+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: We are going to finish 23rd

Re: We are going to finish 23rd

though.
    Absolutely. It's been fun this far. No expectations whatsoever, so whatever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic.
    I noticed this little gem on page 5 by Eric the Half Bee. 😂😂

I said midtable, can’t get more middle than 12th. I think it’s a respectable league finish, just a shame about the football being so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    though.
    Absolutely. It's been fun this far. No expectations whatsoever, so whatever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic.
    I noticed this little gem on page 5 by Eric the Half Bee. ����
    At the time of posting it was absolutely correct. I wouldn't hold a comment like that against anyone.

However, I suggest expectation levels two months later when we win at Preston and are looking at the playoffs are not the same. Should, for example, Ipswich fans in the last few games of the season just be grateful for staying up or are their expectation levels very different from last August? The feeling of many fans from how we were doing after we beat Bristol City and how we've ended the season are very different, naturally so. If you're thinking you've got one over on me with this, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At the time of posting it was absolutely correct. I wouldn't hold a comment like that against anyone.

However, I suggest expectation levels two months later when we win at Preston and are looking at the playoffs are not the same. Should, for example, Ipswich fans in the last few games of the season just be grateful for staying up or are their expectation levels very different from last August? The feeling of many fans from how we were doing after we beat Bristol City and how we've ended the season are very different, naturally so. If you're thinking you've got one over on me with this, think again.
    “What ever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic”
    Those were your words. Now you are back tracking. Pathetic! Grow a pair Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    “What ever the side does beyond avoiding the drop, will be fantastic”
    Those were your words. Now you are back tracking. Pathetic! Grow a pair Eric.
    Not back tracking in the slightest. You're trying to hold words I posted around 8 months ago against me for some reason. Not the first time recently you've tried to score points off me or have a sly dig. Didn't think you were that sad.

Anyway, simple question - the majority of City fans were delighted with the start we made and were saying and posting similar things as I did at the same time. Should those comments be the only ones that matter at the end of this season or are opinions allowed to change depending on how well or otherwise the club does?

I recently posted about the 2006/07 season, where against the odds, we were top of the table and looking every bit like Championship champions after a few months, even though many would never have predicted that at the start of the season. When we finished 13th, many City fans were disappointed, their expectation levels having changed drastically since the start of the season. Is it wrong that should happen?