+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONFIRMED: Karlan Grant on his way...are City having a go...?

Re: CONFIRMED: Karlan Grant on his way...are City having a go...?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    They finally got rid of Zohore this week. He's just joined Śląsk Wrocław on a free transfer
    Perhaps what they still owe us from the Zohore transfer is paying for this loan ?

Well done to the club for pulling off a deal which I don’t think anyone was talking about until this morning.

As with all of our new players, Grant comes here with questions to answer, but he’s an intriguing signing who could turn out to be inspired one.

One other thing, I’m not sure we’re paying most of his wages - that’s the sort of thing West Brom would say for their own fans’ consideration in their dodgy financial position.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Have a mate who a baggies fan - they still have forgiven us for Zohore. He doesnt have much to say about Grant - other than that he runs about a bit and falls over. Hope he's wrong
    Well, for two seasons at Huddersfield, he was apparently doing a bit more than just running about a bit and falling over.

There are certain posters creaming themselves about how well Robert Glatzel is doing in Germany - but it just never happened for him here.

So, maybe a change of club and manager is what Grant needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well done to the club for pulling off a deal which I don’t think anyone was talking about until this morning.

As with all of our new players, Grant comes here with questions to answer, but he’s an intriguing signing who could turn out to be inspired one.

One other thing, I’m not sure we’re paying most of his wages - that’s the sort of thing West Brom would say for their own fans’ consideration in their dodgy financial position.
    There was the same thing about Boothroyd,lazy ect.
    One of the most exciting players at the City.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    They all slagged Kaba off in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    It seems City aren't just looking for safety in the coming season, their ambitions appear to be much higher than that.

Where's Bale, has he been keeping in shape
    Starting to feel positive about the coming season. Far more than I was last season, with Morison's signing of 17 journeymen and not one proven goal scorer among them!

Getting quite excited for the season, some decent looking signings early doors, and a fit Robinson and Collins back in the side. I hope Adams comes good as well.

I’m optimistic about the new manager and coaching staff as well. Dark horses?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Boothroyddear God.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Boothroyddear God.
    I know

Re: Karlan Grant on his way...are City having a go...?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Grant didn’t play up front last season, was either out on the left or right wing apparently.
    Not true, but the stats of last season make for interesting reading.

Grant started all of West Brom's opening 9 league games as striker, scoring 3 in those games. That's hardly shabby. Steve Bruce signed Brandon Thomas-Asante and he was a scoring substitute in the last 2 of the opening 9 league games Grant had started. Bruce decided to start with T-A instead of Grant, but was soon given the sack.

Corberan took over and started Grant up front in his first two games in charge. Grant didn't score in either and was dropped to the bench, even missing out on the squad on many occasions, none to injury or illness. Daryl Dike had recovered from injury and became a regular starter with T-A, though neither player were in any way prolific.

Thomas-Asante and Dike scored 7 each. Dike started 14, T-A 20. Grant started the last 5 games playing on the left wing, meaning he'd started 18 games by the end of the season, but only 1 between matchdays 19 and 42.

There's no denying that 3 goals in 18 starts and 13 appearances as sub isn't great, but he only had one run of games all season, right back at the beginning. TLG's comments about Corberan not wanting him at all sound about right and Grant's downturn in fortunes seem to have coincided with Corberan's arrival at The Hawthorns. Hopefully a change of surroundings will be the ticket for Grant and he then finds some form again.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’d make a good warm up man at a crematorium
    was thinking the same...The Lone Glumman

International

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Indeed. If someone’s statistics are great wherever they go, that signifies top grade talent.

But inconsistent statistics can mean anything:

1. Temporary lack of form
    2. Low motivation
    3. Issues in personal life
    4. Doesn’t get on with coach
    5. Doesn’t fit system with last team
    6. Chemistry didn’t work with recent players

Strikers in particular. Liverpool signed Belgian international Benteke from Villa on the back of good stats. Didn’t fit Brendan Rogers style - failure

Diego Forlan. Cracking Uruguayan striker. Dirge initially for United

Examples are abound. The guy can clearly score. The question is will the system work for him and wik the players in midfield provide the service to meet his skillset. If those are in place, he stands a good chance of doing well.
    I think with Rambo feeding him, he will grab a few goals for us, another good signing, things are definitely looking a lot brighter on paper than a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well, for two seasons at Huddersfield, he was apparently doing a bit more than just running about a bit and falling over.

There are certain posters creaming themselves about how well Robert Glatzel is doing in Germany - but it just never happened for him here.

So, maybe a change of club and manager is what Grant needs right now.
    Ding Dong

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I think with Rambo feeding him, he will grab a few goals for us, another good signing, things are definitely looking a lot brighter on paper than a month ago
    Grant also said on his interview he’s good mates with Robinson and the two enjoy playing g together. Fingers crossed he can knock a few in

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think West Brom would have sanctioned the deal so early in the transfer window if City weren’t paying the majority of his wages. I reckon they would have waited for other options, and there were sure to have been some given his scoring record at this level.

Yesterday seems to have seen a significant change of policy at the club. I reckon Grant and Ramsey are the two biggest deals City have taken on in terms of wages since Warnock was awarding players with daft contracts.

I wonder whether the focus has finally shifted away from the Sala affair?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t think West Brom would have sanctioned the deal so early in the transfer window if City weren’t paying the majority of his wages. I reckon they would have waited for other options, and there were sure to have been some given his scoring record at this level.

Yesterday seems to have seen a significant change of policy at the club. I reckon Grant and Ramsey are the two biggest deals City have taken on in terms of wages since Warnock was awarding players with daft contracts.

I wonder whether the focus has finally shifted away from the Sala affair?
    In fact, have we now paid Nantes in full?