+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut reveals how many more transfers are coming at Cardiff City as duo set for moves

Re: Erol Bulut reveals how many more transfers are coming at Cardiff City as duo set for moves

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    But both, (admittedly in extremely few games) have put in MOTM performances during their tenure.

The lack of consistency is why they need to go.

When was the last time ojo was motm? Sawyers had a few really good performances last season but not ojo

International

Re: Erol Bulut reveals how many more transfers are coming at Cardiff City as duo set for moves

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is one of the key things for me. Too many touches too often, appearing indecisive and aimless.

I said in an earlier post professional footballers need natural ability, and attitude if they haven't got enough of one or the other they won't make it at a high level.

I could have expanded both to include football intelligence as part of the ability and mental strength as part of the attitude.

Ramsey has the lot that's why he got to the top, Sawyers and Ojo are lacking in some areas, that's why on their day they can be great, but other days they are rubbish.

You can coach players to an extent but if they are lacking in any area you will get inconsistency, Colwill is the same so far but may have time to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I find the faith shown in Ojo by five different City managers in the last year or so baffling given how little he's shown compared to his previous stay with us (he wasn't that good then either).
    I've read the article earlier, and have re-read it after reading this thread. Are we sure that is what Bulut is saying?

Davies and Watters are getting League 1 moves, that is good. I'd be amazed if Tanner, Evans etc would get them. Ojo was been widely linked with Gillingham. To get players out, people have got to want to take them. Harris would want Ojo but would Ojo want to go to League 2. If he cocks that up, that might be him done.

I think Ojo can play but last season his confidence went. He never should have been brought back but he is a good footballer. He is ineffective though and doesn't work hard enough. He can do things, the performance at home vs Leeds showed that. He winds me up.

I am pretty sure he will go, as will Tanner and Evans. I might have missed something on WalesOnline's cluster**** of a website but I think people are reading too much into this.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That fence is getting mighty high
    It's not. Look at Watters, we can easily say that he's crap, but he didn't get to the level of Professional football by being crap. He isn't good enough at Championship level, and it's probably because more is expected of him, like dropping in, moving across the defensive line and showing intelligence that he simply doesn't possess at championship level. That doesn't make him crap. At League 1 level he doesn't really have to do those things, less expectation, so he can just knock about up front and do what he's half decent at, at that level, and score a few goals.

There's a poster on here who seems to think that average to poor players will up their game and improve when they play with better players, the poster in question has a thing for Ethan Ampadu. He couldn't be more wrong. The expectation becomes higher, less mistakes, more intelligence is required, players like watters, Olo, Harris end up being exposed because of that. It's not because they're completely shit at football, in many cases they're comparable, they just don't possess the intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You could interchange Sawyers for Ojo in most of these posts. Flatters to deceive, minimal contribution, end result same as Ono.
    And mark Harris as well

Harris is gone and people still love bashing him. Absolutely bizarre. And FWIW he's got the exact opposite problem of Sawyers and Ojo, in that he never had the quality to be around a Prem squad but ran his heart out and gave everything for the team every time he was out there.

I can accept that there are limitations in Ojo's game, but I can't stand the fact that 98% of the time he looks like he doesn't give a shite out there. He's not limited physically, he just wanders in and out of games when he feels like it. Sawyers game is not about pace and he's getting on a bit, Ojo has none of those excuses. He's a pacy winger/attacking player who doesn't fecking run except when he's got the ball at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I've read the article earlier, and have re-read it after reading this thread. Are we sure that is what Bulut is saying?

Davies and Watters are getting League 1 moves, that is good. I'd be amazed if Tanner, Evans etc would get them. Ojo was been widely linked with Gillingham. To get players out, people have got to want to take them. Harris would want Ojo but would Ojo want to go to League 2. If he cocks that up, that might be him done.

I think Ojo can play but last season his confidence went. He never should have been brought back but he is a good footballer. He is ineffective though and doesn't work hard enough. He can do things, the performance at home vs Leeds showed that. He winds me up.

I am pretty sure he will go, as will Tanner and Evans. I might have missed something on WalesOnline's cluster**** of a website but I think people are reading too much into this.
    Good post. As are Tuerto’s.

I have no hope (any more) that Ojo will fulfill his obvious potential. His poor decision making and lack of drive will stop that and undermine his better attributes. If Bulut finds a way of making a nonsense out of that view, he is really a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I said in an earlier post professional footballers need natural ability, and attitude if they haven't got enough of one or the other they won't make it at a high level.

I could have expanded both to include football intelligence as part of the ability and mental strength as part of the attitude.

Ramsey has the lot that's why he got to the top, Sawyers and Ojo are lacking in some areas, that's why on their day they can be great, but other days they are rubbish.

You can coach players to an extent but if they are lacking in any area you will get inconsistency, Colwill is the same so far but may have time to get it right.
    In his prime Romaine Sawyers was one of the best players in the Championship - absolute quality and not one that produced ‘on their day’ performances. But he has aged and slowed. He still has the skill and intelligence to make an impact, but it is hard to see him allowed to play in a role or position that would showcase his talent. Bulut has a way of playing that has no room for a Sawyers. Certainly not in a 10. He could possibly do the quarterback job alongside Wintle, but there are now better options in the squad if that’s what the manager wants.