+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muppet Show and Keir Mather

Muppet Show and Keir Mather

Just seen the 'kid' who was elected as the new Labour MP last night - well done to him. But his first speech was hi jacked by a puppet from the MRLP

Probably a bit too posh for Sludge - private school educated - went to Oxford and then work with Wes Streeting in Westminster. Looks like Blair's lookey / likey has started his journey

Re: Muppet Show and Keir Mather

Another Tory win

I'm surprised the Raving Loony Party bloke is allowed a prop up there to be honest, but there we go..

He is very young. Good luck to him. People often forget that once elections are over MPs have a hard job trying to help all of their constituents irrespective of how they voted and with a multitude of very different problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm surprised the Raving Loony Party bloke is allowed a prop up there to be honest, but there we go..

He is very young. Good luck to him. People often forget that once elections are over MPs have a hard job trying to help all of their constituents irrespective of how they voted and with a multitude of very different problems.
    That prop was Catmando. He's sacred.

If you take that image of the 25 year old - and you put a blue rosette on him instead. There are some people on here who would be first out the traps calling him Tory boy, scum, posh brat, vermin, filth, elite etc.
    Ironic the fact that he went to a fee paying independent school, went to Oxford, and then was given a job my a Labour party mate in Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    If you take that image of the 25 year old - and you put a blue rosette on him instead. There are some people on here who would be first out the traps calling him Tory boy, scum, posh brat, vermin, filth, elite etc.
    Ironic the fact that he went to a fee paying independent school, went to Oxford, and then was given a job my a Labour party mate in Westminster.
    Spot on.

I love these 'chip on my shoulder' posts. If you can't find someone to argue with, create them.

I don’t know if it is ironic, but it is a depressing example of the way UK politics is going - especially the Labour version.

It isn’t his age - a certain SNP MP who was elected at a younger age that him was a total breath of fresh air - but this looks like another example of an identikit, loyalist, made in Westminster candidate who has no existence outside the party’s cloning factory.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don’t know if it is ironic, but it is a depressing example of the way UK politics is going - especially the Labour version.

It isn’t his age - a certain SNP MP who was elected at a younger age that him was a total breath of fresh air - but this looks like another example of an identikit, loyalist, made in Westminster candidate who has no existence outside the party’s cloning factory.
    Not sure what i think about this but based on the rsole elders we have put up with for decades maybe it's a type of shake up that is needed.

Well when a 25 year old Tory overturns a 20,000 majority for another party to win a by election, you’ll get your answer won’t you. Until then, this thread just reads like desperate attention seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Not sure what i think about this but based on the rsole elders we have put up with for decades maybe it's a type of shake up that is needed.
    This ‘shake up’ has been going on for decades. But it shouldn’t be a choice between ‘arsehole elders’ and imported party clones with little real life experience. There should also be an option of local candidates with roots and experience - not necessarily (in Labour’s case) the traditional local council leader or trades union official. Local activists and people with knowledge, networks and track records are finding it harder and harder to get through centrally controlled selection processes.

There may be a case for a 25 year old Oxbridge graduate with experience of working for a shadow cabinet member and the CBI (and sod all else) to wear the rosette. He was at least born within 50 miles of the constituency and got a few significant trade union endorsements. But that is now the pattern, not the exception - and central control is at a level in Labour never seen before.

Pipster is really Johnny Mercer MP and I claim my £5

https://www.northumberlandgazette.co...s-said-4226757

It's a tricky one isn't it. The classic balance between youth and experience.

Personally I think it's great there are people in their 20s in parliament but I must admit it would make me less likely to vote for someone if they are very young

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well when a 25 year old Tory overturns a 20,000 majority for another party to win a by election, you’ll get your answer won’t you. Until then, this thread just reads like desperate attention seeking.
    Attention seeking..... - so you login - find this post and reply to it, I wasnt seeking attention Bob - I get lots of that at home - just pointing out a simple fact - had Keir Mather won a seat for the conservatives - there would be certain posters on here calling him scum and much worse.

Attention seeking..... - so you login - find this post and reply to it, I wasnt seeking attention Bob - I get lots of that at home - just pointing out a simple fact - had Keir Mather won a seat for the conservatives - there would be certain posters on here calling him scum and much worse.
    Bitter Tory alert. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bitter Tory alert. 🤣
    Don't be so harsh on him: his heroes are going to get eviscerated come the next GE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bitter Tory alert. 🤣
    He's right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Don't be so harsh on him: his heroes are going to get eviscerated come the next GE.
    Dorcus not Doucas tonight then ?

:) heroes - I dont think I have any political heroes - maybe Ghandi. Cant think of any latter day UK politicians I would put in the hero bracket.

ps it's a fool that tries to predict a GE election result this far out. Or even a few days before... my Dad was at this conference.

:) heroes - I dont think I have any political heroes - maybe Ghandi. Cant think of any latter day UK politicians I would put in the hero bracket.

ps it's a fool that tries to predict a GE election result this far out. Or even a few days before... my Dad was at this conference.
    I was there too - and in the hall it didn't sound odd at all. The problems came when it was played to 50 million people who were not in the hall, not willing a Labour victory, and coming totally cold to a clip of an event that had been building for hours.

Kinnock read the room but not the country.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was there too - and in the hall it didn't sound odd at all. The problems came when it was played to 50 million people who were not in the hall, not willing a Labour victory, and coming totally cold to a clip of an event that had been building for hours.

Kinnock read the room but not the country.
    The cult dynamic / vacuum chamber politics is one to easily get caught up in - my Dad did.
    He believed it all - probably no different to one of those US TV evangelists and then people just handing over their cash. I think someone told Kinnock he needed to act as if he was the prime minister already - and this was the plan.

But as often happens - you have a plan then you get a rude awakening when you meet the people who dont normally vote for you - and those are the ones you have to convince - rather than the converts already in the room.

You're way behind the times son. They call them psephologists, not fools these days. Didn't they teach you anything useful in Ely?

You're way behind the times son. They call them psephologists, not fools these days. Didn't they teach you anything useful in Ely?
    Is that your new word of the day you have learned - as you casually drop it into conversations to make yourself look intelligent.

ps - dont live in Ely - but have a few friends who do - do you have a problem with Ely perhaps ?

Is that your new word of the day you have learned - as you casually drop it into conversations to make yourself look intelligent.

ps - dont live in Ely - but have a few friends who do - do you have a problem with Ely perhaps ?
    No.Ive used it a myriad times before. Why would I want to make myself look intelligent Hip? I think that tells us all much more about your psyche than mine.

No problem with Ely at all but I have a problem with superficial mercenaries. By the way how's your partner getting on with her charity donations Hip?

No.Ive used it a myriad times before. Why would I want to make myself look intelligent Hip? I think that tells us all much more about your psyche than mine.

No problem with Ely at all but I have a problem with superficial mercenaries. By the way how's your partner getting on with her charity donations Hip?
    Ah I see - in your head you think Im Hipster - not much I can do about that - but if you want to keep fantasizing about it - then carry on.

Ah I see - in your head you think Im Hipster - not much I can do abouts that - but if you want to keep fantasizing about it - then carry on.
    And by the same token you continue to fantasize I'm Sludge or Doucas and equally there's not much I can do about that.