+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank the Signings

Rank the Signings

Who do you think is our best signing? Our worst?

Every time we sign someone, I'm going to come back here and rank them again. I'm also going to tempt fate and assume Ramsey and Grant are both done deals. So for me:

1. Aaron Ramsey
    2. Yakou Meite
    3. Dimitrios Goutas
    4. Karlan Grant
    5. Ike Ugbo

It's close between Goutas and Grant but something in my gut tells me Goutas could be a good'un.

Re: Rank the Signings

i wouldn't assume Ramsey and Grant have signed, it'll end in tears

How many have seen Goutas and Ugbo to rate them. Could be anything. Both a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Who do you think is our best signing? Our worst?

Every time we sign someone, I'm going to come back here and rank them again. I'm also going to tempt fate and assume Ramsey and Grant are both done deals. So for me:

1. Aaron Ramsey
    2. Yakou Meite
    3. Dimitrios Goutas
    4. Karlan Grant
    5. Ike Ugbo

It's close between Goutas and Grant but something in my gut tells me Goutas could be a good'un.
    I was impressed with the ball that Goutas played out left to O’Dowda I think for the first goal against The Gas.

No idea if he can defend though :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How many have seen Goutas and Ugbo to rate them. Could be anything. Both a gamble.
    Extended highlights vs. Bristol Rovers on Cardiff City TV.

Goutas hit a beautiful pinpoint cross field ball. Ugbo scuffed a first time shot.

Nah but just a bit of fun, going off their careers more than anything. Careers. Looks. Gutfeel. Murmurings. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I was impressed with the ball that Goutas played out left to O’Dowda I think for the first goal against The Gas.

No idea if he can defend though :)
    YES! Was a great ball and I don't even think the commentator acknowledged it.

What were people saying about likes of sawyers and rinomohta signing last season? From memory people were quite positive?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    What were people saying about likes of sawyers and rinomohta signing last season? From memory people were quite positive?
    I was very positive about Rinomhota after seeing him in his first friendly for us. Not so much for Sawyers. When we signed him I thought he'd be that creative spark that we've been missing but no...he is not.

I blame Pearcey for the Rino positivity.🤣

Extended highlights vs. Bristol Rovers on Cardiff City TV.

Goutas hit a beautiful pinpoint cross field ball. Ugbo scuffed a first time shot.

Nah but just a bit of fun, going off their careers more than anything. Careers. Looks. Gutfeel. Murmurings. Anything.
    Ok fair enough.

Ramsey
    Grant
    Meite
    Goutas
    Ugbo.

There we are, nothing like a good preseason rank!

My issue is everyone else seems to watch a lot more football than me!

It's very rare I've ever even heard of any player we sign to be honest!

Unless its city or wales I take very little interest in football so I won't know anything about them. Expect I'm alone in that though and I'll get ribbed for saying it but how can I judge someone like goutas or bulut as to be honest I'd never heard of either a few weeks ago. impresses me how strong views people seem to have on them though!

My issue is everyone else seems to watch a lot more football than me!

It's very rare I've ever even heard of any player we sign to be honest!

Unless its city or wales I take very little interest in football so I won't know anything about them. Expect I'm alone in that though and I'll get ribbed for saying it but how can I judge someone like goutas or bulut as to be honest I'd never heard of either a few weeks ago. impresses me how strong views people seem to have on them though!
    I don't watch any football outside of City and Wales. Doesn't interest me at all. But I'm just guessing based on little snippets I've read/seen here and there. Meite having a crazy high work rate. Ugbo's terrible goal record. Goutas' all important YouTube highlights. Grant coming off a bad season. Ramsey being magic and wearing a magic hat.

It's all just guesswork for the fun of it. Or so I thought

I don't watch any football outside of City and Wales. Doesn't interest me at all. But I'm just guessing based on little snippets I've read/seen here and there. Meite having a crazy high work rate. Ugbo's terrible goal record. Goutas' all important YouTube highlights. Grant coming off a bad season. Ramsey being magic and wearing a magic hat.

It's all just guesswork for the fun of it. Or so I thought
    No I find it interesting! It's interesting who people think is good or not as honestly I don't have a clue. Not a scooby. I'll look forward to seeing them myself but otherwise I have no idea.

Expect I'm alone in that though and I'll get ribbed for saying it but how can I judge someone like goutas or bulut as to be honest I'd never heard of either a few weeks ago. impresses me how strong views people seem to have on them though!
    In fairness, almost all of those who wax lyrical about such signings are just talking garbage. They’ve no more idea than you and I, they just pretend they do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, almost all of those who wax lyrical about such signings are just talking garbage. They’ve no more idea than you and I, they just pretend they do.
    Maybe I dreamed it but this time last season werent some people waxing lyrical about ollie tanner? That spurs wanted him etc?

A long time ago now but sure there was something.

Maybe I dreamed it but this time last season werent some people waxing lyrical about ollie tanner? That spurs wanted him etc?
    Of course. City are linked, a quick Google and the ‘experts’ told us he’s very highly-rated. Meanwhile, Tanner’s manager at Lewes was telling us he’s the next Gareth Bale.

The one that made me laugh recently was the Goutas signing. Bulut told the press he had played for Olympiacos, but in fact he never made a competitive appearance for them during four years on their books. Perhaps the manager should have given him a quick Google. 🤣

Just based on gut feeling

1. Aaron Ramsey
    2 Karlan Grant
    2. Yakou Meite
    3. Dimitrios Goutas
    5. Ike Ugbo

Just based on gut feeling too

1. Aaron Ramsey
    2. Dimi Goutas
    3. Karlan Grant ignoring the negative comments from my WBA friends
    4. Yakou Meite
    5. Ike Ugbo

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course. City are linked, a quick Google and the ‘experts’ told us he’s very highly-rated. Meanwhile, Tanner’s manager at Lewes was telling us he’s the next Gareth Bale.

The one that made me laugh recently was the Goutas signing. Bulut told the press he had played for Olympiacos, but in fact he never made a competitive appearance for them during four years on their books. Perhaps the manager should have given him a quick Google. 🤣
    Early days but whether he played for olympiacos or not goutas looks awful. Way off the pace.

The warning signs about Grant were written on the message boards

That was a Pat Heard esque performance today

Kipre looks better than Goutas
    Philogene looks way better than Grant
    Kaba looks better than Ugbo

Worrying

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Worrying
    Ugbo has got 2 goals already

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Worrying
    It’s going to take time for them to settle in and gel, especially Goutas. Coming from a different country for any job is a big enough upheaval, language barriers and cultural differences are hard enough.

Grant was anonymous and looked like he had little if any confidence in his own ability , Philogene offered very little when he initially came into the team last season.
    Ugbo has hardly had lots of service but still 2 in 2.

Apart from Grant who should never have started, our problems yesterday were caused by lacks of concentration from our established team players.

ODowda getting done for the first goal so easily and Wintle and Ng being way off the pace, didn’t help matters .

Although it was a disappointing result and performance, Bulut will need 10 12 games to get his best eleven playing the way he wants to play

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    It’s going to take time for them to settle in and gel, especially Goutas. Coming from a different country for any job is a big enough upheaval, language barriers and cultural differences are hard enough.

Grant was anonymous and looked like he had little if any confidence in his own ability , Philogene offered very little when he initially came into the team last season.
    Ugbo has hardly had lots of service but still 2 in 2.

Apart from Grant who should never have started, our problems yesterday were caused by lacks of concentration from our established team players.

ODowda getting done for the first goal so easily and Wintle and Ng being way off the pace, didn’t help matters .

Although it was a disappointing result and performance, Bulut will need 10 12 games to get his best eleven playing the way he wants to play
    Never buy this “gel” business personally. It either works or it doesn’t

WalesOnline have their say:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rated-27824172

What do you think?