+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey: Soap opera mix

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

This news brings me much joy. It seems clear this will now happen and he can add a sprinkle of class to the midfield. Fun times ahead, attendances and season ticket sales boosted, and by the looks of it some pleasant, eye-candy football to look forward to nexf season.

Tonight will be enjoyable. I shall cook myself an African Shakshuka for tea and chow down happily on that. Then pour myself a nice glass of Argentinian Malbec or two in celebration of this news. Joyful.

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It amazes me, how they all got home to watch it, as it was in the days before video recorders (one for our older viewers)
    Wasn’t it on at 4.30pm ?
    Sure it was later than that, wasn’t it the half hour before the 6 o’clock news? So 5.30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Apologies to those who are perusing this thread looking for updates on Aaron Ramsey, and find themselves reading about Crossroads and its characters instead.
    I blame splott parker

Neighbours would have been a more apt soap, I s’pose but I never watched that

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sure it was later than that, wasn’t it the half hour before the 6 o’clock news? So 5.30pm.
    HTV Wales news was at six for half an hour, with the national news at 5.45 and Crossroads started at 5.15 - I used to work flexi time during my Crossroads watching days, something like 7.30 to 4.30, so I’d always be home by 5.

Regarding video recorders, I got one from Radiocraft on Cowbridge Road in about 1979 (Betamax of course ) and it cost an absolute fortune by the standards of the day - I paid on the monthly for it over about four years and yet a pretty big portion of my wages still went on it every month. It was used mostly to record Match of the Day so I could watch it with my hangover on Sunday morning - I was never sad enough to record an episode of Crossroads on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    HTV Wales news was at six for half an hour, with the national news at 5.45 and Crossroads started at 5.15 - I used to work flexi time during my Crossroads watching days, something like 7.30 to 4.30, so I’d always be home by 5.

Regarding video recorders, I got one from Radiocraft on Cowbridge Road in about 1979 (Betamax of course ) and it cost an absolute fortune by the standards of the day - I paid on the monthly for it over about four years and yet a pretty big portion of my wages still went on it every month. It was used mostly to record Match of the Day so I could watch it with my hangover on Sunday morning - I was never sad enough to record an episode of Crossroads on it though.
    You didn’t need to record it, unless for later scrutiny

Ramsey to agent "..I can't wait to get this done and over the line - the fans will be so excited. I bet the talk on the boards is reaching a crescendo, right ?

Agent to Ramsey "..er, not exactly Aaron. Your impending transfer did have a thread on the boards but it's now turned to Amy Turtle and Crossroads..

There's plenty of episodes on You Tube and I'm ashamed to admit I've watched one or two including the one where Arthur Brownlow died, his acting was still terrible when all he had to do was play dead after he was hit by a car.
    start at 3.30 for a classical actor's demise...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7DsZU0iHkA

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The more he earns the less money there is to pay other players. If he doesn't play much it is a concern to all of us that the money could have been better spent.
    Look at the millions Tan an co have wasted in the last 10 years……who cares eh? 20 million on madine and Murphy and that’s not even wages…..I think we can stretch another 10k a week for Rambo….

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Sorry, I’ve come over all emotional after watching that - all with the Paul McCartney version of the theme tune to increase the dramatic effect

I thought he was looking a bit run down.....

My Mrs just said “for gods sake, I never used to watch that shite, did I”

No mention of Amy Turtle? Surely the inspiration for Julie Walters’ brilliant Mrs Overall.

Crossroads reminds me of easier, carefree times, coming in from school, tea already done so Mam could settle down for half hour and watch.
    Dear old, beloved, Amy Turtle!

I wonder what she's doing these days?

Sorry, I’ve come over all emotional after watching that - all with the Paul McCartney version of the theme tune to increase the dramatic effect
    Aye, getting a Beatle on board was no mean feat............has Ramsey signed yet?

Aye, getting a Beatle on board was no mean feat............has Ramsey signed yet?
    He’s at a “Crossroads”

My Mrs just said “for gods sake, I never used to watch that shite, did I”

Hollywood special effects!!!!

God you lot should have been extras in Emergency Ward 10.

What are you lot on about?

This has turned into a conversation normally reserved for the day room of an old folks home

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    God you lot should have been extras in Emergency Ward 10.
    This is what they want!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What are you lot on about?
    Well, if you were following, Aaron Ramsey is at a Crossroads, but now it seems he has to go to Ward 10 at the hospital, for some reason !

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    This has turned into a conversation normally reserved for the day room of an old folks home
    Why, does CCMB have a lot of old message board users then?

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Soap opera mix

I just noticed the change in the title of this thread!

Well, if you were following, Aaron Ramsey is at a Crossroads, but now it seems he has to go to Ward 10 at the hospital, for some reason !
    You're obviously a youngster if you don't remember Emergency Ward 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    You're obviously a youngster if you don't remember Emergency Ward 10.
    Remember it as if was yesterday, together with “Dixon of Dock Green”

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=em...ile-gws-wiz-hp

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post