+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aaron Ramsey's interview

International

Aaron Ramsey's interview

International

Re: Aaron Ramsey's interview

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-play-27332268

And follow up comments to Wales Online!

"After the last couple of seasons Cardiff had, it's been a bit difficult," he concedes. "It's about now trying to get some stability back there and trying to make fans happy again, seeing smiles on faces.

"The only way we can achieve that is by sticking together, supporting each other and hopefully this season we can kick-start that again and get the Cardiff back that I know, and the fans and everyone being together in that and make it a fortress again. That's the plan this season now, to achieve that. We are going to have to take care of that by giving the performances required to play for Cardiff.

"The manager, new staff... now we can hopefully get in over the next few weeks and get to understand and know each other a bit better to have a good crack at this year. There are many surprises in the Championship every year. I'm feeling good and want to contribute as much as I can to get Cardiff back to where they were.

"I always set my expectations really high. My targets will be no different. I want to try and help Cardiff get back to playing against the best teams in the country."

"I have had a couple of weeks off but I'm excited to get back in with the boys and see my new teammates and to get going again!" he says.

"It started off many years ago with a pre-season trip to Portugal, so there were some good memories. Let's go and make some more."

Welcome back Rambo!

International

Worth a read of the full article, if you can put up with the pop ups

The Aaron Ramsey interview: Where I'll play for Cardiff City, my talks with Tan and what I think of Bulut

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-play-27332268

"It's just great to see. Obviously, me coming through that academy and progressing the way I I did. To see my boy take that first step, a very proud moment."

Much speculation online has surrounded where he will play. Will he play deep in the pivot? Or further advanced in that playmaker role? It's clear, from the conversations he's had with manager Erol Bulut, he knows where he will be able to affect games next season.

"It will depend on the game, but more advanced, more an eight or a 10 position," he says of his position. "I think that's where I play my best football.

"I can play in other positions, but, yeah, where I can have an influence and affect the games a lot more. A lot more attacking positions suit me better.

"I've been really impressed (by Bulut). I think he's come in and been a breath of fresh air, from speaking to some of the lads.

"He is really excited by this challenge ahead. He is determined to put his stamp on things and help Cardiff get back to where we believe they belong."

International

It amuses me that he gave up a possibly very lucrative contract either in Saudi or the US because of his oft stated desire to stay close to his family. Greatest respect to him for that.......
    but (there's always a but) having achieved the objective and signed for City the first thing he does is jump on a plane and bugger of to Portugal. You've got to love football.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It amuses me that he gave up a possibly very lucrative contract either in Saudi or the US because of his oft stated desire to stay close to his family. Greatest respect to him for that.......
    but (there's always a but) having achieved the objective and signed for City the first thing he does is jump on a plane and bugger of to Portugal. You've got to love football.
    I bet he hasn't flown easyJet for a while mind .