+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ~700 ST sold in the last 4 days

Re: ~700 ST sold in the last 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Exactly

Now either dalman was a bit daft in predicting those sort of sales or this club will never be as big as we would all love it to be

I don't think Coventry are a bigger club than us or indeed Bolton but the numbers sold suggest they are
    Dalman in saying something stupid shocker.

Re: ~700 ST sold in the last 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would just like to point out that I didn't start this thread, nor am I the only person who has commented in it who has been sceptical about the lower sales figures being mentioned by some posters and representatives of the club. I still find it hard to believe that City have only sold about 900 season tickets since June 22nd, after which a number of new players have been brought in, including Aaron Ramsey. However reading above what people ‘in the know’ have said it appears that the club season ticket portal on the website may actually really be a plan of the ticket sales for the QPR game. I find it rather strange that the club have done this and haven't found a way to differentiate between tickets available for that game and season ticket availability generally. This could undoubtedly deter some season ticket sales, as people look at where they would like to sit on the plan and it shows hardly any availability in the Canton end and limited in the Ninian stand centre blocks. They are pushing a button on the site that says ‘season tickets’. If the site put seats that had only been sold for one or a couple of games in a different colour with a legend asking them to contact the ticket office for further details of availability for the rest of the season, then surely that would help and give people hope that they could sit where they wanted for the majority of the season. The good news is that it looks like we have already sold nearly 16000 seats for the QPR game (in season tickets and one time buys) so with further sales in the next two weeks plus walk up, we will hopefully be getting 20000+ on the day.
    I would still like to know why some posters are so ‘down’ on the support the club gets. To me it is fantastic bearing in mind everything that is going on in the country. Our average ticket sales/gate last season was 19500 at a time when the team struggled and I am convinced it will go up again this season.
    Simple...online ticket sales for home matches show tickets available for a particular match. If that seat is sold as a one-off it has to be greyed out as it is no longer available. Seats can't be double sold. After the match it will re-appear as available for ST purchase or one off. Otherwise you would end up with two people claiming the same seat. No way round that issue.