+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Re: Yet some will have you believe that there’s nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Out of interest how should something as incremental as climate change get reported?

It seems a bit facile to say a little while after the highest mean recorded temperature in the planet's history we should dial it down because some places were cooler. In any event climate change is not just about heat.

Do we have to wait until an inhabited Pacific island gets flooded before something is considered newsworthy or are updated of ice-caps and glaciers melting and rainforests shrinking unworthy of reporting because they risk boring and alienating a section of society? Perhaps young people may feel differently than the average demographic that contributes to this Board, who knows?
    Who is saying it shouldn't be reported? It absolutely should. I'm just saying the reporting is often alarmist and not often reporting on the positive changes, which we all need to do to combat and ultimately live with a changing climate.

My point is that the reporting sometimes doesn't actually help. If it doesn't reward things like countiries decarbonising then those countries are less incentivised to do it.

The right balance needs to be struck, as with most things, between carrot and stick. So alongside the stories of heatwaves, let's also talk about how much we have decarbonised, let's talk about new building techniques or how cities are trying to cool their public spaces etc

I can't wait for the climate emails to come out in a few years time when it will be too late to turn back the clock!

"So Friggin' Likely": New Covid Documents Reveal Unparalleled Media Deception

Newly released chats and emails between the authors of a crucial scientific paper leave no doubt: an unprecedented official disinformation campaign accompanied the arrival of Covid-19

https://www.racket.news/p/so-friggin...ovid-documents

Out of interest how should something as incremental as climate change get reported?

It seems a bit facile to say a little while after the highest mean recorded temperature in the planet's history we should dial it down because some places were cooler. In any event climate change is not just about heat.

Do we have to wait until an inhabited Pacific island gets flooded before something is considered newsworthy or are updated of ice-caps and glaciers melting and rainforests shrinking unworthy of reporting because they risk boring and alienating a section of society? Perhaps young people may feel differently than the average demographic that contributes to this Board, who knows?

The earth is 4 billion years old, do you really think this is the hottest its ever been?

No probably not, millions of years ago the north pole was tropical apparently. x number of million years later and we were nearly completely frozen.

Butwhat is different this time - is that we are affecting it. We have taken carbon that was stored in the ground, under the sea etc - burnt it - and released back into the atmosphere.

If only we had a way of doing that ...

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    No probably not, millions of years ago the north pole was tropical apparently. x number of million years later and we were nearly completely frozen.

Butwhat is different this time - is that we are affecting it. We have taken carbon that was stored in the ground, under the sea etc - burnt it - and released back into the atmosphere.

If only we had a way of doing that ...
    youre right of course that we have sped up the process somewhat, but thats owing to the fact we are far more advanced and intelligent than any other species ( save for some of us !) and we found a way to not only survive but enhance our existence. the world is over-populated, but theres just no realistic way we can dial this back now. not without great misery on the people who actually have to live.

some of the things we will have to go through over the next 50 years. controlled diet, limiting travel, raising costs associated with helping the climate crisis (electric car, water pumps etc).

this will (by whoever inhabits earth millions of years from now) just be seen as a geological period like the rest of them. where humans lived and then died within 100k years, or millions of years - whatever the case may be. it would be arrogant (and typical of the human race to be honest) to think that we can halt nature.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    The earth is 4 billion years old, do you really think this is the hottest its ever been?
    Absolutely not. Perhaps I used the word "recorded" for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Who is saying it shouldn't be reported? It absolutely should. I'm just saying the reporting is often alarmist and not often reporting on the positive changes, which we all need to do to combat and ultimately live with a changing climate.

My point is that the reporting sometimes doesn't actually help. If it doesn't reward things like countiries decarbonising then those countries are less incentivised to do it.

The right balance needs to be struck, as with most things, between carrot and stick. So alongside the stories of heatwaves, let's also talk about how much we have decarbonised, let's talk about new building techniques or how cities are trying to cool their public spaces etc
    'The titanic is sinking but it's ok there's a bucket so don't sound the alarm'.

You're right about younger people. There's not just worry but anger at older generations who have got their ignorant heads buried in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    'The titanic is sinking but it's ok there's a bucket so don't sound the alarm'.
    Your ability to miss the point is unparalleled on this forum

You're right about younger people. There's not just worry but anger at older generations who have got their ignorant heads buried in the sand.
    I know loads of younger people, whatever that definition is, and most don't talk about things the way you do.

What specific actions are you taking out of interest?

I know loads of younger people, whatever that definition is, and most don't talk about things the way you do.

tbf, not whinging about urban speed limits, electric vehicles and who writes Greta's speeches makes you some kind of radical activist on here!

DIVERT DIVERT DIVERT.

Answer the question or piss off.

For the tenth time

What is the physical process scientists say is causing climate change? What about that process do you disagree with?
    Just been to a site that is extremely innovative and it’s a is low carbon village with a fabric first approach in the S West , it’s kit includes photovoltaic panels , triple grazing , MVHR systems , heat pumps and PV batteries and EV charging points.

Which of this kit do you have, as I’m really interested in the technology?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just been to a site that is extremely innovative and it’s a is low carbon village with a fabric first approach in the S West , it’s kit includes photovoltaic panels , triple grazing , MVHR systems , heat pumps and PV batteries and EV charging points.

More pertinently, what did these eco-warriors think of you when you racked up in your high performance car?

More pertinently, what did these eco-warriors think of you when you racked up in your high performance car?
    They are not eco-warriors , it’s a new development.

My car runs on half the power when in Eco mode.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

You still can't answer the question can you, embarrassing.

Young people won't speak with right wing tosser shocker.

I'm not having kids.

You still can't answer the question can you, embarrassing.
    I’ve presented a link earlier in the thread.

No offence but the fact you’re saying you have just added insulation shows how out of touch you are considering it’s your passion. The technology I’ve seen today is incredible, and I very much doubt you could retrofit any of it.

Young people won't speak with right wing tosser shocker.

I'm not having kids.
    Thankfully most people don't think, speak or behave like you. You sound like a one man doomsday cult with a level of depression I sincerely hope you get some help with. And I do mean that, you view here is absolutely extreme.

all linked up with climate change Liverpool are now looking at splitting the city into 13 neighbourhood zones basically saying they are following the directive of introducing a 15 minute city in a roundabout way . When Cardiff goes down this route to enslave us how would the council split the city into zones ?

maybe

East cardiff -incorporate Rumney ,Llanrumney , Trowbridge and St Mellons
    North East Cardiff - Llanederyn , Pentwyn , Pontprennau
    Central - Cathays ,Roath , Heath , Splott, Penylan and Adamsdown
    South - Bay , Docks and Grangetown
    West -Canton , Ely , Caerau Ely ,Fairwater and Pentrebane
    North - Llandaff , Radyr , Whitchurch , Rhiwbina , Thornhill ,Gabalfa ,Llanishen

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Does propaganda work? Absolutely!
    Yes, it's how the political right has managed to grow.

Thankfully most people don't think, speak or behave like you. You sound like a one man doomsday cult with a level of depression I sincerely hope you get some help with. And I do mean that, you view here is absolutely extreme.
    He's a cheerful soul isn't he. Doesn't like 'old' people though !

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I have been in Milan today and it was horrible. Too hot to sight see.

However I don't recognise those temperatures. Have a look at the Met Office app. Mid 30s. It might get that hot but it isn't at the moment.

I'm not a climate change denier. I'm just very dubious about some of these claims.
    There are loads of people backing up your observations in this Twitter thread below, and I should have my own detailed report soon from some Greek nationals who live outside of the big cities and grow their own crops, so they will know all about the weather over the past 30 years.

https://twitter.com/TiceRichard/stat...77UftB2Tfrg8YA

I'd even hazard a guess and say the people who are losing their minds over the weather are the same ones who fell for the Russia collusion hoax, not to mention 15 days to flatten the curve, safe & effective, and Boris's many schemes to save Christmas. Of course, all of these came courtesy of the behavioural change "nudge" unit who could make you believe in Santa Claus if they wanted too! Some broadcasters were even telling you what they were going to do ...

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/beh...by-tv-says-sky

I wonder how much carbon this website uses on it's hosting server ?
    Just think every thread / page added has a carbon cost associated with it.

PS - it may come as a shock - but here is something Welsh Gov do do well - when companies bid for Welsh Gov work - they need to prove their carbon credentials - and one of thos eis website hosting on carbon friendly / neutral servers.

Every little helps

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Re: Are bank runs and financial contagion incoming?
    I would hope so, as I posted multiple warnings in the 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset thread, and I wouldn't want to be known as a "conspiracy theorist", so yeah, the bigger the crash the better as far as I am concerned!