+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Them's the Rules

Them's the Rules

Is it possible to get a bit more clarity on what is deemed unacceptable on here going forward. Mike has rightly said we are all adults and he takes a liberal approach to things but that does not stop posts and posters disappearing. I don't mean the potentially libellous ones around celebrities and presenters recently but more mundane exchanges.

I notice a few pages on the Just Stop Oil thread disappeared. No issue with that if something strayed over boundaries but I for one have no idea who or why. Similarly people like Organ Morgan and Tito Fuente have banning orders but almost all posters have no idea why.

If we had a bit more transparency on what is considered acceptable or not or a clear interjection on what was deemed wrong when things are culled there might be less need for what looks like arbitrary steps in the future.

Re: Them's the Rules

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Is it possible to get a bit more clarity on what is deemed unacceptable on here going forward. Mike has rightly said we are all adults and he takes a liberal approach to things but that does not stop posts and posters disappearing. I don't mean the potentially libellous ones around celebrities and presenters recently but more mundane exchanges.

I notice a few pages on the Just Stop Oil thread disappeared. No issue with that if something strayed over boundaries but I for one have no idea who or why. Similarly people like Organ Morgan and Tito Fuente have banning orders but almost all posters have no idea why.

If we had a bit more transparency on what is considered acceptable or not or a clear interjection on what was deemed wrong when things are culled there might be less need for what looks like arbitrary steps in the future.
    Stop posting sense,you could be banned.

I'm more than happy with Mike and the Mod's judgement. Once you create what you think are clear dividing lines, those lines get smudged and some end up trying to push those boundaries. Then we get arguments about that. The decision of Mike and the Mods should be final. If some don't like it, then that's their issue.

I read another football board from time to time. And they have a section listing banned posters, how long they’re banned for and why.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm more than happy with Mike and the Mod's judgement. Once you create what you think are clear dividing lines, those lines get smudged and some end up trying to push those boundaries. Then we get arguments about that. The decision of Mike and the Mods should be final. If some don't like it, then that's their issue.
    I'd agree, they let most things go, and it's not easy to get posts removed or banned.

Politics is the biggest problem, stick it on the alternative, and most of us won't see it or get involved.

The golden rule in life should be don't discuss politics or religion.

[This post has been removed by the moderator at 21:59 for violation of CCMB rules]

There's certainly some really dodgy stuff on here from time to time, and the messageboard is dominated by a few posters who, lets be honest about it, repeat the same old shit day after day. It may be in the interests of the more prolific posters (and i include myself in this) by regulating themselves from time to time, by pissing off for a while because they repeat themselves and it gets really boring and a bit sad. (I include myself in this as well) saddest thing is that we don't have the traffic these days to dilute the ones who spam the **** out of this board. One day, it'll LOM just talking to himself, or is that the case now anyway?

Personally I think things need to be tightened up in terms of abuse, some of which is in pretty violent language. Not because people shouldn't be allowed to express themselves but because it makes it a grim place.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I'd agree, they let most things go, and it's not easy to get posts removed or banned.

Politics is the biggest problem, stick it on the alternative, and most of us won't see it or get involved.

The golden rule in life should be don't discuss politics or religion.
    If you can't discuss politics or religion as a rational human being then what hope is there for humankind?

Nothing deleted from that thread. Not a single post let alone 'pages'

The last post deleted was a post on the Djokavic thread where 'Alan Lung' - don't think that's his real name, I maybe wrong - called someone a Twat. So I deleted it.

Last threads deleted was Wales Bales taking the piss out of Deli Ali and SunnySideUp posting libellous/slanderous revelations of Huw Edwards before it was officially announced. Both over a week ago

Last thread locked was the Rylan / Linekar / Vine titled thread that just got libellous (Sunny again) weird and inappropriate.

People tend to get banned if they post offensive stuff, usually more than once as they normally get a chance, or if they appear to be or are quite obviously trolls who post under multiple names.

Some posters have asked to be removed because it's like a drug and they can't help stirring things up because it gets a reaction.

I think there are a number of posters on here now that are multi's, or trolls who blend their posts between valid contributions and posts to provoke other users. Some think they are funny, some are just annoying. Like that bloke on the pub who won't shut up.

I can't police every single person and know their intentions. The ones that get banned tend to display extremes and push the envelope too far. Some get banned because they ask to be banned because they can't stop.

I'm on another forum where people get a mute from posting if they don't ask for permission to contact Admin. Or if they ask a question someone else has already asked.

I like people to play along and respect the opportunity they have on here.

Act like an arse and you might get wiped.

Is Organ Morgan banned then?

Let’s be honest you got to be a bit of a twat to be a multi.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    this is a good point, draw a line, people want to push it
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nothing deleted from that thread. Not a single post let alone 'pages'

The last post deleted was a post on the Djokavic thread where 'Alan Lung' - don't think that's his real name, I maybe wrong - called someone a Twat. So I deleted it.

Last threads deleted was Wales Bales taking the piss out of Deli Ali and SunnySideUp posting libellous/slanderous revelations of Huw Edwards before it was officially announced. Both over a week ago
    I got in from a night out late last night, spent a while looking at deleted posts on the just stop oil thread ( you are right, none ), compiled a list like you have done, then I thought " why bother, it'll only stir it up and I will be called a liar, people just want the attention "

If posters took a little more responsibility themselves to be accepting of others' opinions, however much they might disagree with them, the mods would have an easier job.

Most of us have belonged to this site for a long time. We know how it works and which posters press our buttons. Just put those you find objectionable on ignore and try to be be more tolerant. Job done.

First Team

I have never quite understood why people have multiple identities on here.
    Maybe one of them could explain what their thinking behind it is.
    Possibly link our real names to our poster identity in the profile section if it is causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I have never quite understood why people have multiple identities on here.
    Maybe one of them could explain what their thinking behind it is.
    Possibly link our real names to our poster identity in the profile section if it is causing issues.
    The reason they do it is to support their agenda. They're usually a one trick pony with an obsessive interest in a particular issue. By creating multiple accounts and posting multiple times on a specific issue through seemingly different personas they are trying to give the impression there is more support for their opinions than there actually is.

What they are usually not able to do is write in alternative styles convincingly enough and therefore they are frequently caught out. We have one or two posters on the forum who are experts at uncovering multis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The reason they do it is to support their agenda. They're usually a one trick pony with an obsessive interest in a particular issue. By creating multiple accounts and posting multiple times on a specific issue through seemingly different personas they are trying to give the impression there is more support for their opinions than there actually is.

What they are usually not able to do is write in alternative styles convincingly enough and therefore they are frequently caught out. We have one or two posters on the forum who are experts at uncovering multis.
    Beware the Multi Finder General!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’ve said many times on threads like this, that we should all only be allowed to post if we use our real names. Why do we need to be anonymous? If we did that, then I think most posters would think twice about being abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve said many times on threads like this, that we should all only be allowed to post if we use our real names. Why do we need to be anonymous? If we did that, then I think most posters would think twice about being abusive.
    Have to agree with this. Perhaps a message board meet up would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Agree with this as well. Posters also use it as a way of discrediting posters they clearly don’t like.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Agree with this as well. Posters also use it as a way of discrediting posters they clearly don’t like.
    I'm quite sure I can find a few posts where you accuse me and Cyril of being the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm quite sure I can find a few posts where you accuse me and Cyril of being the same person.
    It’s the only way to shut you two up on the subject. It’s tiresome and the agenda is very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s the only way to shut you two up on the subject. It’s tiresome and the agenda is very clear.
    So when you said "Posters also use it as a way of discrediting posters they clearly don’t like." you were talking about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So when you said "Posters also use it as a way of discrediting posters they clearly don’t like." you were talking about yourself
    You know what I mean, hopefully by bringing it to you attention you can concentrate on posting useful and interesting content from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I know a dozen posters on here will disagree with you but he's the same person.