+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: FC PORTO 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FC PORTO v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Was Allsop to blame for any of their goals tonight?
    No.

Re: FT: FC PORTO 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Highlights are up. Just seen that Ramsey / Grant link up play where he hit the post and now my wife is pregnant.

Jesus. These goals really were gifts.

Bulut probably learnt more about his squad yesterday than in all of the other friendlies put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Highlights are up. Just seen that Ramsey / Grant link up play where he hit the post and now my wife is pregnant.

Weekly review 22 July 2023 – City, cause for optimism or more of the same?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Been quiet on here recently...am a bit 'out in the sticks' until end August, with a not very good internet connection, so have not been able to watch any of the friendlies. Took me 40 minutes to watch 20 minutes highlights this morning on the Club website....!!! May not be able to track down streams until I get back home start of September.....

First of all, I like the new second kit, looks very classy, - I also though it looked nicer just numbers on the back-although I know that will change...
    As for the game itself, I thought we played well in the first half, the decision making in the final third letting us down.
    1st goal - thought Goutras should have got that clear - he would be disappointed I think.
    2nd goal - agree that McGuinness was fouled and VAR should have ruled it out.
    3rd goal - Goutras again initially should have got that clear, before NG's clearance efforts and the handball....which was right decision as they go these days as his arm was out.
    4th goal - well the least said about the better.

Overall, some good performances, and I like Goutras despite the above. Lovely inside ball from Ramsey just before the return to him and hitting the post.
    Bit more optimistic of the season ahead....

As for the club commentary....who on earth was the second commentator!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Been quiet on here hi recently...am a bit 'out in the sticks' until end August, with a not very good internet connection, so have not been able to watch any of the friendlies. Took me 40 minutes to watch 20 minutes highlights this morning on the Club website....!!! May not be able to track down streams until I get back home start of September.....

First of all, I like the new second kit, looks very classy, - I also though it looked nicer just numbers on the back-although I know that will change...
    As for the game itself, I thought we played well in the first half, the decision making in the final third letting us down.
    1st goal - thought Goutras should have got that clear - he would be disappointed I think.
    3rd goal - Goutras again initially should have got that clear, before NG's clearance efforts and the handball....which was right decision as they go these days as his arm was out.

Overall, some good performances, and I like Goutras despite the above. Lovely inside ball from Ramsey just before the return to him and hitting the post.

Jack Alnwick: my goodness didn't he speak wholly in platitudes and waffle on?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Been quiet on here recently...am a bit 'out in the sticks' until end August, with a not very good internet connection, so have not been able to watch any of the friendlies. Took me 40 minutes to watch 20 minutes highlights this morning on the Club website....!!! May not be able to track down streams until I get back home start of September.....

I actually thought Goutas did well to recover and get the block in for the 1st goal. And was just unfortunate the ball rolled back into the path to their striker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Bulut probably learnt more about his squad yesterday than in all of the other friendlies put together.
    Hopefully, one of the things learned was:
    We don't have the players to play it out from the back. DONT DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Hopefully, one of the things learned was:
    We don't have the players to play it out from the back. DONT DO IT!
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I actually thought Goutas did well to recover and get the block in for the 1st goal. And was just unfortunate the ball rolled back into the path to their striker.
    Me too. The fault for the first goal lies with McGuinness, he was too lackadaisical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Me too. The fault for the first goal lies with McGuinness, he was too lackadaisical.
    To square on and flat footed, which is a feature of his. Should have been sideways on, that way he can react better to the pass and the movement of the player, Shit defending, not switched on.

I'd rather give credit to incisive passing with the first goal, but McGuinness did not have his best game (should have done better with the penalty). Don't think Goutas has done too badly so far - he's a different type of player to Kipre who I'd love to see back here for the new season, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.