Re: Aaron Ramsey: Soap opera mix

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Dear old, beloved, Amy Turtle!

I wonder what she's doing these days?
    Pushing up the daisies!

I don't belong here.

I'll be disappointed now if they don't ask Rambo on his welcome interview what his favourite soap is

The Welsh actor/comedian, Stan Stennett appeared in the series. He owned a shop in Llandaff North, around the corner from where I used to live. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Used to enjoy his fish and chips at Morrison's in Llanishen on Saturday did Stan. Always happy to talk.

My daughter used to be in local cheerleading team back in the 90's. They used to do sn annual show in the YMCA hall in Roath.

The father of the girl who ran the group who usually compered the show was putting up a poster advertising the show in a shop in Rhiwbina when Stan came in and started chatting about it.

That year Stan gave up his Sunday for nothing to compere the shoe. Excellently of course.

Lovely bloke.

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Remember it as if was yesterday, together with “Dixon of Dock Green”

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=em...ile-gws-wiz-hp
    Good old George Dixon the whole country was in shock when he was shot, people phoning the BBC and writing to the newspaper saying every effort must be made to catch the killers.

Re: Aaron Ramsey: Wales captain close to completing Cardiff City return - according to the BBC

Rambo’s new nickname gotta be “AMY”

The Welsh actor/comedian, Stan Stennett appeared in the series. He owned a shop in Llandaff North, around the corner from where I used to live. Just thought I'd mention it.

Not forgetting that Stan was a director down the City when the Stevan Tzelski consortium took over. What was his piece in the matchday programme called? "Stan's Chit Chat"or something like that

If he's reading this thread he might change his mind about joining City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Good old George Dixon the whole country was in shock when he was shot, people phoning the BBC and writing to the newspaper saying every effort must be made to catch the killers.
    In Soap terms Jack Warner was Joe Huggett, head of the Huggett family, a long time before Dirk Bogarde shot him

Update from the club:

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Not forgetting that Stan was a director down the City when the Stevan Tzelski consortium took over. What was his piece in the matchday programme called? "Stan's Chit Chat"or something like that
    His son is Ceri Stennett, football historian and author.

Sid Hooper, Sandy Richardson's "work colleague"

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Wasn’t that in the 50s film ‘The Blue Lamp’, George was then miraculously brought back to life for ‘Dixon’............has Ramsey signed yet?

On the soap/football front, Elsie’s grandson has scored a few for us in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Update from the club:

Biggest signing this window.

I see nothing on the official site. Only ThE OtHeR bOaRd

Just like the Bale saga, they'll hold anything and will soon change his tune if he doesn't sign and blame in on Shirt sales or Tan etc. classic LeAdEr rubbish