+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Them's the Rules

Re: Them's the Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nothing deleted from that thread. Not a single post let alone 'pages'

The last post deleted was a post on the Djokavic thread where 'Alan Lung' - don't think that's his real name, I maybe wrong - called someone a Twat. So I deleted it.

Last threads deleted was Wales Bales taking the piss out of Deli Ali and SunnySideUp posting libellous/slanderous revelations of Huw Edwards before it was officially announced. Both over a week ago

Last thread locked was the Rylan / Linekar / Vine titled thread that just got libellous (Sunny again) weird and inappropriate.

People tend to get banned if they post offensive stuff, usually more than once as they normally get a chance, or if they appear to be or are quite obviously trolls who post under multiple names.

Some posters have asked to be removed because it's like a drug and they can't help stirring things up because it gets a reaction.

I think there are a number of posters on here now that are multi's, or trolls who blend their posts between valid contributions and posts to provoke other users. Some think they are funny, some are just annoying. Like that bloke on the pub who won't shut up.

I can't police every single person and know their intentions. The ones that get banned tend to display extremes and push the envelope too far. Some get banned because they ask to be banned because they can't stop.

I'm on another forum where people get a mute from posting if they don't ask for permission to contact Admin. Or if they ask a question someone else has already asked.

I like people to play along and respect the opportunity they have on here.

Act like an arse and you might get wiped.
    That's very interesting to know, Mike......

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I know a dozen posters on here will disagree with you but he's the same person.
    All for one, and one for all.

International

There was a poster on here some time ago who apparently had about 20 aliases already registered and lined up ready for when the one he was using got binned. Loyal jirga and his aliases. I don't think he is here now because he couldn't last without reverting to type, which is what someone mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There was a poster on here some time ago who apparently had about 20 aliases already registered and lined up ready for when the one he was using got binned. Loyal jirga and his aliases. I don't think he is here now because he couldn't last without reverting to type, which is what someone mentioned earlier.
    We have had a current poster respond to messages using the wrong alias of his (and he has quite a portfolio) but he thinks no-one notices....

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I read another football board from time to time. And they have a section listing banned posters, how long they’re banned for and why.
    Plymouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We have had a current poster respond to messages using the wrong alias of his (and he has quite a portfolio) but he thinks no-one notices....
    Name Names, or at least be cryptic (not too hard though)

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So when you said "Posters also use it as a way of discrediting posters they clearly don’t like." you were talking about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Name Names, or at least be cryptic (not too hard though)
    If you don't already know, my flabber is truly ghasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The reason they do it is to support their agenda. They're usually a one trick pony with an obsessive interest in a particular issue. By creating multiple accounts and posting multiple times on a specific issue through seemingly different personas they are trying to give the impression there is more support for their opinions than there actually is.

What they are usually not able to do is write in alternative styles convincingly enough and therefore they are frequently caught out. We have one or two posters on the forum who are experts at uncovering multis.

I think this of posters who remain anonymous, to be anonymous and post as you have done above, OH the Irony

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I think this of posters who remain anonymous, to be anonymous and post as you have done above, OH the Irony
    ??? English please!