+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Inflation drops again

Re: Inflation drops again

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I love Pillars, it's like walking into 1986.
    It cant be still open ? ? ? I bet I was in there in 1986

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yup, still open, and it hasn't changed a bit. Still that funny smell, prawn cocktail and massive slabs of corned beef hash

And it was there in 1986. Any teenage girl worth their salt had a saturday job in Pillars.

Yup, still open, and it hasn't changed a bit. Still that funny smell, prawn cocktail and massive slabs of corned beef hash
    And it was there in 1986. Any teenage girl worth their salt had a saturday job in Pillars.
    it was always out last day of the summer school holidays treat, Friday we would get the bus from Barry and walk around a bit, look in the shops, then lunch as pillars, Chicken curry and rice was always my meal, it used to have sultana's in ( which I hated ) , I left school in 89, so we must have gone and done it for the previous 6 or 7 years

I might treat the kids when we next come upto Cardiff

just looked at the website, it really hasn't changed a bit , the prices are very cheap, Two Meals for £11.99, maybe the website is from 10 years ago aswell

£4.90 Menu
    All Served with French Fries
    Quarter Pounder Beef Burger
    Grilled Sausage
    Chicken Bacon Burger
    Vegetarian Burger
    The Full Monty Bap (Bacon, Sausage, Egg)

it was always out last day of the summer school holidays treat, Friday we would get the bus from Barry and walk around a bit, look in the shops, then lunch as pillars, Chicken curry and rice was always my meal, it used to have sultana's in ( which I hated ) , I left school in 89, so we must have gone and done it for the previous 6 or 7 years

I might treat the kids when we next come upto Cardiff

just looked at the website, it really hasn't changed a bit , the prices are very cheap, Two Meals for £11.99, maybe the website is from 10 years ago aswell

£4.90 Menu
    All Served with French Fries
    Quarter Pounder Beef Burger
    Grilled Sausage
    Chicken Bacon Burger
    Vegetarian Burger
    The Full Monty Bap (Bacon, Sausage, Egg)
    Get yourself there matt, take the kids and missus, i might meet you there, old times sake I left school in 89 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely agree. I hate the concept of tipping and never tip. When was the last time you saw someone tip a roadsweeper? People should be paid much more and on an equal basis.
    Instead of tipping for services rendered or indeed paying them the going rate, why don't we really show our appreciation by clapping them instead?

I think we've all missed a trick here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Instead of tipping for services rendered or indeed paying them the going rate, why don't we really show our appreciation by clapping them instead?

Get those saucepans out

Thank god even though inflation is high folk are out and about and spending , big sales in retail, hospitality high , fiver a pint not putting folk off , holidays booming , 11% boom in car sales . Concerts ramned even though there 50 bucks upwards .. ??

Media /opposition driven bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The way it should be.
    Totally agree and pay more for one's food and drink to sustain the hospitality industry, We can't have it all ways ..jobs and high wages = higher prices ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

This is why I hate Tories

All out there with their fake praise for the nurses , carers etc during the covid crisis

As soon as its over ......feck em , not paying them , workshy bastards

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thank god even though inflation is high folk are out and about and spending , big sales in retail, hospitality high , fiver a pint not putting folk off , holidays booming , 11% boom in car sales . Concerts ramned even though there 50 bucks upwards .. ??

Fiver a pint not putting people off??? Town is busy on weekends because all the pubs in the suburbs are disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Fiver a pint not putting people off??? Town is busy on weekends because all the pubs in the suburbs are disappearing.

Is inflation dropping the reason this board is going down