+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Re: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    do you understand the reason that scientists think that this warming period is different to previous ones?
    Why do the government funded scientists think that this warming period is different to previous ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why do the government funded scientists think that this warming period is different to previous ones?
    do you not know? If so why are you convinced they are wrong?

on the question of funding, there has historically been very little money for climate science, and some very wealthy industries happy to fund climate denial. Many government policies to try to address climate change will have a retardant effect on the economy, so there is considerable pressure on politicians to ignore it also.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fascinating use of the word "cult" lately in this thread seeing as it is those using it who are the cultists.

I Googled the term modern definition of the word cult just now and this came up - it perfectly captures what I believe the word cult has come to mean in today's society;

"The term “cult” refers most often to a group of people with usually atypical beliefs living in relative isolation from the world."

Do the gifted crew on here believe that the Met Office is a member of the cult they refer to? I'd say m0st people would read something like this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66304220

cast their minds back to what had just happened a year ago in the UK, look at what is happening in southern Europe currently (don't forget a leading member of the naysayers on here was telling everyone there was nothing to worry about there a few days ago ) and conclude that there may be something to this human induced climate change stuff after all.
    7twpve.jpg

do you not know? If so why are you convinced they are wrong?

on the question of funding, there has historically been very little money for climate science, and some very wealthy industries happy to fund climate denial. Many government policies to try to address climate change will have a retardant effect on the economy, so there is considerable pressure on politicians to ignore it also.
    Nice mantra, but it seems like you are trying to convince yourself more than anybody else

Nice mantra, but it seems like you are trying to convince yourself more than anybody else

1. Government funded scientists say the end is nigh.
    2. The cult scream "do something".
    3. The government proceed to work quietly with a group of billionaires on a multitude of intertwined solutions, that nobody questions or understands what effects it will have on their lives. <--- We are here.

Google is a cult training algorithm
    Fiddling while Greece burns.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66322608

Very small sample, but something that may be a concern, what’s the best solution going forward do you think ?

havent they come out and blamed arson?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    They did, and it seems that there was some arson, but I think it’s become too widespread now for it to be the case everywhere.

They did, and it seems that there was some arson, but I think it’s become too widespread now for it to be the case everywhere.
    well ill defer to your knowledge on wildfires!

Some arson. Some spontaneous.

All bigger, longer lasting, and harder to control because of the extreme temperatures and baked dry soil and vegetation.

well ill defer to your knowledge on wildfires!
    The fires are on at least three separate islands and there’s sixty four of them.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-b1096291.html

This isn't to be taken as a comment on wider issues, but seriously, how shite is the weather here this summer?

I just checked and this 19c cloudy drizzle is here for the next 10 days at least

The fires are on at least three separate islands and there’s sixty four of them.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-b1096291.html
    The WEF must have deployed an army of arsonists.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This isn't to be taken as a comment on wider issues, but seriously, how shite is the weather here this summer?

I just checked and this 19c cloudy drizzle is here for the next 10 days at least
    And the hottest June on record.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And the hottest June on record.
    and globally July is the hottest month ever recorded

But Climate Change is not a problem!

CO2 is great - plants love it!

More people die of cold than heat - at least in Sussex!

And anyway it was a bit nippy and drizzly in Barry last week so it's obviously all nonsense!

Other detailed climate analysis available from this Frost-Lawson propaganda and lobbying group:

https://www.desmog.com/debunked-lord...cy-foundation/

But Climate Change is not a problem!

CO2 is great - plants love it!

More people die of cold than heat - at least in Sussex!

And anyway it was a bit nippy and drizzly in Barry last week so it's obviously all nonsense!

Other detailed climate analysis available from this Frost-Lawson propaganda and lobbying group:

https://www.desmog.com/debunked-lord...cy-foundation/

obviously not going to click the link but the amount of angst people have for this topic just genuinely surprised me

obviously not going to click the link but the amount of angst people have for this topic just genuinely surprised me
    Why and why?

It's a cult and if you don't fall in your are far right, this topic is not questionable, just like the other cult of resent years, dem's the rules. I'm sure you will have had a looksey at the climate nonsense, Co2 is a trace element in the atmosphere and is at around 421 ppm (0.04%) and human activities contribute only a small portion of this 421 ppm, plenty of climate scientists getting the same treatment as the C19 ones who questioned it. The transition is already being made from climate warming to climate boiling!!

and globally July is the hottest month ever recorded
    Which scientists have said this

For every one scientist stating global warming, there is another who can prove otherwise..

It’s just that one side gets suppressed more.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Which scientists have said this

For every one scientist stating global warming, there is another who can prove otherwise..

It’s just that one side gets suppressed more.
    Nonsense.

It is not a 50:50 split of 'opinion' between scientists across the world.

97% of scientists working on climate agree on the facts of global warming and agree that human action is driving rises way above the historical cyclical norms.

From what I can see and read the majority of 'bought' opinion is on the side of climate change denial and the apologists for Big Oil - as it has been for decades. That minority viewpoint is amplified through social media campaigns and major sections of the print and online media. Not the major broadcast players in the UK - BBC/ITV/Sky - but plenty of the right wing press and massive sections of the new media reflect and amplify that view.

Traditional wealth and power is still mainly behind climate change denial - it is certainly not acting in the interests of the poor and the vulnerable.

Nonsense.

It is not a 50:50 split of 'opinion' between scientists across the world.

97% of scientists working on climate agree on the facts of global warming and agree that human action is driving rises way above the historical cyclical norms.

From what I can see and read the majority of 'bought' opinion is on the side of climate change denial and the apologists for Big Oil - as it has been for decades. That minority viewpoint is amplified through social media campaigns and major sections of the print and online media. Not the major broadcast players in the UK - BBC/ITV/Sky - but plenty of the right wing press and massive sections of the new media reflect and amplify that view.

Traditional wealth and power is still mainly behind climate change denial - it is certainly not acting in the interests of the poor and the vulnerable.
    I’ve no idea what the actual split is , neither do you , but I don’t see any mainstream articles with an alternative viewpoint.

That being said , it will be the poor and vulnerable who this policy will effect more than most as you say.

ULEZ a case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve no idea what the actual split is , neither do you , but I don’t see any mainstream articles with an alternative viewpoint.

That being said , it will be the poor and vulnerable who this policy will effect more than most as you say.

ULEZ a case in point.
    the poor and vulnerable will also pay a high price if we do nothing