+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Net Zero Cost~ $1.5 TRILLION per year -

Net Zero Cost~ $1.5 TRILLION per year -

https://twitter.com/jamesmelville/st...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Colchester resident Rachel Mathews systematically takes apart the local council's net zero agenda.

Re: Net Zero Cost~ $1.5 TRILLION per year -

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamesmelville/st...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Colchester resident Rachel Mathews systematically takes apart the local council's net zero agenda.
    I heard it's a 50+ trillion business opportunity for the multinational corporations who like to hangout in Davos, and the thing is those at the bottom will be paying for everything.

And what are the costs of not doing anything?

Not even sure where you got this 1.5 trillion figure from.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Covid is an interesting case study, would we be in this current mess if we had followed Sweden and never locked down? Obviously Boris & friends wouldn't have made a fortune out of it, but that sort of proves the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Costs aside , you ignored the environmental impact then , which is the main point anyway …..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Covid is an interesting case study, would we be in this current mess if we had followed Sweden and never locked down? Obviously Boris & friends wouldn't have made a fortune out of it, but that sort of proves the point.
    Sweden was out of step with most of Europe at the start of Covid - but to claim they 'never locked down' is nonsense. The Swedish government closed down sports, banned mass gatherings, introduced distance learning for swathes of students/pupils and imposed a whole shopping list of restrictions. Maybe because their initial response led to death rates in Sweden that dwarfed their neighbours?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sweden was out of step with most of Europe at the start of Covid - but to claim they 'never locked down' is nonsense. The Swedish government closed down sports, banned mass gatherings, introduced distance learning for swathes of students/pupils and imposed a whole shopping list of restrictions. Maybe because their initial response led to death rates in Sweden that dwarfed their neighbours?
    That's unusual for you to rewrite history!

That's unusual for you to rewrite history!
    Which bit of what I wrote is untrue? 'Lock down' was not one set of universally adopted government actions, but a range. Sweden was at one end of the range - but denied it had a 'herd immunity' policy and over 15 months from the start of Covid to mid 2021 ramped up the constraints on gatherings and movement, cancelled sporting events and introduced vaccine passports. Too little and too late, but not nothing.

Sweden was an outlier - picking fewer things off the menu than most countries - but don't pretend they did nothing. They never used the term 'lockdown' but learning from home, closing many public services, banning sports, reducing the maximum number of people who could gather several times (down to 50 max) and the other measures they introduced are all examples of a partial but real lockdown.

So again, what part of that do you claim is wrong? Or was your comment your usual BS deflection?

As the outbreak reached Sweden, authorities responded with limited measures, in contrast with lockdowns and legal restrictions introduced in other countries. The Swedish public were expected to follow a series of non-voluntary recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten). These included working from home where possible, limiting travel within the country, social distancing, and for people above 70 and those with potential COVID-19 symptoms to self-isolate. Changes were also made to sick leave. Businesses and organizations were subject to distancing recommendations, regulations (mainly restaurants) and laws (banning public gatherings and events with more than 50 participants, as well as visits to nursing homes). Upper secondary schools and universities were closed until the end of the summer holidays.

From late 2020 amidst a surge in cases, new legislation was passed enacting international travel restrictions and again limiting participation in public events, banning nursing home visits and closing upper secondary schools. Primary schools remained open throughout the pandemic, and face masks were not generally recommended for the public or in healthcare settings. Vaccinations in Sweden began in December 2020. Spring 2021 saw a surge of the Alpha variant of the virus, and further tightening of restrictions and recommendations. In late 2021, vaccine passports and other measures were introduced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...den#Background

Which bit of what I wrote is untrue?
    I can just imagine you being around in the 15th century, you'd be outside some poor woman's house telling anybody who would listen that the occupant was practising witchcraft. You would no doubt be the one that lit the bonfire as well!

I can just imagine you being around in the 15th century, you'd be outside some poor woman's house telling anybody who would listen that the occupant was practising witchcraft. You would no doubt be the one that lit the bonfire as well!
    A strange fantasy you had there, but thanks for sharing.

Not sure how it challenges what I posted, although it was probably a long shot that you would ever answer the question.

But it did spark an image in my mind of you and Heath wandering through the towns and villages of Britain in 1348, looking at the piles of buboe covered corpses, and telling each other that they are all actors, there is no Black Death, and it is all part of an evil masterplan by the Illuminati to deprive the serfs of their freedom and luxury possessions!

More apt I thought?

Not sure how it challenges what I posted, although it was probably a long shot that you would ever answer the question.

But it did spark an image in my mind of you and Heath wandering through the towns and villages of Britain in 1348, looking at the piles of buboe covered corpses, and telling each other that they are all actors, there is no Black Death, and it is all part of an evil masterplan by the Illuminati to deprive the serfs of their freedom and luxury possessions!

More apt I thought?
    You forgot the BBC.

More apt I thought?
    That's just weird!