+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who Is The Oldest Poster On Here ?

Re: Who Is The Oldest Poster On Here ?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    61, one of the thalidomide generation. Not many of us left now. First game 1969, City v Arsenal
    Did you used to go down to the boys village centre ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm 50, and i like Hip Hop and BMX bikes.
    I believe the second and third items

61, one of the thalidomide generation. Not many of us left now. First game 1969, City v Arsenal
    2nd game City v Arsenal 1969. 1st game the week before Hull City at home, to get the Arsenal tickets. The original Hull stubs.

Age 64, 1 month & 1 day. A youngster in comparison to some.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Did you used to go down to the boys village centre ?
    Indeed I did, with a Wales Association of Youth Clubs project called Treasure Trove for a week.

Indeed I did, with a Wales Association of Youth Clubs project called Treasure Trove for a week.
    My parents used to volunteer down there , late seventies

They loved it

My parents used to volunteer down there , late seventies

They loved it
    My nan used to run the craft classes there

There was a girl swimming in the outdoor pool and I remember being scared she would drown because she had small arms

She was fine of course

I am 56 and I have to say , for my age ,that whilst I am very childish I look absolutely stunning

And I can't see that changing
    64 for me

https://youtu.be/GbB4xnfI9G4

Let's get one thing straight
    I will choose my fate
    It's got nothing to do with you

Still touring but Rob Halford comes on stage in a wheelchair these days instead of on a motorbike
    Ol' Rob used to make me laugh, riding a motorbike on stage! Did he actually ride one on the road?

And I still won’t grow up, I’m a grown-ass kid. Swear I should be locked up for stupid shit that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Ol' Rob used to make me laugh, riding a motorbike on stage! Did he actually ride one on the road?
    He did indeed

Bloody great band , great guitar work

He did indeed

Bloody great band , great guitar work
    Back in the days when i bought rock records, I purchased Priests 'Sin After Sin'. Thought it was a great album and looked forward to their next releases. However, they turned into a pop/rock act with Living After Midnight and Breaking The law. Which turned me off them. Then o f course thy started to go in a more metal direction, thus attracting the teenybopper metal hordes, of which no doubt you were one of.

It's the same with Ian Gillan. Loved Purple and saw the Ian Gillan band live in I think, March '77 at Cardiff Uni, on his Clear Air Turbulence tour. I went backstage and chatted to him for ages after the gig. Lovely bloke! Fast forward a couple of years and he too is releasing pop/rock stuff. All the singles released by 'Gillan' were far, far better done by the original artists. Stuff like Trouble, and New Orleans. I too lost interest in the guy as a credible artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

And I still won’t grow up, I’m a grown-ass kid. Swear I should be locked up for stupid shit that I did.
    Jeepers a young un better wrap this one up in cotton wool

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm 57.

I thought I'd passed looking after squabbling children when my kids were in their teens. But no, my cyber family on here (most of which are older than me) are still throwing handbags. Act your age. Not your shoe size.
    Looking at most of the ages need to be more worried about who will still be around posting in 10/20 yrs! Remember a thread like this about 20 yrs ago, was amazed I was one of the youngest….52 now.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looking at most of the ages need to be more worried about who will still be around posting in 10/20 yrs! Remember a thread like this about 20 yrs ago, was amazed I was one of the youngest….52 now.
    Aye I started posting on this board in 1998, this is my Silver Anniversary, do I get a Telegram off the Boss?

78 later this year

just turned 50 in may been suffering being a bluebird since my 1st match age 8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Back in the days when i bought rock records, I purchased Priests 'Sin After Sin'. Thought it was a great album and looked forward to their next releases. However, they turned into a pop/rock act with Living After Midnight and Breaking The law. Which turned me off them. Then o f course thy started to go in a more metal direction, thus attracting the teenybopper metal hordes, of which no doubt you were one of.

It's the same with Ian Gillan. Loved Purple and saw the Ian Gillan band live in I think, March '77 at Cardiff Uni, on his Clear Air Turbulence tour. I went backstage and chatted to him for ages after the gig. Lovely bloke! Fast forward a couple of years and he too is releasing pop/rock stuff. All the singles released by 'Gillan' were far, far better done by the original artists. Stuff like Trouble, and New Orleans. I too lost interest in the guy as a credible artist.
    British Steel was their greatest album

I like Gillan , Janick gers on guitar , baldy Jon mc coy on bass

British Steel was their greatest album

I like Gillan , Janick gers on guitar , baldy Jon mc coy on bass
    Glory Road with Bernie Torme on guitar for me I think !! No Easy Way and On The Rocks ……… Remember seeing Priest at Sophia Gardens with Accept supporting . Accept opened with Fast as a Shark …. Used to go to gigs all the time …. Best being 3 days with Ozzy on Monday (Randy Rhoads) and Lizzy on Tuesday at Sophia Gardens then Gillan on Wednesday (with Budgie supporting) at Top Rank ….great days

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

70 this year. Tempus quo vadis

78 this year... saw Tosh make his debut, Mel Sutton favourite player, left the board years ago when some knob head started sending viruses to posters who upset him, favourite poster was Victor, he was hilarious. Mixed feelings about Ramsey

My great, great, great Gandad died at Rourkes Drift. He was camping in the next field and went over to ask them to keep the noise down.

Until it folded?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Aye I started posting on this board in 1998, this is my Silver Anniversary, do I get a Telegram off the Boss?
    You get a Clock, Telegram is for your Centenary.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

8 squared (... semi-retired Maths teacher)

Saw Rambo make his debut.

My 1st game ...

Capture.JPG