+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley

Burnley

Interesting (and brave?) signing from them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66262753

Re: Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Interesting (and brave?) signing from them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66262753
    It would have been very embarrassing for the lad if he'd stayed at Man City for years and became Old Trafford.

Definitely a brave signing... young keepers are always a gamble, it didn't really pay off for Southampton the last time somebody took a gamble on one of City's highly rated youth team keepers. Big jump from being on loan in the lower leagues and starring at the U21's to playing every week in the Prem.

I like the other signing they made this week far more, Amdouni is already a quality player who has scored everywhere he's been, I can see him making a jump to a bigger club at some point.

Vincent Kompany is destined for the very top. Totally dedicated to his job, meticulous and thorough. First in and last out, often working extremely late, planning, working on tactics, playing styles etc. He’s going to be about for years at the highest level.

78 League One appearances under his belt at the age of 20. Pretty impressive.

He’s Englands next long term keeper, don’t think it’s much of a risk & surprised that Citeh let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He’s Englands next long term keeper, don’t think it’s much of a risk & surprised that Citeh let him go.
    They’ve got a buy back clause, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And, perhaps, he’ll conveniently go back to Manchester City with Vincent Kompany and a bit of Premier League experience.

Win win for City, he flops they have a good price, if he does well they take him back.

Makes sense. Did we have one for Rambo?

They have indeed got a buy back clause from what I’ve read. Having watched this boy in the U21 competition recently, he would seem to fit Kompany requirements. Full of confidence, and is comfortable playing out from the back. That’s the way Kompany likes his team to play.A good signing, which could go a long way to them staying up.