+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glee club down the bay to close?

Re: Glee club down the bay to close?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, but one of the best with his delivery. Shame about the content.
    Jim Davidson

Another ****

Great delivery

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Gary Delaney just stands up and tells jokes. I saw him at the Glee Club last year. He was excellent.

I find it's usually a good idea to check out the acts you're going to see before parting with your cash. Avoids disappointment as a rule.
    Saying that, we tend to know what's coming when we go and watch City, yet we stil do!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    The owner sounds like an absolute baby. Throwing his toys out of the pram just because his workers decided to unionise, whether you agree with unions or not, people should have the right to form one.

Pathetic.

He also brags about paying his employees 70p an hour over the minimum wage. So generous.
    We'd still have child labour if it wasnt for unions. you'd be working 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Saying that, we tend to know what's coming when we go and watch City, yet we stil do!
    That’s a different sort of comedy altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Jim Davidson

Another ****

Great delivery
    Davidson is a vicious piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Davidson is a vicious piece of shit.
    Well to be fair Bernard Manning was a bit extreme at times

Well to be fair Bernard Manning was a bit extreme at times
    He was, although it's pretty much a fact that Manning's delivery was fantastic, plenty of very good comedians have said so. I hated his racist shit, but not all of his jokes were like that. That's not a defence of him either. He was good at what he did. Compare it to someone like farage, he can hold a room, very good at capturing the audience, do i like him or his politics? Not a chance.

Bernard Manning on Mrs Merton's show. Worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zaGwbRx_0Q

Bernard Manning on Mrs Merton's show. Worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zaGwbRx_0Q
    She leathered him

It’s a vital place for the comedy scene in the area.

Interesting that those who think you can’t tell a joke anymore … haven’t been

Sounds like the owner is a bit of an arse on the face of that story but of course two sides to every story

She leathered him
    Absolutely. The audience did as well. "I wouldn't stop to pick up a black man and that's my prerogative" got shown up. Maybe we'll have racial equality in the UK one day, but not under this racist government.

Absolutely. The audience did as well. "I wouldn't stop to pick up a black man and that's my prerogative" got shown up. Maybe we'll have racial equality in the UK one day, but not under this racist government.
    No we won't

The younger generation seem a lot more chilled and relaxed about things but sadly some people are thick as feck

Can't ban stupidity

I rarely go to comedy gigs. Not sure why, it's just not in my radar. I did go to see Bill Bailey at last year's Hay Festival who I love when I see him on panel shows. His comedy seems genuinely off the cuff. He wasn't that great to be honest. It seemed too scripted and forced. This year I saw Dara O'briain at the festival and he was,superb, loads of lols.

One of the funniest guys I’ve seen at the Glee was Rich Hall, the American and I’ve had some good nights there, but that maybe because of the beer and the friend we were with. I can’t think of one comedian who just tells jokes, they mainly comment in events in life.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I can’t think of one comedian who just tells jokes, they mainly comment in events in life.
    There are a few who tell puns - Tim Vine, Milton Jones, Gary Delaney. Some tell jokes occasionally during their sets but are mainly observational. Ricky Gervais told one joke when I saw him a few weeks ago - I won't repeat it here!

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    One of the funniest guys I’ve seen at the Glee was Rich Hall, the American and I’ve had some good nights there, but that maybe because of the beer and the friend we were with. I can’t think of one comedian who just tells jokes, they mainly comment in events in life.
    Yes Rich Hall is a funny guy

I wish Bill Hicks was still alive

Seen these a few times at Glee.
    Different.
    https://youtu.be/pHXB3S-TQyY