+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sixth Commandment , BBC 1

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: The Sixth Commandment , BBC 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Still to watch the final episode but it's been great. Timothy Spall is one of the country's greatest actors.
    "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" ... an early triumph, for those old enough to remember 80s TV

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" ... an early triumph, for those old enough to remember 80s TV
    brilliant series

Most on here can only! remember 80's TV

Barry, Barry Taylor

Thought this was really good. Along with 'Blue Lights' which I've just watched too, it does show that the BBC continues to come up with some really good drama.

A few series too many unfortunately, some programmes should adhere to the ‘Fawlty Towers Rule’.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes, I saw that, I haven't watched this yet though, but sounds like it's really good so will do!
    Was a good series, I think I preferred the actual documentary though, probably best to see the Sixth Commandment first and then Catching a killer straight after.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    There is a documentary about this case on channel 4 catchup titled - Catching a Killer, A diary from a grave.
    Watching this now. Really good. Will watch The Sixth Commandment after this.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A few series too many unfortunately, some programmes should adhere to the ‘Fawlty Towers Rule’.
    Agree, the first series was the best.

I disagree, I thought the later series' were also excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    brilliant series
    Michael Boon played a great character (McGowan). He was a right cu*t in it. I was always hoping he and Bomber would have crossed swords, but it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Michael Boon played a great character (McGowan). He was a right cu*t in it. I was always hoping he and Bomber would have crossed swords, but it never happened.
    Michael Elphick’s character in Auf Wiedersehen Pet was very true to life, there were dangerous nutters out there during those times. Misfits who were ‘on the run’ from the UK or just out and out chancers who decided that they were a bricky or chippy because they’d heard the money was decent. Many’s the time I was asked ‘cover for me’ if a polier (chargehand/foreman) was doing the rounds. They were the ones who flitted from job to job after being found out, very often not getting their last week’s pay and then claiming they were ‘knocked’.

Watched 1st episode, good acting from Spall, but thought it was slow and not something I could binge one after the other.

Michael Elphick’s character in Auf Wiedersehen Pet was very true to life, there were dangerous nutters out there during those times. Misfits who were ‘on the run’ from the UK or just out and out chancers who decided that they were a bricky or chippy because they’d heard the money was decent. Many’s the time I was asked ‘cover for me’ if a polier (chargehand/foreman) was doing the rounds. They were the ones who flitted from job to job after being found out, very often not getting their last week’s pay and then claiming they were ‘knocked’.
    Got Boon mixed up. That was another character he played 😂.
    What yrs did you work there?
    I’ve worked on plenty of sites in the UK, and remember Auf Weidersehen being so realistic.
    As you say though, plenty of dodgy characters on foreign sites. Have you ever seen a film called Riff Raff? Set on a site in England. Ricky Tomlinson and a young Robert Carlyle in it. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Got Boon mixed up. That was another character he played 😂.
    What yrs did you work there?
    I’ve worked on plenty of sites in the UK, and remember Auf Weidersehen being so realistic.
    As you say though, plenty of dodgy characters on foreign sites. Have you ever seen a film called Riff Raff? Set on a site in England. Ricky Tomlinson and a young Robert Carlyle in it. Hilarious.
    Riff Raff ?

Didn't it have a serious side in that they were over worked and safe health and safety was ignored by the bosses and one lad falls through a roof and dies ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Riff Raff ?

Didn't it have a serious side in that they were over worked and safe health and safety was ignored by the bosses and one lad falls through a roof and dies ?
    Yup, written by Ken Loach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I remember now

Saw it on ITV I think

Some right twats in the building game

Never mind being a copper , that's a walk in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It’s classed as Comedy/Social problems.
    As with all Loach’s work, it’s brilliant, and whilst having its serious side, it has some real laugh out loud moments, especially the Glasgow funeral scene.
    Well worth a watch for anyone thats never seen it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My point being that the 'perp' had additional time to apply pressure to him to say nothing incriminating. The former was manipulative and controlling in the first place. However, maybe it was for dramatic effect and didn't really take place.
    That was for dramatic effect they are not that dopey.