+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramsey - some have doubts

Re: Ramsey - some have doubts

The idea that the championship is the toughest league is a load of bollox. You saw what happened when we went up we were mauled out thought out paced and last to everything.

That article was written by a Rotherham United fan. Probably still salty after we beat them at home after the FloodGate debacle.

I also have my doubts - and this is someone who saw him make his debut.... I REALLY hope I am proved wrong and that he can drag this team upwards...if nothing else to encourage and tutor the academy players, and lift the dressing room optimism.

It obviously comes with its risk, but if he can stay fit for most of the season he’s a huge asset. You put him in the team and it instantly looks better in my opinion.

He's had critics all his career, all I know is some of the stuff I've seen him do in a city shirt have been the best I've ever seen one of our players do. He would ping balls from one side of the pitch to the other with amazing vision at 16 year old - any goals he did chip in with were never the focal point for his game - he's a midfielder not a striker. We had Callum Robinson wasting his talents last year dropping way back at times to play this string pulling role due to the lack of there being any vision in the team. I've no doubt Ramsey still has it in him to do damage to all the Championship teams and it's laughable to hear anyone say otherwise.

He was our best midfielder at 16/17. Sadly Dave Jones didnt pick him. He will be our best midfielder at 32 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He was our best midfielder at 16/17. Sadly Dave Jones didnt pick him. He will be our best midfielder at 32 as well.
    Jones has always been full of it

He was on BBC Wales last night saying it was he and his coaching team that were responsible

I think Jones was responsible for not playing him enough

He should have been on from the start in the final v Pompey

The only thing that would have affected him was nerves and lack of experience

But as soon as he was on the pitch he proved what class he was

A wasted opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Jones has always been full of it

He was on BBC Wales last night saying it was he and his coaching team that were responsible

I think Jones was responsible for not playing him enough

He should have been on from the start in the final v Pompey

The only thing that would have affected him was nerves and lack of experience

But as soon as he was on the pitch he proved what class he was

A wasted opportunity
    Agree. I remember one of his earliest games v QPR. Mcphail was injured or suspended. He was the best player in the side. The whole dynamic of the midfield and tempo was transformed. What was our weak central midfield was just transformed. He was that good.

But what did Jones do leave him out next game.

Definitely should have started the cup final.