+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey: Soap opera mix

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

Guess its about what we expect of him and his actual fitness we all know he is not 100% and can pick up injuries due to the stresses of of the game on this lad at a very top level .. as for Vassell he did train and play , look quick , signed a three-year contract , has had so many different injuries . I dont think we can blame the medial team ??

I think the lads should sadly retire I hope he does continue ion the game though as he is not a Tomlin type ........

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

He makes us worse, according to Gabby Agbonlahor
    https://twitter.com/ga11agbon/with_replies
    Not sure he's seen a lot us lately 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He makes us worse, according to Gabby Agbonlahor
    https://twitter.com/ga11agbon/with_replies
    Not sure he's seen a lot us lately 😁
    People there biting too easily

I have my reservations about his fitness...and I wonder what salary he is on....a gifted player no doubt, but I hope any contract that (may be) in place connects to how many games (or minutes) he actually plays.

I saw him make his debut...didn't realise he only played some 28 games before he went to Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "Sandy Richardson". Bloody 'ell that a blast from the past!
    Blast from the past?????? Have you seen the thread re. the ages of the posters? ‘Crossroads’ was a few weeks ago for most of us

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I have my reservations about his fitness...and I wonder what salary he is on....a gifted player no doubt, but I hope any contract that (may be) in place connects to how many games (or minutes) he actually plays.

I saw him make his debut...didn't realise he only played some 28 games before he went to Arsenal.
    I think that you can take it that if Ramsey passes his medical, he is fit. Vassell came with a pre existing injury and wasn't fit when he signed. Also, I don't get the pre-occupation with what he earns. As long as you aren't paying it, what difference does it make ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think that you can take it that if Ramsey passes his medical, he is fit. Vassell came with a pre existing injury and wasn't fit when he signed. Also, I don't get the pre-occupation with what he earns. As long as you aren't paying it, what difference does it make ?
    The more he earns the less money there is to pay other players. If he doesn't play much it is a concern to all of us that the money could have been better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Vassell was fit when he signed according to the news articles announcing his signing although I appreciate that may have been a small window between injuries

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Vassell was fit when he signed according to the news articles announcing his signing although I appreciate that may have been a small window between injuries
    I think Vassell must have fallen through a first floor one not a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think Vassell must have fallen through a first floor one not a small one.
    Not bad that one!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Measured in minutes.

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Nears sensational Cardiff City return as medical to take place today - according to WOL

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Since the signing of Man Utd ‘Star’ Derek Brazil or Des Hamilton
    I was very excited when Disco Des signed, great judge of a player me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I was very excited when Disco Des signed, great judge of a player me.
    Dez Dez Disco Dez

Got on the dance floor at a supporters club disco

Great mover

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blast from the past?????? Have you seen the thread re. the ages of the posters? ‘Crossroads’ was a few weeks ago for most of us
    My Crossroads watching days were post Sandy Richardson, it was the great Arthur Brownlow who turned me into a regular watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My Crossroads watching days were post Sandy Richardson, it was the great Arthur Brownlow who turned me into a regular watcher.
    Crossroads was synonymous with the likes of Sandy, Benny, and of course... Miss Diane!

Crossroads was synonymous with the likes of Sandy, Benny, and of course... Miss Diane!
    There's plenty of episodes on You Tube and I'm ashamed to admit I've watched one or two including the one where Arthur Brownlow died, his acting was still terrible when all he had to do was play dead after he was hit by a car.

There's plenty of episodes on You Tube and I'm ashamed to admit I've watched one or two including the one where Arthur Brownlow died, his acting was still terrible when all he had to do was play dead after he was hit by a car.
    The Welsh actor/comedian, Stan Stennett appeared in the series. He owned a shop in Llandaff North, around the corner from where I used to live. Just thought I'd mention it.

I was sharing a cottage with two off-the-wall ex-students who introduced me to the humorous and ironic side of watching Crossroads and Coronation Street when I had never indulged in such fodder before. I was working as a printer at the time and remember knocking out quite a number of shifty 'Arthur Brownlow is innocent' stickers that we adhered to local lamp posts and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was sharing a cottage with two off-the-wall ex-students who introduced me to the humorous and ironic side of watching Crossroads and Coronation Street when I had never indulged in such fodder before. I was working as a printer at the time and remember knocking out quite a number of shifty 'Arthur Brownlow is innocent' stickers that we adhered to local lamp posts and the like.
    Good to hear you fought the good fight TBG, three or four of us had badges made which said "Never mind the whale, save Arthur Brownlow".

Good to hear you fought the good fight TBG, three or four of us had badges made which said "Never mind the whale, save Arthur Brownlow".
    Weirdo

Apologies to those who are perusing this thread looking for updates on Aaron Ramsey, and find themselves reading about Crossroads and its characters instead.
    I blame splott parker

Apologies to those who are perusing this thread looking for updates on Aaron Ramsey, and find themselves reading about Crossroads and its characters instead.
    I blame splott parker
    It amazes me, how they all got home to watch it, as it was in the days before video recorders (one for our older viewers)
    Wasn’t it on at 4.30pm ?

No mention of Amy Turtle? Surely the inspiration for Julie Walters’ brilliant Mrs Overall.

Crossroads reminds me of easier, carefree times, coming in from school, tea already done so Mam could settle down for half hour and watch.

I blame splott parker
    Aw c’mon it could have veered off into a wheelchair bound American detective thread, at least its morphed into a tribute to the acting phenomenon that was Crossroads.

I blame splott parker
    I’m one of those people. Ya bastards haha.

“Ooo new post… oh”