+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Re: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I knew one of the coppers who caught me, played football with his son. He hammered me. I say a farmers field, more like stuck in a hedge
    If it was RT Davies' hedge I'd say you took one for the team

Isle of Man x1
    Cardiff x 2
    Rest of UK x 2
    Germany x 2
    Belgium x 1
    Total miles covered approx. 1.5 million across approx. 30 countries

No points, caught once and did speed awareness course, still have a paper license

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I knew there would be at least one, well done fair play
    More luck rather than being squeaky clean.

37 years driving but no points. I took a speed awareness course in 2015 after being clocked doing 35mph on a 30mph road.

I had to stop driving in May this year because of weakness in my legs due to MND. I have a Ford Focus Titanium with all the extras which is 6 years old but has only 24,000 miles on the clock. I am giving it to my youngest daughter as she is taking her driving test in October.

No points or tickets in 28 years

1 ticket - 3 points (2006) when I was running late for a home match coming down from Sheffield - zapped on the A40 after Monmouth.

47 years driving.

International

Will be worth bumping this 17th September 2024, 12 months after the 20mph is implemented across the whole of Wales, the numbers will fly up I'm sure.

First Team

None and none in 40 odd years.
    Guess I have been lucky .
    Have recently given up the car, as I was simply not using, it so the buggers won't profit from me with their cameras and average speed traps.

None, just under 20 years of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Got banned for 18 months when i was 17, driving without a full licence, no insurance and then tried to get away from the police, crashed the van into a farmers field.
    Were you auditioning for Brassic?

During one of my 2,500 mile road trips in the US (I did several a few decades ago), I was flagged down for speeding by a Native American police officer (as the incidence took place on what is an enormous reservation that takes up much of the State of Arizona).
    He had been travelling in the opposite direction to me and I was in one of several white cars ascending an incline in the desert on the route to Page. I explained to him that he had mistaken my car for one of the several other white cars that had overtaken me and the reason that he had caught up with me in the first place was that the speeding car concerned was long gone and way ahead of me.
    He stated that I had three options: to pay cash there and then, to go to Traffic School or to visit the Police Station/Court House in Page.
    I deigned to do the latter as it wasn't going to inconvenience me unduly and I turned up on spec at the aforemention establishment and explained my situation to the lady on the counter and a large figure, who resembled The Chief in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, behind her stated that I needed to go to the end of the corridor and enter a certain door. As I opened that door and entered with my then-partner it became evident that it was a courtroom and the gentleman concerned entered through a door on a higher level which led him to his seat, which was surrounded by wood panels and betwixt two American flags. Yes, he was the judge.
    I gave him a fawning explanation as to my being an upstanding pillock of the community and assured him that I was not the type of person to engage in such moral turpitude as to exceed the state speed limit (although I may very well have exceeded the ridiculous limit of 50mph in the desert concerned).
    Unlike my partner, he seemed less than sickened by my extreme obsequiousness and let me off.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    During one of my 2,500 mile road trips in the US (I did several a few decades ago), I was flagged down for speeding by a Native American police officer (as the incidence took place on what is an enormous reservation that takes up much of the State of Arizona).
    He had been travelling in the opposite direction to me and I was in one of several white cars ascending an incline in the desert on the route to Page. I explained to him that he had mistaken my car for one of the several other white cars that had overtaken me and the reason that he had caught up with me in the first place was that the speeding car concerned was long gone and way ahead of me.
    He stated that I had three options: to pay cash there and then, to go to Traffic School or to visit the Police Station/Court House in Page.
    I deigned to do the latter as it wasn't going to inconvenience me unduly and I turned up on spec at the aforemention establishment and explained my situation to the lady on the counter and a large figure, who resembled The Chief in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, behind her stated that I needed to go to the end of the corridor and enter a certain door. As I opened that door and entered with my then-partner it became evident that it was a courtroom and the gentleman concerned entered through a door on a higher level which led him to his seat, which was surrounded by wood panels and betwixt two American flags. Yes, he was the judge.
    I gave him a fawning explanation as to my being an upstanding pillock of the community and assured him that I was not the type of person to engage in such moral turpitude as to exceed the state speed limit (although I may very well have exceeded the ridiculous limit of 50mph in the desert concerned).
    Unlike my partner, he seemed less than sickened by my extreme obsequiousness and let me off.
    Reminds me I did get caught in Florida but I didn't have my license on me so after a bollocking as that's an offence he let me off!

International

I currently have 8 points. 4 weeks ago I had 14 and at the time of my appearance at Cardiff Magistrates court with what the gave me I had 17, but no ban, because I also had a very good Solicitor.

In the space of 10 days in December the 8 will go down to 0. (If I'm a good boy!)

International

And I forgot to mention, the barstewards still owe me £100.00 (The police not my solicitor)

A tenuous link to this thread.

Many moons ago (maybe 1978), in the days of drink driving, we went to an after race party to celebrate a friend winning the Manx Grand Prix (amateur TT) on the Isle of Man. On the drive back we were pulled over. The driver was way over the limit. The copper asked if anyone else could drive, the answer being no (I’d only passed my bike test at that point). The coppers response was to say, ok carry on driving & I’ll follow you. It was about 5 miles back to the race paddock, which was next to the police station. He followed us back without incident, we parked up and he wished us goodnight.

Wouldn’t happen nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Many moons ago (maybe 1978), in the days of drink driving, we went to an after race party to celebrate a friend winning the Manx Grand Prix (amateur TT) on the Isle of Man. On the drive back we were pulled over. The driver was way over the limit. The copper asked if anyone else could drive, the answer being no (I’d only passed my bike test at that point). The coppers response was to say, ok carry on driving & I’ll follow you. It was about 5 miles back to the race paddock, which was next to the police station. He followed us back without incident, we parked up and he wished us goodnight.

Saw this Christmas drink driving add from about 1977 I think it was, picture of a gear stick with numbers 1 to 5 like in a car with 5 highlighted red saying don’t have that FIFTH PINT…..imagine that nowadays with the amount of cars out around Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Mid 1980s, a mate in my darts team had his car stolen.
    The plod found it later that evening and told him to come and check it over.
    He went to the station with his keys, looked it over and thankfully it was OK, He was told he was free to drive it away
    He said, "but I've been drinking"
    Copper looked at him and said "you seem perfectly sober to me sir!" so off he went
    He went to the station, they

I got my first points last December, on my motorbike, heading to Barry from St Nicholas after driving for 44 years. A traffic officer caught me on a camera and unfortunately,I was going too quickly for a speed awareness course.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He went to the station with his keys, looked it over and thankfully it was OK, He was told he was free to drive it away
    Copper looked at him and said "you seem perfectly sober to me sir!" so off he went
    They, what? Finish the story, what happened.........or is it the board’s slowness and the finale is due soon

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They, what? Finish the story, what happened.........or is it the board’s slowness and the finale is due soon
    Mis-placed paste , or cut, or something.
    The story finished at "off he went"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I remember being in a pub and drinking after hours in a small town here in Somerset with my brother and a number of his friends, who I didn't know. We were chatting whilst standing in a circle away from the bar when I asked my brother if there was a potential problem if the Police were to enter the premises, whereupon he gesticulating towards the others and replied "This IS the Police".

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember being in a pub and drinking after hours in a small town here in Somerset with my brother and a number of his friends, who I didn't know. We were chatting whilst standing in a circle away from the bar when I asked my brother if there was a potential problem if the Police were to enter the premises, whereupon he gesticulating towards the others and replied "This IS the Police".
    A similarthing happened to me many years ago in Ystradgynlais. I was sitting in the bar of a pub owned by a good friend's dad. It was about 2 AM and all the lights were on and the curtains wide open. I asked him (the dad) if I should close them, in case the police were about. He said, "No, they don't bother us except once when the Inspector tried to give me grief".
    At this point the guy sitting on the stool next to me looked up and said, "You ******* liar, I've never given you grief." The curtains stayed open

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Saw this Christmas drink driving add from about 1977 I think it was, picture of a gear stick with numbers 1 to 5 like in a car with 5 highlighted red saying don’t have that FIFTH PINT…..imagine that nowadays with the amount of cars out around Christmas
    My daughters friends dad still thinks " 5 and Drive " is ok, he thinks anything over 5 and you are drink driving

I got one going around a road that circles The Pentagon giving on Boxing Day one year.
    Federal Police did me for going 30 mph in a 25.