+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Re: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Honestly half of this forum is mentally ill.
    I hope you get well soon mate, but I do understand how all these scary stories can have a terrible effect on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I hope you get well soon mate, but I do understand how all these scary stories can have a terrible effect on people.
    For a fifth time...

What is the physical process scientists say is causing climate change? What about that process do you disagree with?

For a fourth time...

What is the physical process scientists say is causing climate change? What about that process do you disagree with?

Seems like everyone is avoiding this, not even an attempt.
    Actually, not. I first asked the questions for you and your Green Chum to answer me by asking you to explain why solar systems are seeing temperature changes, and how you cannot account for floods from 4k years ago and the Sahara.

Your response? To ask me to define a process that your side of the argument should be confident of explaining yourself. So like all people on unsound footing, you answer questions first put to you, by asking me to define something you should be able to articulate yourself. A truly bizarre and obtuse way of responding to two questions that neither you nor the sheep you support, can answer.

It does not inspire confidence and until I see those response I can only conclude that you are on the backfoot, just about holding up on the boxing ring ropes, clinging to a desperate position.

So as in all matters of courtesy, answer the two questions you were given to start with, and then perhaps we can engage like adults.

For a fourth time...

Seems like everyone is avoiding this, not even an attempt.
    It’s because most posters are probably on their lunch break at the moment

What is the physical process scientists say is causing climate change, what about that process do you disagree with? I guarantee you can't answer this basic question, people like you never can.

You're completely unhinged and probably mentally ill, 8 year olds can write better.

Literally frothing at the mouth aren't you.
    A little humour goes a long way. Alleging that someone in "mentally ill" for laughing at spuriously argued positions, shows a lack of confidence in the subject matter. But a cute way to attempt to garner attention, bless. I'll give you a rusk for that one - you did fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s because most posters are probably on their lunch break at the moment
    I'm busy tucking into a plate of climate lockdown nosh (bugs) as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Does anyone think that the ccmb board is capable of providing a solution to global warming ?
    Maybe best leave it to the people that may know a bit more than the residents experts on here.

Over the years this board has failed on a Brexit strategy has also failed on the small boats / immigration problem and countless other issues.
    I'm not asking anyone on here for a solution, I'd just like to know if any of the people who don't believe it is real or a problem actually understand WHY the scientific consensus is what it is. so far nobody has come close to showing that they have even a rudimentary grasp of it

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Actually, not. I first asked the questions for you and your Green Chum to answer me by asking you to explain why solar systems are seeing temperature changes, and how you cannot account for floods from 4k years ago and the Sahara.

Your response? To ask me to define a process that your side of the argument should be confident of explaining yourself. So like all people on unsound footing, you answer questions first put to you, by asking me to define something you should be able to articulate yourself. A truly bizarre and obtuse way of responding to two questions that neither you nor the sheep you support, can answer.

It does not inspire confidence and until I see those response I can only conclude that you are on the backfoot, just about holding up on the boxing ring ropes, clinging to a desperate position.

So as in all matters of courtesy, answer the two questions you were given to start with, and then perhaps we can engage like adults.
    Your first two words state categorically that you’ve answered the two questions, you then spend four paragraphs and hundreds of words avoiding them

The link posted in the OP is talking about what is happening this week on a subject that is one of great issues of our time and you’re demanding answers to questions on things that happened four thousand years ago!

I'm busy tucking into a plate of climate lockdown nosh (bugs) as we speak.
    Yeah, looking back at it now, scuffling about trying to find tonight’s dinner under our carpets was the toughest part of the Covid lockdown wasn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, looking back at it now, scuffling about trying to find tonight’s dinner under our carpets was the toughest part of the Covid lockdown wasn’t it.
    The toughest part was knowing that it wasn't necessary, but the masses demanded it anyway.

Anyone on here qualified in Geology? , Climate change, Global warming ? , anyone working for an organisation that is doing research into it all ? maybe they would like to chime in with details on the work they are doing.

Im sure you can find enough scientific links / cherry pick data to justify any argument on global warming / El Nino etc.

For the avoidance of doubt - man made climate change is making things a whole lot worse. The north pole used to be warm - until climate change altered things (but what do I know).

Pretty sure it wasnt Thatchers fault - even though there will be some on here will try and link the 2 together.
    It could possibly be Kinnock with the his head reflecting the sun back into the atmosphere and the hot air from those speeches. Joking there - met him once - lovely bloke - a city fan and likes to ride the European gravy train when he can :)

The toughest part was knowing that it wasn't necessary, but the masses demanded it anyway.
    The trouble is that, as with so many things over the past six or seven years, there’s a record to be found on here of what you were saying at the time, not what you say now.

Your first two words state categorically that you’ve answered the two questions, you then spend four paragraphs and hundreds of words avoiding them

The link posted in the OP is talking about what is happening this week on a subject that is one of great issues of our time and you’re demanding answers to questions on things that happened four thousand years ago!
    Jesus. Did you really need me to explain the connection? Must it be spelt out in baby speak? The logic of climate change, flooding, and warming suggest it is man made.

The counter factuals in Brian Durrant's article (which I suspect you didn't, or perhaps speed-read it, or glossed over it), show there are similar patterns outside the planet that are similar, and within the earth in both the 1970s and over centuries and millennia ago, that are the same weather cycles, that means the current global warming cannot be claimed to be man-made, blowing a hole in the logic of the Screaming Marys.

If all you want to do is look at here and now, without any context, without any counter-factuals, ignoring that it isn't a scientific consensus as those scientists who disagree get their funding withdrawn, but simply want to scream about today's hot weather must be man-made global warming and leave it at that, then perhaps you are in the wrong conversation pal. That is precisely what Brian Durrant was aiming at: that a nice "it is getting hotter, it is man-made, it is goodies v baddies, scientists cannot be questioned, deniers are evil" is a narrative that is too simplistic, and is simple enough for low IQ, easy-thinking people to understand - which is why it is sold as a narrative to junior school children.

It is a big subject. The point of science is that it is there to be cross-examined and challenged, and allowed to be challenged by other scientists (as it is), not to be a compliant "Yes, Miss" response, childishly received by what should be analytical grown up adults.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Anyone on here qualified in Geology? , Climate change, Global warming ? , anyone working for an organisation that is doing research into it all ? maybe they would like to chime in with details on the work they are doing.

Im sure you can find enough scientific links / cherry pick data to justify any argument on global warming / El Nino etc.

For the avoidance of doubt - man made climate change is making things a whole lot worse. The north pole used to be warm - until climate change altered things (but what do I know).

Pretty sure it wasnt Thatchers fault - even though there will be some on here will try and link the 2 together.
    It could possibly be Kinnock with the his head reflecting the sun back into the atmosphere and the hot air from those speeches. Joking there - met him once - lovely bloke - a city fan and likes to ride the European gravy train when he can :)
    Well my oldest friend has a PHD in Geology and he says the exact same things that I say.

But you don't need to be any of those things to listen to the people who know what they're actually talking about. I trust scientists more than someone who has fallen into a rabbithole of YouTube conspiracies.

Climate change being caused by man isn't cherry picked data ffs, the scientific consensus is this is happening because of us and it is no longer a debate as much as gravity existing or vaccines saves lives.

For the sixth time

Jesus. Did you really need me to explain the connection? Must it be spelt out in baby speak? The logic of climate change, flooding, and warming suggest it is man made.

The counter factuals in Brian Durrant's article (which I suspect you didn't, or perhaps speed-read it, or glossed over it), show there are similar patterns outside the planet that are similar, and within the earth in both the 1970s and over centuries and millennia ago, that are the same weather cycles, that means the current global warming cannot be claimed to be man-made, blowing a hole in the logic of the Screaming Marys.

If all you want to do is look at here and now, without any context, without any counter-factuals, ignoring that it isn't a scientific consensus as those scientists who disagree get their funding withdrawn, but simply want to scream about today's hot weather must be man-made global warming and leave it at that, then perhaps you are in the wrong conversation pal. That is precisely what Brian Durrant was aiming at: that a nice "it is getting hotter, it is man-made, it is goodies v baddies, scientists cannot be questioned, deniers are evil" is a narrative that is too simplistic, and is simple enough for low IQ, easy-thinking people to understand - which is why it is sold as a narrative to junior school children.

It is a big subject. The point of science is that it is there to be cross-examined and challenged, and allowed to be challenged by other scientists (as it is), not to be a compliant "Yes, Miss" response, childishly received by what should be analytical grown up adults.
    No, you don’t have to, I would be grateful if you answered the two questions though.

No, you don’t have to, I would be grateful if you answered the two questions though.
    Once the two I asked have been answered, happy to engage. I have command of my side of the debate. I expect debaters arguing their side to know their own. But I am not going to define what they should already know and present themselves, in response to two questions that they have chosen to blatantly ignore.

Show me yours, then I'll show you mine. In that order. In the order they were asked.

way i see it, we are all going to die anyway so who cares if climate change is man made or natural, a hoax or real. you cant stop whats happening without bringing significant misery to those currently living so we should all crack on as normal until we all die out

Once the two I asked have been answered, happy to engage. I have command of my side of the debate. I expect debaters arguing their side to know their own. But I am not going to define what they should already know and present themselves, in response to two questions that they have chosen to blatantly ignore.

Show me yours, then I'll show you mine. In that order. In the order they were asked.
    Fifth post on this thread is my question.

For the seventh time..

The trouble is that, as with so many things over the past six or seven years, there’s a record to be found on here of what you were saying at the time, not what you say now.
    I was never in favour of any lockdowns, but luckily they were only temporary. For those that have kids/grandkids, they should be aware that any climate change legislation will result in restrictions that are permanent for the plebs, while the elite carry on as normal.

Fifth post on this thread is my question.

For the seventh time..

FOR THE THIRD TIME

have you have scrapped all your foreign holidays , walk everywhere, had your home retrofitted , started growing your own food , boycotted imports from the highest carbon producing countries etc ?

Have you stopped supporting the environmental disaster that is the Ukraine “war”

FOR THE THIRD TIME

have you have scrapped all your foreign holidays , walk everywhere, had your home retrofitted , started growing your own food , boycotted imports from the highest carbon producing countries etc ?

Have you stopped supporting the environmental disaster that is the Ukraine “war”
    I've already responded to you ****ing hell, this isn't the GOTCHA that you think it is.

This is what people like you do, you can't answer basic questions so you divert diver divert. Just say you can't answer it showing as per usual you don't have a clue.

Well my oldest friend has a PHD in Geology and he says the exact same things that I say.

But you don't need to be any of those things to listen to the people who know what they're actually talking about. I trust scientists more than someone who has fallen into a rabbithole of YouTube conspiracies.

Climate change being caused by man isn't cherry picked data ffs, the scientific consensus is this is happening because of us and it is no longer a debate as much as gravity existing or vaccines saves lives.

For the sixth time

Was that a question to me ? - dunno - I tend to trust what the scientists say. The current situation is made worse by El Nino (happens about once every 10 years apparently according to the Met Office)

Obviously as long as your best friend who has a PHD Geology is advising you, I would listen to him. You would probably change your tune though if they came out as an SNP / lib Dem or Tory...

I've already responded to you ****ing hell.

Just say you can't answer it showing as per usual you don't have a clue.
    I know more than you , I’m just not fanatical about it ok sunshine

Now before you go fill this in and get back to me and I bet you £10 for a charity of your choice that mine is lower than yours

https://footprint.wwf.org.uk/

The US military is one of the biggest polluters on the planet, yet the government still keeps on given them increasingly larger amounts of cash, while at the same time they expect the poor people who have tiny carbon footprints to limit their already meagre existence.

I know more than you , I’m just not fanatical about it ok sunshine

Now before you go fill this in and get back to me and I bet you £10 for a charity of your choice that mine is lower than yours

https://footprint.wwf.org.uk/
    I will do it once you answer my question.

For the eighth time

Beyond hilarious at this point how deniers can't answer this incredibly basic quesiton.