+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: WYCOMBE 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: WYCOMBE 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m dismayed, anyone who picks Ojo, shows a complete lack of knowledge about football
    Not by choice Mate.
    I wasn’t keen the first time around, last season he pissed me off no end.
    He’s done ok in the last couple of friendlies but I fully expect him to be infuriating.

877 Cardiff fans at Wycombe today.

I left home at 12 noon, was in the ground as the players came out and was back home before 8pm. Would have been nice to see a goal

wycombe2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bulutball seems to be passing it sideways and backwards quite a lot.

We were playing as slow as this MB has been this week.
    I hope you’re reading this, Mozzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Not by choice Mate.
    I wasn’t keen the first time around, last season he pissed me off no end.
    He’s done ok in the last couple of friendlies but I fully expect him to be infuriating.
    He's definitely not the answer longer term into the season but I agree he's caught the eye in the friendlies. I hope Bulut is experienced and perceptive enough to realise this and I hope he puts him out on loan and runs his contract down.

I'm a bit more pessimistic than I was last week. Yes Ramsey has been very good and a good performance from one or two players but overall we look weak, plodding, brittle in defence and we can't score. We might not be able to improve things too early but I hope Bulut is developing a plan to keep us in the game until January when I hope he's identified quality additions.

Re: WYCOMBE W v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    What stupid ratings Rino 6 nothing spectacular but gifted the ball for a chance.

If Jack Simpson is our star man then we are fecked.
    Rino's only contribution was giving a TERRIBLE ball away that led to their 2-on-1 and Goutas somehow saving it off the line.

Re: FT: WYCOMBE W 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    We did score 7 past Cardiff Met midweek
    Any other details for this? Lineup? Scorers?

I didn't find this game as depressing as others did but I was expecting us to be a little further along than where we are right now.

My main concern is that once again, we are going into the season with a striker that isn't good enough.

We had so many preseason games and didn't experiment enough with a non-Ugbo lineup.

Was my first game since 2012... So personally it was great to be back, missed it.
    Regarding the game, difficult to judge friendlies too much of course but the first half was very positive I thought. The lack of threat in the final 3rd was obvious, but at least we kept the ball. At least it's something that can be built on, as opposed to what we've seen it recent years. Looked like we were playing without a striker but surely one of the player on the bench will slot in? Robinson?
    2nd half was completely forgettable, but really not sure why so much negativity on here. It's pre season, and we have player to come back still.
    Akinfenwa was good fun, nice to see him engaging with the fans after being given some friendly abuse, good stuff

Weekly review 30 July 2023 – a familiar problem for misfiring Cardiff City.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Once again, a very fair summary. I didn't realise that it was a back heel volley that Rambo nearly scored from (completely unsighted from where I was). At least we have some spark and creativity to look forward to. Otherwise, the yawning gap up front for us is a big worry. The usual story of last season, play the ball from the back, play it sideways, then up the wings and then what? No target man. Lose the ball then repeat. Any opposition playing down the centre of the field will beat us easily.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Once again, a very fair summary. I didn't realise that it was a back heel volley that Rambo nearly scored from (completely unsighted from where I was). At least we have some spark and creativity to look forward to. Otherwise, the yawning gap up front for us is a big worry. The usual story of last season, play the ball from the back, play it sideways, then up the wings and then what? No target man. Lose the ball then repeat. Any opposition playing down the centre of the field will beat us easily.
    it was encouraging that Ramsey looked up for it and stood out as the best player on the pitch - I think it did make us a bit too predictable in attack though, every move went through Ramsey l, some several times. whenever we asked for the ball he got it. hopefully we can mix it up a bit more in the coming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it was encouraging that Ramsey looked up for it and stood out as the best player on the pitch - I think it did make us a bit too predictable in attack though, every move went through Ramsey l, some several times. whenever we asked for the ball he got it. hopefully we can mix it up a bit more in the coming weeks
    Yup, but the end result was a dink into the box with zero movement and defended against really easily. Ramsey was guilty of it on several occasions as well. Which says to me that there's still a lack of creativity in the final third. We've got to get players around the ball, and we didn't do that. I was really disappointed with yesterdays show, it looked like an experiment during the first half, and a failed experiment during the 2nd. It was poor.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Nice one good read

International

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Was my first game since 2012... So personally it was great to be back, missed it.
    Regarding the game, difficult to judge friendlies too much of course but the first half was very positive I thought. The lack of threat in the final 3rd was obvious, but at least we kept the ball. At least it's something that can be built on, as opposed to what we've seen it recent years. Looked like we were playing without a striker but surely one of the player on the bench will slot in? Robinson?
    2nd half was completely forgettable, but really not sure why so much negativity on here. It's pre season, and we have player to come back still.
    Akinfenwa was good fun, nice to see him engaging with the fans after being given some friendly abuse, good stuff
    Agreed it's hard to judge a friendly but after the pre season, it is clear we need a striker that can put the ball in the net, a keeper that can make saves and stop the ball from going in our net, and centre half of Kiepre's standard to go with Goutas, a decent midfielder would be the next priority.

Get the Moore, Keeper, and Centre half and we could be quite useful, get none and we could be in trouble similar to last year.

Kipre hasn't been replaced, nor has Kaba.

Bulut could improve things just by switching Wintle and Adams. They looked the wrong way around yesterday.

If we don't bring in another centre forward I'd like to see Collins start, O'Dowda playing left wing and Grant through the middle instead of Ugbo.

Since relegation we seem to be playing catch up, never really able to build on a previous season, and it's looking like a struggle this season again despite Ramsey's return. Whereas we were ugly but tough opposition with Pack, Flint etc, we look lightweight as the club tries to transition into a better playing style. Here's hoping 3 more good signings will change things.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Since relegation we seem to be playing catch up, never really able to build on a previous season, and it's looking like a struggle this season again despite Ramsey's return. Whereas we were ugly but tough opposition with Pack, Flint etc, we look lightweight as the club tries to transition into a better playing style. Here's hoping 3 more good signings will change things.
    I agree.

We need to be patient as the new manager tries to sort this out. The transition is a big one, and there are signs that it will come under him, but it's bound to take time and fans and owners are impatient.

This thread is full of the usual suspects over analysing

This time a pre season friendly

Must be a nightmare being in front of some of you in a supermarket queue or in a traffic jam

Jesus wept

Goutas clearance at the end