+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WBA Forum ... Nothing nice to say about KG

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

WBA Forum ... Nothing nice to say about KG

88 pages (read from 85)

https://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=24897.2050

Hopefully he'll prove his doubters wrong.

One Baggies fan says "Are Cardiff our new Stoke??"

Re: WBA Forum ... Nothing nice to say about KG

That’s consistent with the comments & texts I got from my ex colleagues.

Lazy, disinterested, pulls out of 50:50, not a team player, when I read their comments & their gripes about a waste of £12m, Josh Murphy immediately came to mind.

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt. One guy on Reddit was saying he was poor cause he "only" scored 13 goals in one of his seasons.

They paid big money for him on a long term contract, so I imagine they have/had very high expectations.

Some querying why they’ve let six go and brought nobody in, loved the comment, ‘We thought they were clearing the decks for upgrades, but no, they were just clearing the decks’.

I’ve been really surprised by the comments from West Brom fans that I’ve seen on Facebook. Considering the goals he’s scored at this level, I thought the reaction would be mixed, but the comments about him were 100% negative. Not a single fan seemed sorry to see him go.

Looks a decent signing to me, better than I expected from City this summer, but he clearly didn’t enamour himself to Albion’s fanbase.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    88 pages (read from 85)

They said the same about Kipre, hopefully he will prove them wrong.

International

88 pages (read from 85)

They've spurred him on!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-year-27361431

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They said the same about Kipre, hopefully he will prove them wrong.
    Did they? Pretty sure the reaction to him going was far more mixed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did they? Pretty sure the reaction to him going was far more mixed.
    It was a while ago you're probably right, I did remember seeing negative reviews.

I think it was the fee for Grant, if you pay a hefty fee your expectations increase and it sounds from the interview he wasn't happy there and his standards did drop. It also sounds like he wants to kick on so hopefully he will perform as well as Kipre did, I imagine he has talked to Kipre about the loan here and it sounds like his attitude is good.

I'm optimistic about him and O'Dowda on the left if that's where he does end up?

He scored 18 in his first season for them plus 6 assists.

88 pages (read from 85)

Got a mate who is a West Brom ST holder - they still havent forgiven us for that 8 million waste of space we sold them a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Got a mate who is a West Brom ST holder - they still havent forgiven us for that 8 million waste of space we sold them a few years back
    So £8m for Zohore. £12m for Grant. And both in reality are decent Championship strikers, but hardly Premiership class. Seems to me that the fans should direct their ire at their board, who seem to overpay for players. That is an issue with the buying process of their transfer activity: either a poor analysis process or crap decisions from managers in the absence of a good process.

If he did good he wouldn't be coming here on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If he did good he wouldn't be coming here on loan.
    Correct. Hes obviously flopped there and hasnt justified his fee.

We cant pay fees and are in a limited market. Grant has been successful at this level and I think potentially could prove a very good signing. Most of our signings will be gambles. Im happy with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ve been really surprised by the comments from West Brom fans that I’ve seen on Facebook. Considering the goals he’s scored at this level, I thought the reaction would be mixed, but the comments about him were 100% negative. Not a single fan seemed sorry to see him go.

Looks a decent signing to me, better than I expected from City this summer, but he clearly didn’t enamour himself to Albion’s fanbase.
    Social media fans seem to be on a different level of nuts. I've largely stopped using Facebook but following a game in progress was something else. If we go a goal down the level of disaster and doom is at fever pitch, every single goal is through bad defending. If we are behind at half time then it's sack the board, sack the players and kill yourself ....
    Of course if we turn it around and snatch a late point or take all three the very same people are professing their undying love for the club and everything about it
    I suppose this forum is somewhere between that and reality, whatever that is. I was reading an article from a baseball writer recently who reminded readers that Twitter fans represent less than 10% of the active fanbase, yet people are sometimes hoodwinked into thinking it's a genuine measure of opinion.

It’s horses for courses. Players of Grants standard, will probably never set the Heather alight anywhere they play, but they will give you a decent return if they feel comfortable at a club and certain pieces fall into place.

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s horses for courses. Players of Grants standard, will probably never set the Heather alight anywhere they play, but they will give you a decent return if they feel comfortable at a club and certain pieces fall into place.
    WBA must have a decent squad if they can disregard players like Kipre, Grant, and Robinson.

Obviously, given the number of negative posts on the WBA forum regarding Grant, the following comments are taken out of context...

I think that allowing Grant to team up with Robinson, would be detrimental to us unless Cardiff are paying his full wages. That combination will score more goals than any two that we are likely to be able to put out.

and...

I never disliked Grant, play to his strengths and he's a 20 goal a season striker. Grady. Phillips, Dike, never have and never will IMO get 20 goals in a season

Let's hope, eh!

Feck em , we will judge how good he is .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Correct. Hes obviously flopped there and hasnt justified his fee.

We cant pay fees and are in a limited market. Grant has been successful at this level and I think potentially could prove a very good signing. Most of our signings will be gambles. Im happy with this one.
    Exactly, you cut your coat according to your cloth.

They still owe Huddersfield £8m for him.