+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That strange lot down the M4

That strange lot down the M4

I’m not sure what to say about this….. https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-emerge...0bhFKBpzG0bnSo

Re: That strange lot down the M4

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I’m not sure what to say about this….. https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-emerge...0bhFKBpzG0bnSo
    LeGal TEndEr.

That said I think its a bad idea going cashless. But what a complete helmet that fella is.

lets go with 'not having a choice is a good thing' your betters have been doing it for years

Quite right for being angry. It's ridiculous there is no cash option. Football is inclusive and caters for all ages and as such they should cater for everyone.

Good on you mate....If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

International

Cash is King!

It's untraceable, especially if you want to keep it and not pay any tax to the government.

There are also lots of businesses that won't take cards.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Cash is King!

It's untraceable, especially if you want to keep it and not pay any tax to the government.

There are also lots of businesses that won't take cards.
    Sadly ,also some say 'cards only'. As a point of principle I think having the option to pay in cash should be law. For a large number of people using cash is a good way of staying within a budget. Also once the cash is in your hands it can't be cloned, your transaction is personal and private, and you only spend what you're holding..

I wouldn't like to meet him after he's been drinking for ten hours before the Cardiff - Swans derby in Sept, but he is absolutely right.

We should all strongly oppose a cashless society. It is an enormous power grab that basically introduces a middle man (a big financial company) to take a cut of every fkn transaction. If cash disappeared you can guarantee that cut of the fee would increase.

Think of the cashless bars you know - they are always the expensive places.

Banks are absolute bastards and we give them more power at our peril.

Also, if you are a disadvantaged group it disproportionately impacts you, most striking of all being women in controlling relationships, for whom cashless places are an absolute joy for the abuser.

Card obviously has its place but it's appalling that football clubs don't have the options to pay by cash and if they were half as inclusive as their social media accounts like to portray then they would have this option. I have purposely upped the cash I use in the last year. Easier to budget and keeps it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I wouldn't like to meet him after he's been drinking for ten hours before the Cardiff - Swans derby in Sept, but he is absolutely right.

We should all strongly oppose a cashless society. It is an enormous power grab that basically introduces a middle man (a big financial company) to take a cut of every fkn transaction. If cash disappeared you can guarantee that cut of the fee would increase.

Think of the cashless bars you know - they are always the expensive places.

Banks are absolute bastards and we give them more power at our peril.

Also, if you are a disadvantaged group it disproportionately impacts you, most striking of all being women in controlling relationships, for whom cashless places are an absolute joy for the abuser.

Card obviously has its place but it's appalling that football clubs don't have the options to pay by cash and if they were half as inclusive as their social media accounts like to portray then they would have this option. I have purposely upped the cash I use in the last year. Easier to budget and keeps it alive.
    I don’t understand why businesses are going down the card only route?

I get why it’s encouraged in pubs etc cos it stops people robbing from the til

But the Swansea City shop?

I guess they pay a fee to bank money, but Shirley less than the % on every transaction to visa/Mastercard?

He's got a point even if he isn't the most eloquent at getting it across.
    For a business that relies alot on kids, who save up pocket money to buy something from the shop, how are they meant to learn to manage money and budget if they can only use their parents card to buy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I don’t understand why businesses are going down the card only route?

I get why it’s encouraged in pubs etc cos it stops people robbing from the til

But the Swansea City shop?

I guess they pay a fee to bank money, but Shirley less than the % on every transaction to visa/Mastercard?
    I supposed a few things, stops people putting their fingers in the till. Then there is the time it takes someone to count it all up and reconcile it, then transport it to a bank etc.

I very rarely use cash, usually means me having to go to a cash machine first, it’s a right pain. I can see why some prefer it. I also find it so much easier to budget and plan using card.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I supposed a few things, stops people putting their fingers in the till. Then there is the time it takes someone to count it all up and reconcile it, then transport it to a bank etc.

I very rarely use cash, usually means me having to go to a cash machine first, it’s a right pain. I can see why some prefer it. I also find it so much easier to budget and plan using card.
    Yeah cash isn't cost free, but neither is card. Cash can save money when you pay suppliers etc with it too, so you aren't cashing it all.

It's more about who has control over the economy for me. It gives banks and govts unbelievable power in the future to exert control and cash is absolutely essential in that respect esp as I say to more marginalised groups.

I reckon I save £100 a month since purposely using cash more, although that is probably through just being more disciplined. It's never a hassle. Pop to the cash point near me and get £150 or so and it takes 30 seconds.

There has to be place for both and like I said, businesses that don't offer that really can't claim to be inclusive

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Yes and banks are closing all the branches so it would be hard even to find a bank open when you need them.

Convenient isn't it, close all the branches so business's and people resort to cards.

International

Yeah cash isn't cost free, but neither is card. Cash can save money when you pay suppliers etc with it too, so you aren't cashing it all.

It's more about who has control over the economy for me. It gives banks and govts unbelievable power in the future to exert control and cash is absolutely essential in that respect esp as I say to more marginalised groups.

I reckon I save £100 a month since purposely using cash more, although that is probably through just being more disciplined. It's never a hassle. Pop to the cash point near me and get £150 or so and it takes 30 seconds.

There has to be place for both and like I said, businesses that don't offer that really can't claim to be inclusive
    The Governments would prefer to cut the banks out completely, so a government virtual currency similar to Bitcoin is the long-term plan.

If they can stop the black economy they will get an extra tax stream that's the main issue for governments, stop the chip shops, Chinese takeaways, builders, hairdressers, and illegal traders tax avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes and banks are closing all the branches so it would be hard even to find a bank open when you need them.

Convenient isn't it, close all the branches so business's and people resort to cards.
    I popped to HSBC in Llanishen yesterday to print out some statements. Was only there five mins and there must have been half a dozen people come in. It closes next month.

It's a huge power grab and we lose.

International

I popped to HSBC in Llanishen yesterday to print out some statements. Was only there five mins and there must have been half a dozen people come in. It closes next month.

It's a huge power grab and we lose.
    Banks are for shareholders and profit not for customers, why have the overheads of an expensive building for people to come in and print of their statements or moan about their interest rates when they can open a call centre in India for peanuts?

Posters here have said that he has a good point. Well, what point is he trying to make ? He doesn't say. It is likely that he is just trying to defy a rule that he doesn't like because he can. He appears to be quite an intimidatory person who is prepared to be confrontational. Whoever is working behind he counter, who does not make the rules, will probably feel very uncomfortable.

I agree with the sentiment that card only is discriminatory but there is no indication that this person is carrying out this exercise based on high ideals. Probably just likes throwing ios weight around. After listening to a minute or so of his limited vocabulary it appears it's all the government's fault.

I was in holiday last year in Crete and some bloke clearly from the London area was moaning to a Greek supermarket owner that since switching his business to card only he was now paying 6k a year in tax extra.

Anyone paying or using cash to avoid tax avoidance is exactly the same as those abusing the benefit system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I was in holiday last year in Crete and some bloke clearly from the London area was moaning to a Greek supermarket owner that since switching his business to card only he was now paying 6k a year in tax extra.

Anyone paying or using cash to avoid tax avoidance is exactly the same as those abusing the benefit system.
    The poorest in society rely most on cash, esp to help tide them over. It's an absolutely critical piece of social infrastructure.

Tax avoidance is of course an issue, but the big wins there are in the huge multinational companies keeping money off shore..not trying to dismantle a cash system that keeps money flowing and is vital to those most vulnerable in society.

The poorest in society rely most on cash, esp to help tide them over. It's an absolutely critical piece of social infrastructure.

Tax avoidance is of course an issue, but the big wins there are in the huge multinational companies keeping money off shore..not trying to dismantle a cash system that keeps money flowing and is vital to those most vulnerable in society.
    I dont have any problem with this guys "protest" if hed gone in taken the product been polite and walked out.

If hes abused staff though then hes feckin idiot and deserves whatever Swansea dish out to him. The staff on probably minimum age have no control over it so why abuse them?

Id rather use card for just about everything. However I understand some need to use cash. Also some people still dont even have bank accounts for many reasons some of which the Government and banks response has been really poor.

Even if you disagree with the idea of going cashless not sure what acting the Charlie Big Balls to some random retail staff who are just trying to earn a wage is going to achieve?

It's funny if he gets a knock on his door from the plod for videoing himself lifting a shitty mug of all things, though.

I always use cash, it keeps a lid on my spending, I can only spend what’s in my pocket. Bit of useful advice for us cash users though, check your change, especially in busy pubs. Many staff struggle to add up or subtract, arithmetic has gone out of the window as they push the card reader towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Even if you disagree with the idea of going cashless not sure what acting the Charlie Big Balls to some random retail staff who are just trying to earn a wage is going to achieve?

It's funny if he gets a knock on his door from the plod for videoing himself lifting a shitty mug of all things, though.
    I’ve heard that he’s joining the ‘just stop oil’ protesters in this transfer window....whoops that’s another thread

The only places that only accept cash are

Turkish barbers, car washes and the supporters club where selling programmes outside

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont have any problem with this guys "protest" if hed gone in taken the product been polite and walked out.

If hes abused staff though then hes feckin idiot and deserves whatever Swansea dish out to him. The staff on probably minimum age have no control over it so why abuse them?

Id rather use card for just about everything. However I understand some need to use cash. Also some people still dont even have bank accounts for many reasons some of which the Government and banks response has been really poor.
    He stole the mug, they don't take cash and he didn't pay for it, it's like me going into Tesco with ten tomatoes and slamming them on the desk and walking out with four kit kats, and saying you should efin take them. Slam him in the cells for a few hours see if he's still as cocky then.