+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just stop oil

Re: Just stop oil

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Best of health to your Mam But should that scenario happen, bang goes your clean record at 64 years of age.
    So tough luck if somebody misses their appointment and dies because of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I look at this way, I take my elderly 88 year old mother to a lot of hospital and doctors appointments etc etc. etc. If these muppets stopped me in any way shape or form for getting her to an appointment on time, then yes, I probably would get out of the car and 'crack jaws'. I'm 64 years old and not prone to violence and haven't a criminal record in any way shape or form. However, these brain dead imbeciles have got to realise that they are doing far more harm to people than good. Even normally placid people like myself can raise to anger if provoked. And these fascists sure know how to provoke.
    you would physically assault someone if they made you and your mother late for a doctor's appointment?

does that just apply to Just stop oil, or would it apply to people who stall their car at the lights or people who take too long in the queue at Gregg's too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    does that just apply to Just stop oil, or would it apply to people who stall their car at the lights or people who take too long in the queue at Gregg's too?
    What a ridiculous comparison, in both of those examples the outcome is not premeditated.

The reason why this chap attacked this Just Stop Oil Fascist:

A Just Stop Oil activist was punched to the floor by the partner of a pregnant woman after a car crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gewhsJ8HHEI
    The accident was caused by the vehicle trying to change lanes and was hit by another car, nothing to do with protesters, just poor observation by the driver. He then took it out on the protester, just a simple street thug who cannot control his temper.

Just remember folks that the suffragettes were treated exactly the same during the their protests, They were assalted in the streets by bystanders, beaten up by the police, jailed and forced feed when on hunger strike. Today they are treated as heroes.

They were protesting for the right for women to vote. JSO are protestesting against the oil companies denial of global warning and their efforts to keep it off the agenda by spending vast fortunes on climate denial. You may not like their methods but at least they have the balls to stand up for what they believe in. I think in the future people will look back and elevate them to the same level as the suffragettes.

Some of the mental gymnastics in this thread would surely win a gold medal at the Olympics

Best of health to your Mam But should that scenario happen, bang goes your clean record at 64 years of age.
    or your foot could accidentally slip on the accelerator............

The most striking thing about Just Stop Oil is that the public don't support them. They aren't achieving what they set out to do. Pissing people off is not winning them around, and that is really important to do as the wider topic is critical

The most ironic thing about Just Stop Oil is we did the planet would grind to halt as oil supports millions of mechanisms and manufacturers, without it we'd walk around naked, not have appliances, books , newspapers, basically nothing as manufacturers would grind to halt .

Just For Oil are just another politcal financed group created to cause turmoil.

Sadly they are as poster above rightly states damaged a decent protest and concern, as with most things of this size sensibility and planning is needed, not action that puts peoples lives and jobs at risk .

I look at this way, I take my elderly 88 year old mother to a lot of hospital and doctors appointments etc etc. etc. If these muppets stopped me in any way shape or form for getting her to an appointment on time, then yes, I probably would get out of the car and 'crack jaws'. I'm 64 years old and not prone to violence and haven't a criminal record in any way shape or form. However, these brain dead imbeciles have got to realise that they are doing far more harm to people than good. Even normally placid people like myself can raise to anger if provoked. And these fascists sure know how to provoke.
    Depending on the circumstances I can understand and in some cases sympathise with people angry and frustrated with Just Stop Oil protests - especially if the inconvenience slips into something more serious.

But please don’t call them fascists. They aren’t fascists. The term fascist should always be used to describe a particular set of beliefs and behaviours, not used as a casual insult - however annoyed you are. There are real fascists out there - a lot of them - and they make JSO protestors look like a Barbie Hen Party (with the politics to match).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The most striking thing about Just Stop Oil is that the public don't support them. They aren't achieving what they set out to do. Pissing people off is not winning them around, and that is really important to do as the wider topic is critical
    There has been instances of protesters being picked up and placed on the pavement or even carried off a sport’s pitch, I would say that that’s a touch more acceptable than clubbing a person to the deck then sticking the boot into them.

That is your opinion. From casual observation 7 out of 10 people in this country are either extremely clever or totally feckin stupid. The good news is we are going to find out soon enough, but if the 7 out of 10 turn out to be the ones who are totally feckin stupid, the damage done will be irreversible.

Everything people are saying about Just Stop Oil the same was said about the civil rights movement, the suffragettes and basically anyone who protested for any sort of improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The most ironic thing about Just Stop Oil is we did the planet would grind to halt as oil supports millions of mechanisms and manufacturers, without it we'd walk around naked, not have appliances, books , newspapers, basically nothing as manufacturers would grind to halt .

Just For Oil are just another politcal financed group created to cause turmoil.

Sadly they are as poster above rightly states damaged a decent protest and concern, as with most things of this size sensibility and planning is needed, not action that puts peoples lives and jobs at risk .
    Walking around naked is wonderful, you should try it and let it all hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Everything people are saying about Just Stop Oil the same was said about the civil rights movement, the suffragettes and basically anyone who protested for any sort of improvement.
    No it isn't. And those protests were for the right to vote and for the right not to be discriminated against because you were born black. Totally different scenarios

First Team

No it isn't. And those protests were for the right to vote and for the right not to be discriminated against because you were born black. Totally different scenarios
    Jimbo, they are both protest groups.

Is Keyser Size your cousin? She/he/they appear to be a more educated, erudite version of you.

International

I would love to revisit this thread if they blocked all the Railway lines and roads into stadiums, and then chained themselves to the turnstiles so people couldn't even walk in, for the season's 10 home and away games.

There has been instances of protesters being picked up and placed on the pavement or even carried off a sport’s pitch, I would say that that’s a touch more acceptable than clubbing a person to the deck then sticking the boot into them.
    I remember a couple of years ago some other green-related protesters sat down on the M6 and delayed traffic for a few hours. People missed planes, children missed their family holidays, people missed hospital appointments. But the saddest was a lady whose father was dying in hospital and she had been called by the nurse that he didn't have long. She was rushing up north to see him before he died. Suffice to say she didn't make it but would have done so without the 'protesters' stopping traffic.
    These are selfish, arrogant upper class twats. If I were in front of the traffic I wouldn't have given them a kicking, I'd have drive over them..

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I would love to revisit this thread if they blocked all the Railway lines and roads into stadiums, and then chained themselves to the turnstiles so people couldn't even walk in, for the season's 10 home and away games.
    Luckily there’s 23 home and away games

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Jimbo, they are both protest groups.

Is Keyser Size your cousin? She/he/they appear to be a more educated, erudite version of you.
    They are, but going about it in very different ways, and fighting for very different causes. In the first two cases they are in effect fighting for the right to process.

In Just Stop Oil's case, they have that right but they don't use it. They think they can just disrupt everyone's lives anyway. Probably because mummy or daddy never said no to them growing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    That's not actually true. Let's say you have two groups, Group A which consists of 7 out of every 10 people who think they are right, and Group B which consists of 3 out of every 10 people who think they are right

If a real or imagined disaster appeared on the horizon, and Group A consent to a particular course of action by virtue of being the majority, then both Group A and Group B will be hoping that Group A is right and Group B is wrong. But if Group A is wrong and it was actually an imagined disaster, it would make no difference if Group B was right because it would be too late to stop the hugely negative consequences of blindly following Group A.

In essence, what I am saying is you need to have a very robust debate between Group A and Group B before making any decisions that could result in a catastrophic consequence for mankind, i.e. what would happen if Group B are right and Group A are wrong?

Let them block railway lines.
    I'm sure train drivers will be able to bring ther trains to a halt in time

In hindsight, the last two home games against the Jack's would've been welcome.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    In hindsight, the last two home games against the Jack's would've been welcome.
    I was thinking that

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Luckily there’s 23 home and away games
    yes I missed out on the FIRST ten .................

There wouldn't be any protesters left after ten games.

The point being a lot of people with sympathy for them wouldn't be as sympathetic if they were affected and it stopped them doing what they wanted or needed to do.