+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Re: How many speeding tickets and points have you had in your life?

Ah. Not great. 21 day ban 20 years ago - the week of the Stoke play-offs. At Stoke Sunday, Chepstow magistrates Monday, lift to the City on the Wed for the 2nd leg. Apart from that, probably had c40 points - all in 3's apart from 1x5 (that was odd) and done 4 speed awareness courses. On the last one last year the trainer - a nice retired lady - started crying - and I promised myself there are then I was done with it. Never again. Reformed character. No never do over 75.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I knew there would be at least one, well done fair play
    None

International

Has anyone added any points yet?

Give it a month

Twice.
    1983 City were playing home on a Friday night.I had the three points.

International

On a more sober note, (Excuse the pun) the lad who survived that terrible fatal crash in St Mellons but was done for drink/drug driving offences earlier in the journey, had just been up in court having been done again on Aberporth road about 2.30 AM.
    Some people just refuse to learn!

Been driving since 1972......5 speeding tickets
    1) and 2) Driving at 77mph in 70mph zone near Usk around mid eighties - two separate journeys - 3 points docked each time.
    3) and 4) Driving at around 8km/hour over limit through the many variable speed limits around Paris Periphique......same journey!! No points as at the time (mid nineties) I still had UK licence....
    5) two weeks ago....87km/hour in 80km zone....system here is different.......you start OFF with 12 points...so I got 1 point taken away.....

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A tenuous link to this thread.

Many moons ago (maybe 1978), in the days of drink driving, we went to an after race party to celebrate a friend winning the Manx Grand Prix (amateur TT) on the Isle of Man. On the drive back we were pulled over. The driver was way over the limit. The copper asked if anyone else could drive, the answer being no (I’d only passed my bike test at that point). The coppers response was to say, ok carry on driving & I’ll follow you. It was about 5 miles back to the race paddock, which was next to the police station. He followed us back without incident, we parked up and he wished us goodnight.

Wouldn’t happen nowadays!
    Now THAT sound like good policing, as long as they were not blind drunk....