+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2028 coming to Wales

Euro 2028 coming to Wales

And Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and England https://news.sky.com/story/uk-and-ir...posed-12929140

Re: Euro 2028 coming to Wales

I wonder where the final will be. Let me guess, in a suburb miles out of town. Why do England have to be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wonder where the final will be. Let me guess, in a suburb miles out of town. Why do England have to be involved?
    I'd let them host a quarter final.

Interesting on the day ulez gets the go ahead to be extended.

No doubt it’s been discussed before but which team auto qualifies?

They may as well play every Euro Final (men and women) there from now on - why not let England host alternate World Cups while they’re at it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Interesting on the day ulez gets the go ahead to be extended.

No doubt it’s been discussed before but which team auto qualifies?
    Does anyone actually know the answer to this? Have they said?
    Surely they cannot allow all 5 to pre-qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet. The last I saw, it sounded like the top 2 or 3 teams based on ranking would automatically qualify and the others would be entered in to the qualifying groups as normal.

No idea if that’s what they’ll end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don’t think it’s been confirmed yet. The last I saw, it sounded like the top 2 or 3 teams based on ranking would automatically qualify and the others would be entered in to the qualifying groups as normal.

No idea if that’s what they’ll end up with.
    Guarantee we'll be 4th by then..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Reporter on 5Live said he asked UEFA today and they said all home nations would need to qualify. But it was far from a proper announcement. Official statements on the award of the tournament and the qualifying rules are expected in October apparently.

England will bring 6 stadiums to the table ( and could do more )

Will be a kick in the teeth if we are hosting and don’t qualify.
    Has that happened before?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    England will bring 6 stadiums to the table ( and could do more )
    They will. But we've heard from all sorts of fans that loved seeing FA Cup finals in Cardiff. You have to admit that it's pretty special to be in the center of town, drinking in a pub and walking to the ground.

Champions league final in Cardiff was amazing

Stadiums nominated in the bid.
    Wembley Stadium - London
    • National Stadium of Wales - Cardiff
    • Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - London
    • City of Manchester Stadium - Manchester
    • Everton Stadium - Liverpool
    • St James' Park - Newcastle
    • Villa Park - Birmingham
    • Hampden Park - Glasgow
    • Dublin Arena - Dublin
    • Casement Park - Belfast

What a joke international football has become.

How on earth can Wembley be presumably pretty much guaranteed it after what happened just two years ago?

They will. But we've heard from all sorts of fans that loved seeing FA Cup finals in Cardiff. You have to admit that it's pretty special to be in the center of town, drinking in a pub and walking to the ground.
    I know, imagine having 250 licenced premises within a mile, probably less…..Wembley is so soulless

International

with no pubs and no restaurants. Perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know, imagine having 250 licenced premises within a mile, probably less…..Wembley is so soulless
    While I dont disagree, it has to be said Wembley has the prestige, it was always a icon in football stadia, as a youngster on the streets of Armenia you might dream of playing in Wembley, not soo much the " principality stadium in Wales "

I went down to Wembley for the Ladies FC cup final, the area around it is very nice now, well developed, yes with Chain Bars and Cafes, but its been done very well

London also has all the sights for the visitors, its got a very decent efficient underground, when UEFA bring the 5000 guests, where are they likely to want to go ? ? shopping in designer shops, see Buck House, be dined in numerous fancy Michelin stared restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    While I dont disagree, it has to be said Wembley has the prestige, it was always a icon in football stadia, as a youngster on the streets of Armenia you might dream of playing in Wembley, not soo much the " principality stadium in Wales "

I went down to Wembley for the Ladies FC cup final, the area around it is very nice now, well developed, yes with Chain Bars and Cafes, but its been done very well

London also has all the sights for the visitors, its got a very decent efficient underground, when UEFA bring the 5000 guests, where are they likely to want to go ? ? shopping in designer shops, see Buck House, be dined in numerous fancy Michelin stared restaurant
    Your last paragraph is everything that is wrong with UEFA.

Let's cater for the dignitaries who watch football once every four years on s freebie, rather than the stupid fuuckers who pay to go and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Let's cater for the dignitaries who watch football once every four years on s freebie, rather than the stupid fuuckers who pay to go and watch the game.
    It’s not just UEFA.The EPL have made Luton spend £10m on “ground improvement projects “ when Kenny Road was fine in the Championship.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23020...-stadium-work/

I'm sure uefa will want the final played at Wembley as it's the biggest stadium but both semis should be played elsewhere and not in England.

I'd make England play their group games away from Wembley too - Azerbaijan is nice I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s not just UEFA.The EPL have made Luton spend £10m on “ground improvement projects “ when Kenny Road was fine in the Championship.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23020...-stadium-work/
    That's hardly the same thing. The Premier League came in not long after Hillsborough, and having safe grounds was one of the important criteria.

It's much better for Luton's future as a club for them to spend £10m on improving the ground for future seasons, than £10m on a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's hardly the same thing. The Premier League came in not long after Hillsborough, and having safe grounds was one of the important criteria.

It's much better for Luton's future as a club for them to spend £10m on improving the ground for future seasons, than £10m on a right back.
    It’s unnecessary.They are moving to a new ground soon and it’s a waste of materials and money and hardly good for the environment.

Safety has nothing whatsoever to do with it, as the Championship is identical to the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

100% agree, and the more it goes on the more it annoys, but they know the average fan can do very little about it