+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inflation drops again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Inflation drops again

Going in the right direction thank god.

Cheapest fuel I've see for both petrol and diesel is is £1.39 @ Texaco on the road between Bridgend and Porthcawl , next best appears to be Asda at Coryton

Ovo have just dropped my standing order for Electricity by £30 bucks a month .

Something is happening ?

Still need to rein in the Supermarkets and Fuel sellers

Re: Inflation drops again

That means things are going up slightly less than they were. Party time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Cheapest fuel I've see for both petrol and diesel is is £1.39 @ Texaco on the road between Bridgend and Porthcawl , next best appears to be Asda at Coryton

Something is happening ?

Was always going to happen, just took a few months longer than expected, good news all the same.

It just means that some of last year's whopping increases are now "in the baseline".

eg
    If something doubled in price last year, that is 100% inflation.
    The price has stayed the same until now, but has just gone up by a tenth...

Whoopee" inflation is down to 10%!

But things are still more expensive.

This is a very useful barometer of prices for fuel , https://petrolmap.co.uk/account

I just adjusted my life in terms of expenditure to mitigate the impact and that has worked well , cut out wasteful buying of luxury or stupid goods, drove slower , better controls around gas and electricity use , shopped by best value across all the supermarket's instead of just going to one , drank less , looked for better holiday breaks , cut my TV Subscriptions .

Feel i have mitigated the impact ..

Only because people aren’t paying so much for gas and electricity right now…..it’s summer

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Only because people aren’t paying so much for gas and electricity right now…..it’s summer
    No the wholesale price dropped .

Never will we see where it was a few years ago though. Like petrol when it shoots up before slowly coming back down. They'll tell you it's falling and you should be happy, forgetting of course it's not really the case.

Still, if they didn't make billions of pounds in profit every few months they'd get very upset I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    Never will we see where it was a few years ago though. Like petrol when it shoots up before slowly coming back down. They'll tell you it's falling and you should be happy, forgetting of course it's not really the case.

Still, if they didn't make billions of pounds in profit every few months they'd get very upset I'm sure
    What rankles me is the price at the pumps differing I drove past 4 Texaco garages and the price ranged form £1.39 to £149 and they boast about a " proud to be in Wales " factor, it pushes out of one of the biggest refineries in Europe 270,000 barrels a day , employs a few thousand folk .. a standard lowest price for us in South Wales please , hey Mr Drakeford please have a word with them at the next hospitality event .

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post

Sadly there will always be the same dopey ****ers who fall for it every time.

Seen a 3 bed house go up for rent in Merthyr yesterday £900 per month. New build but nothing special, small and located on a very busy road about 3 miles from town centre. People blinded by the fact it had a new cheap kitchen and brand new carpets. Someone from Cardiff “This is a steal, that would be £1400 where I live”. Nevermind that 4/5 years ago the rent for 3 beds was around 4/500 a month and has practically doubled in that time.

This so called “Levelling up” with London and SE message seems to have got confused somewhere along the way. Costs seem to be levelling up but not wages!!

It’s a race to the bottom

Yeah because no one is using gas right now…..

This is a very useful barometer of prices for fuel , https://petrolmap.co.uk/account

I just adjusted my life in terms of expenditure to mitigate the impact and that has worked well , cut out wasteful buying of luxury or stupid goods, drove slower , better controls around gas and electricity use , shopped by best value across all the supermarket's instead of just going to one , drank less , looked for better holiday breaks , cut my TV Subscriptions .

Feel i have mitigated the impact ..
    And that's "working well" in your book? Life is less comfortable and convenient?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And that's "working well" in your book? Life is less comfortable and convenient?
    I know my children have sought help and I have stepped up .

Noticed Mortgage rates slight dropped as well for the first time in months .

Buy hey ,get ready, as wheat is going to rocket up and Putin is once again threatening the worlds grain supply vessels .

I know my children have sought help and I have stepped up .

Noticed Mortgage rates slight dropped as well for the first time in months .

Buy hey ,get ready, as wheat is going to rocket up and Putin is once again threatening the worlds grain supply vessels .
    Mortgage rates changing aren't going to have much impact on the majority of people, unless they're buying or are at the end of their locked in period.

Dopey kent

I couldn't give a monkeys about petrol prices as i don't have a car.
    Food is still more expensive rents have shot up.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The food you buy needs to be transported by vehicles using fuel.
    rents have gone up - as most landlords are trying to get out the market asap. Less supply - same demand - price goes up.
    Landlords (as I have recently discovered) seem to be happy with a 5% interest rate in a savings account compared to 6-7% yield on a property and have all the extra hassle of repairs / non payments / unable to get non payers out etc.

There is a lot to be said for a safe and steady economy and growth - since covid / ukraine the waters have been somewhat choppy

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The food you buy needs to be transported by vehicles using fuel.
    rents have gone up - as most landlords are trying to get out the market asap. Less supply - same demand - price goes up.
    Landlords (as I have recently discovered) seem to be happy with a 5% interest rate in a savings account compared to 6-7% yield on a property and have all the extra hassle of repairs / non payments / unable to get non payers out etc.

There is a lot to be said for a safe and steady economy and growth - since covid / ukraine the waters have been somewhat choppy
    And they weren’t exactly calm before Covid/Ukraine. As someone who saw my works pension for this month eaten up by bills in three days, I certainly want inflation down, but it comes to something when an inflation rate of 7:9 is seen as a cause for celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And they weren’t exactly calm before Covid/Ukraine. As someone who saw my works pension for this month eaten up by bills in three days, I certainly want inflation down, but it comes to something when an inflation rate of 7:9 is seen as a cause for celebration.
    Do you get a state pension ? - if so the triple lock (I think that's what it is called) went up with the rate of inflation ?

If you have a private pension - then your pension fund is no doubt invested in lots of companies, shares, guilds, as well as a whole of other places.

If you are self employed - then sometimes you have good years and sometimes you have bad years - and the money you make depends on the market rate.

The problem most countries have is that inflationary problems re Ukraine are out of our control, same goes for Russian oil.

Would people would accept a payrise when inflation is high and when it comes back down again - they take a pay cut ?

Do you get a state pension ? - if so the triple lock (I think that's what it is called) went up with the rate of inflation ?

If you have a private pension - then your pension fund is no doubt invested in lots of companies, shares, guilds, as well as a whole of other places.

If you are self employed - then sometimes you have good years and sometimes you have bad years - and the money you make depends on the market rate.

The problem most countries have is that inflationary problems re Ukraine are out of our control, same goes for Russian oil.

Would people would accept a payrise when inflation is high and when it comes back down again - they take a pay cut ?
    I’ll get my four weekly state pension on Wednesday and I get my works pension, which is slightly more than the state pension, on the 17th of each month. So, my works pension was paid into my bank account on Monday and I’ve had to take money out of my savings to stop my bank account going into the red on Thursday. Now, a fair portion of my work pension goes straight into my savings, but it’s never all disappeared within three days before and I have had no exceptional payments to make this month.

The terrifying thing is, lots of voters (especially those in the dailymail comments section) think this is how inflation works.

Gladly go back to my salary equivalent from 1975 if prices of everything did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    And i couldn't give a monkeys about rent. I own my own house.

Something is happening ?

No no and no - lots on this board wanted inflation to go up - so they could blame the govt. Good news is not what this board strives on. Remember folks there is a lot of hate out there on this board - and it needs as much fuel and negativity as it can possibly get.