+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best current Championship manager?

Best current Championship manager?

Who do you think the Second Tier podcast picked as the best manager in the Championship? It wasn’t Erol Bulut, he was placed twenty first.

Re: Best current Championship manager?

It has to be Daniel Farke. He’s won it twice.

I'd say Robins based on how well Cov did last season and that he's still in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It has to be Daniel Farke. He’s won it twice.
    Warnock has won one championship but also taken two other sides up. Plus all the other promotions he has won and the number of times he has saved sides from relegation.

Based purely on record there's no contest.

I switched off that episode after 7 minutes. The main host is a twat. He always has a go at the other guy when he disagrees with him and not even in a remotely entertaining way. If they're trying to be like Carragher and Neville, they are not. Just one egotistical twat shouting down at some poor sod who dares to think differently.

It’s none of the names mentioned so far. Robins was third with the one who the “egotistical twat” (I don’t like him either) has a go at rating him the best. Farke was about sixth I think and Warnock around tenth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I switched off that episode after 7 minutes. The main host is a twat. He always has a go at the other guy when he disagrees with him and not even in a remotely entertaining way. If they're trying to be like Carragher and Neville, they are not. Just one egotistical twat shouting down at some poor sod who dares to think differently.
    Gave it up last season, after only a few months listening, basically 2 Derby fans who when they got relegated re-branded. You can not compare this podcast to the Not The Top 20, 2nd tier is awful

Just to say they rated Ipswich’s manager as the best in this season’s Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to say they rated Ipswich’s manager as the best in this season’s Championship.
    They come out with some awful shite but that might just be worst of the lot

Neil.

Edit, didn't read all the posts.

Not sure how they worked that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's a shout and a half, he's never managed at this level before.

I'd have been happy though if City had gone for McKenna before Ipswich took him on. Excellent coach by all accounts and it would've been interesting to see how some of our younger players had developed under his guidance.

I’ve mentioned before, I’d like McKenna. Early days, but I think he’ll prove to be a decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That's a shout and a half, he's never managed at this level before.

I'd have been happy though if City had gone for McKenna before Ipswich took him on. Excellent coach by all accounts and it would've been interesting to see how some of our younger players had developed under his guidance.
    I can’t work how Schumacher at Plymouth, whose team finished above Ipswich with a far smaller playing budget is rated below McKenna - he’s got a very impressive CV and is clearly a very good coach and manager, but, to hear them talk, he’s the UK’s equivalent to Pep.