+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Memories....of CCFC

Memories....of CCFC

On this day of revelations and trivia...and in the interests of keeping my brain active...I have been updating a little website I have put together.....not perfect, and a few cosmetic tweaks needed.....but some interesting things....

https://libertybs.co.uk/CCFC_memories

Re: Memories....of CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    On this day of revelations and trivia...and in the interests of keeping my brain active...I have been updating a little website I have put together.....not perfect, and a few cosmetic tweaks needed.....but some interesting things....

The memories came flooding back as I looked at your memorabilia. You've made me have to dig my scrapbooks and programmes out. Ta for posting.

The best Echo headline I can remember was after City's 5-1 win at Craven Cottage (1968?) which screamed in block capitals: "City Sizzle and Batter Fulham." Ah ... memories.

StT.
    <><

That's quite an archive you've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    The memories came flooding back as I looked at your memorabilia. You've made me have to dig my scrapbooks and programmes out. Ta for posting.

The best Echo headline I can remember was after City's 5-1 win at Craven Cottage (1968?) which screamed in block capitals: "City Sizzle and Batter Fulham." Ah ... memories.

StT.
    <><
    Possibly mine & Bluetit’s favourite away game.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

The 7-1 win at Oldham was excellent but, for me, the Fulham game was the best.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post

StT.
    <><
    Think my favourite Football Echo headline came after we beat Portsmouth 3-1 away... "Slick City give Pompey a pounding"

Great site, really like the photos section.

What an excellent site, thank you Maurice.

Even after all these years, I couldn't bring myself to watch the SV Hamburg 2nd leg. Just like that Stoke match.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    What an excellent site, thank you Maurice.

Even after all these years, I couldn't bring myself to watch the SV Hamburg 2nd leg. Just like that Stoke match.
    ... and Blackpool (P/O Final at Wembley) or the Wolves game with the missed penalties at the end.

StT.
    <><

Whilst researching my amazing book Cardiff City Greatest Games I amassed a number of newspaper cuttings in digital format.

I could send these over if of interest?

Very good site, thanks for that, brought back some very good memories

Mine too

Excellent site Maurice, really enjoyed what I've seen so far. For some reason I loved the City programmes with the City Hall on the front. I've got a few myself and think they look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Excellent site Maurice, really enjoyed what I've seen so far. For some reason I loved the City programmes with the City Hall on the front. I've got a few myself and think they look great.
    Thanks...that is my favourite as well....followed by the 1960 or so view of Ninian park from the air...!

My first away game, I was soon put right about expecting something like that every time I went away though - I’d say it’s my favourite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Whilst researching my amazing book Cardiff City Greatest Games I amassed a number of newspaper cuttings in digital format.

I could send these over if of interest?
    Thanks...I have PM you..!