Leeds vs Cardiff, 2.30pm - Live on Sky Sports
    Sunderland vs Ipswich, 5pm - Live on Sky Sports

Re: New season kicks off 1 week from now

Probably be next month on this board!

I can't wait. I detest summer sports

Can't bloody wait

Friendly reminder that Reading were 3rd and Coventry were bottom after ten games last season.

Love this league.

If we played the whole season with our current squad, where would we finish. We were being tipped to finish eighteenth by a lot of people this time last year and I reckon that wouldn’t be far off this time. Don’t think that would be enough to keep Bulut in his job - if the hierarchy really were expecting a Play Off place last season, they’ll be thinking automatic promotion this time!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If we played the whole season with our current squad, where would we finish. We were being tipped to finish eighteenth by a lot of people this time last year and I reckon that wouldn’t be far off this time. Don’t think that would be enough to keep Bulut in his job - if the hierarchy really were expecting a Play Off place last season, they’ll be thinking automatic promotion this time!
    Ramsey aside and if City can get him on the pitch?

I don't see much improvement in the squad, if any (Ramsey aside).

I'm not overly confident about Goutas and McGuinness. I'm also hoping Ampadu doesn't decide he's a mix of Roy Keane and Zinedine Zidane next Sunday as a poor start against Leeds may set the tone?

With Ramsey City will finish 15th.

Without 19th, they'll survive as some club has cooked their books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Ramsey aside and if City can get him on the pitch?

I don't see much improvement in the squad, if any (Ramsey aside).

I'm not overly confident about Goutas and McGuinness. I'm also hoping Ampadu doesn't decide he's a mix of Roy Keane and Zinedine Zidane next Sunday as a poor start against Leeds may set the tone?

With Ramsey City will finish 15th.

Without 19th, they'll survive as some club has cooked their books.
    We’re still 3-4 players short of being a top ten team
    With the addition of those, we have a chance to start building.
    If we are around the mix after Christmas, who knows what will happen with this board?
    Realistically getting promoted in the next couple of years is the only way Tan is going to get any return on his investment!!!
    Ideally I’d like to see Bulut being given the opportunity to build and develop the squad, rather than just a quick fix approach

Why I feel confident about this coming season, I haven’t got a clue.

Is it an old age thing, where seeing the shite that was churned up last season, just makes my grey matter think “it must get better”

With the players we have at the moment, I’m not convinced about this playing out from the back though, or once again, is this an age thing .

Moore and a keeper and we might surprise a few people

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    We’re still 3-4 players short of being a top ten team
    With the addition of those, we have a chance to start building.
    If we are around the mix after Christmas, who knows what will happen with this board?
    Realistically getting promoted in the next couple of years is the only way Tan is going to get any return on his investment!!!
    Ideally I’d like to see Bulut being given the opportunity to build and develop the squad, rather than just a quick fix approach
    I'd be happy if Bulut can consolidate City into being a Championship club. Mid table obscurity would be bliss at this moment.

The Championship being what it is, anything can happen. I just don't see this City squad troubling the top 10.

Defence and midfield well below par for me. Ralls and Wintle ? Ralls beginning to struggle at this level and Wintle OK but no more. Losing Kipre is a blow, and Philogene as well. I think it will be another season of attrition, and we won't be strong enough to compete with most clubs on their own terms, ie scraping the odd win and a couple of draws. I think the squad needed a massive overhaul to prevent a 4th season in the row struggling. IMHO we're pretty much where we were at the end of last season.

There are so many unknowns that I'm finding it impossible to predict our likely league position with any conviction.

Our main problem last season was creating and scoring goals but with Ramsey, a fit again Robinson, Grant and Meite we should be more than capable of addressing that problem, with or without Moore.

My main concern is whether the manager has the ability and nous to be successful in what is probably the most competitive Championship I can ever remember. We just don't know how he will adapt to the rigours and challenges of managing in this league. The plus point is that he's Dalman's choice so he'll more than likely have financial backing during the next window.

I think it's worth bearing in mind it's not just what we've done as a club this pre season so far - strengthening in the attacking areas, and hopefully bringing in a strong leader at the back. It's also about the other clubs in the division, who has lost key players and what are their replacements like? Also, the 3 that came down - what will their squads look like at the end of the window? The teams that have come up, how will they cope with the step up? I think with a couple more signings and then the ability to spend in January we should see a decent improvement on the last 2 seasons.

There’s a month left of the transfer window.

We will finish top half… you watch :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    There’s a month left of the transfer window.

We will finish top half… you watch :)
    I'm thinking the same. Lower end of the top half. But still top half.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm thinking the same. Lower end of the top half. But still top half.
    Nevermind, just saw our starting XI today.

20th.

I'll go with two places above wherever dml puts us 🤠

Is there a fine for damaging pigeons located in the trees behind the goal in the first half? At least we managed two shots on target. Otherwise, very much a repeat of last season's tactics..sideways and more sideways. Ramsey a class above but not much in the way of class elsewhere. Bottom quarter at this rate.

So much will now depend on the manager getting in the players he's been targeting for quite a while. There is still a month to go before the end of the transfer window so no need to panic just yet. I suspect they will be of a higher calibre than those players we signed during the Morison era. That being the case, I hope those players will gradually fall out of first team contention because they are plainly not good enough.

I honestly think a first choice keeper, a CB and Moore would see us pushing for the playoffs. Another midfielder would be ideal. Obviously a few to go out as well.

Improving on last year without cash is a tall order. A new mediocre bunch replaces another lot. People shipped out we will long to have back in a few weeks. I’ll be pleased if we can stay up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Improving on last year without cash is a tall order. A new mediocre bunch replaces another lot. People shipped out we will long to have back in a few weeks. I’ll be pleased if we can stay up again.
    Of those we signed who don’t you rate or think are “mediocre”? I personally think we have added well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m surprised at people’s comments, yes pre season has been mixed and underwhelming but lots have teams have struggled pre season. I certainly think we have the attacking players to score this year, things need to click obviously. But I think we have options.

This site is so slow sh1t slow it’ll be Xmas before it updates the Leeds score

Going on our previous results we’ll get beat 4 0 by Leeds and we’ll be lucky to get 0

I feel sorry for bulut but it sounds like we’ll be serving up the same rubbish as last season

Pre Season means next to nothing, personally don't think the squad is worse than last season but it looks a much tougher league. Hopefully they club gives Bulut time to find his feet as we've got a very tough start on paper. Wouldn't be surprised if we have 1/2 wins in the first 10.

Three good teams come down, three good teams come up
    We are f u c k Ed seems like we have replaced like for like
    Hope I’m wrong but so far we don’t even seem to be as good as last season
    Sori kept us up last season