+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Ramsey 'Factor'

The Ramsey 'Factor'

Following the Kieffer rumours it got me thinking that getting Rambo back might have far more impact that I thought. Yes, if he stays fit and plays he'll be arguably our best player but there's so many other potential factors....

I don't think for a minute Kieffer would have been down the Vale had Rambo not been here. He's a player with loads of contacts and a huge reputation, who's to know if that might be a deciding factor for a player to join.

Also, when you look at our squad last year there was nobody who really stood out as a leader. Nobody to either gee the lads up or set standards for other to lead by example.

I think just having him in the squad will raise everyone else's standards - everyone will want to up their game and push on.

Then you've got a few of the less experienced players who will look and learn from him - probably Ruben the most. Shirt sales, TV and press interest, bums on seats....

Re: The Ramsey 'Factor'

Well they’ve sold loads of “E’s”

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Following the Kieffer rumours it got me thinking that getting Rambo back might have far more impact that I thought. Yes, if he stays fit and plays he'll be arguably our best player but there's so many other potential factors....

I don't think for a minute Kieffer would have been down the Vale had Rambo not been here. He's a player with loads of contacts and a huge reputation, who's to know if that might be a deciding factor for a player to join.

Also, when you look at our squad last year there was nobody who really stood out as a leader. Nobody to either gee the lads up or set standards for other to lead by example.

I think just having him in the squad will raise everyone else's standards - everyone will want to up their game and push on.

Then you've got a few of the less experienced players who will look and learn from him - probably Ruben the most. Shirt sales, TV and press interest, bums on seats....
    His signing hasn't seen that many season tickets being sold ?

International

Agreed it will have an influence on future signings and if we get them and perform an increase in the crowd, all things are connected and can have the potential to change the direction of a club's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Are you sure about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hard to measure though but I guarantee he'll be the sole reason we sell more than a few and more than a few walk up tickets. I don't think you could claim that about any of our other players.

I think the effect on the last seasons players will be telling. I remember years ago playing club rugby and a new lad joined who'd played age group internationals and had been at a pro club. Everyone lifted their game, not wanting to show themselves up and prove they were his equal.

I'm hoping it's those things it fixes, like players actually making themselves available for a pass, tracking runners, winning the 50 50s.

Hard to measure though but I guarantee he'll be the sole reason we sell more than a few and more than a few walk up tickets. I don't think you could claim that about any of our other players.

I think the effect on the last seasons players will be telling. I remember years ago playing club rugby and a new lad joined who'd played age group internationals and had been at a pro club. Everyone lifted their game, not wanting to show themselves up and prove they were his equal.

I'm hoping it's those things it fixes, like players actually making themselves available for a pass, tracking runners, winning the 50 50s.
    Any chance that you could get him to sign for us now