average!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't think I have one. Working, bringing up my kids etc is a given, I had to do that too the best of my ability, and sometimes I didn't. If I had too say something, then 26 years of marriage with the girl I met at 13. **** knows how I've pulled that off, it's probably her more than me. Apart from that, bang Average!
    Maybe its the massive penis.

I reckon making a cracking job of those 4 walls in my gaff got to be up there
    it's coming on, had a mist coat, finish coat on the weekend, sparky coming Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I reckon making a cracking job of those 4 walls in my gaff got to be up there
    it's coming on, had a mist coat, finish coat on the weekend, sparky coming Monday.
    Great stuff! I'll take that🤣

Great stuff! I'll take that��
    Phew! Thought you were replying to the ‘massive penis’ post.

Are you allowed to include your grandparents, if so my grandad founded a life saving apparatus (chemical engineer) and was nominated the Nobel Peace Prize.

Me personally, having a family and helping / supporting family and friends, which I suppose is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Maybe its the massive penis.
    My wife quite often refers to me as a 'Massive Cock' it's always been a source of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Phew! Thought you were replying to the ‘massive penis’ post.
    Any Port in a Storm Splotty....

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Are you allowed to include your grandparents, if so my grandad founded a life saving apparatus (chemical engineer) and was nominated the Nobel Peace Prize.

Me personally, having a family and helping / supporting family and friends, which I suppose is the norm.
    Fair play to your Gramps mate, that's something to be very proud of. My Grandad was Torpedoed twice crossing the Atlantic while in the Merchant Navy, he was only 18, survived both hits, was in the Water for quite a bit of time on the 2nd hit. Both ships went down with plenty of casualties. He was given the Nickname 'Jonah' on his 3rd ship

Fair play to your Gramps mate, that's something to be very proud of. My Grandad was Torpedoed twice crossing the Atlantic while in the Merchant Navy, he was only 18, survived both hits, was in the Water for quite a bit of time on the 2nd hit. Both ships went down with plenty of casualties. He was given the Nickname 'Jonah' on his 3rd ship
    Uncle Albert.

Funnily enough my grandfather was also on the North Atlantic convoys, sunk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Why did you think that ?

But to be serious, I don't know outside the usual family stuff, have plenty of life non-achievements but
    its easy looking back at the missed opportunities with one of them is not buying the council house in which my Doris
    was born when we could have had it on very favourable terms and I'd now be retired like the rest of the CCMB champagne early retired Far Lefties on here (The I have it but don't want you to have it brigade) you will of course be laughing your bollox of at this missed opportunity/ non achievement but i don't care I'm really looking forward to another 5 years slog and that's presuming / hoping that I achieve retirement age.
    Yes you are right I am laughing my bollocks off

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Funnily enough my grandfather was also on the North Atlantic convoys, sunk as well.
    My uncle died aged 19 in a Stirling bomber on a training flight

He was the rear gunner

Incredible responsibility these young lads had wasn't it

In some ways it puts us to shame but in other ways they didn't really have much choice

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Producing four great 'kids' - and two (so far) grand kids.

Making it this far
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Producing two successful children. It’s not a load of bollox.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course it is , self righteous nonsense

Having children is not a difficult thing to do

It's your responsibility and certainly not an ACHIEVEMENT to bring them up

To be a father , grandfather etc is not an achievement

Some of the idiots that used to be on Jeremy Kyle were parents and grandparents and complete wastes of space

Not difficult to bring children into the world
    This is the issue we have over here in the UK, we do not celebrate raising children in the right way ( but quick enough to play down the job ), Sludge just about sums it up with his opinion, he is right, its not a achievement to have children ( though speak to a childless couple who desperately want them and they might disagree )

BUT

Raising decent / great / successful children is, the world needs more decent people, it takes a father to do it, Im proud as hell of my kids, ive worked hard to push them in the right direction to hopefully improve the world ( in even the smallest way ) when they do finally leave the nest I will look back and say " yea, we did ok with them, they had all the time and guidance then needed from me and my wife " ( not all can say that ) so that imho is a achievement