+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Mullin

Paul Mullin

Suffered a punctured lung in a collision during Wrexham's friendly with Man Utd U21s.

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/stat...6BSHDWzjw&s=19

Re: Paul Mullin

Sounds, horrendous. However, I'd expect it to heal pretty quickly.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Sounds, horrendous. However, I'd expect it to heal pretty quickly.
    six to eight weeks for full recovery add on three or four to be able to play professional football, missing the start of a season and will have to regain full fitness, he won't be right for twelve weeks odd, quite a blow for them but we had worse with Adams and Collins.

Shocking for a pre-season friendly though, in addition to this incident also a straight red for what sounds like a pretty bad tackle. Wrexham have a right to be annoyed but equally, playing Man United u21s in a hyped up tournament on TV, you expect a lot of those players are going to be treating it like they are in the shop window and treating it like a first team game... a downside to the media attention they are getting right now I doubt anyone really thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    six to eight weeks for full recovery add on three or four to be able to play professional football, missing the start of a season and will have to regain full fitness, he won't be right for twelve weeks odd, quite a blow for them but we had worse with Adams and Collins.
    Surprised at that. It happened to me 3 times in my early 20s. I felt fine after a couple of weeks although admittedly I wasn't playing professional football. The 3rd time it happened the hospital told me to just go and see my gp next time, although never did.

It seems he had a punctuated lung, Full Stop…..