+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Flown Recently Or Planning To Travel To Australia ?

Anyone Flown Recently Or Planning To Travel To Australia ?

Destination Adelaide

We are not looking to travel until next year, but the prices are staggering !! We went a few years ago, I'd just had a redundancy payment so treated ourselves to business class with Qatar which was superb, but the cost was 6K (3K each). Now I'm finding that economy is about 1.5K, Prem ecoonmy 3.5k and business class is totally out of my league now.

Anyone had or having the same dilemma ?

Any tips ?

Re: Anyone Flown Recently Or Planning To Travel To Australia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Destination Adelaide

We are not looking to travel until next year, but the prices are staggering !! We went a few years ago, I'd just had a redundancy payment so treated ourselves to business class with Qatar which was superb, but the cost was 6K (3K each). Now I'm finding that economy is about 1.5K, Prem ecoonmy 3.5k and business class is totally out of my league now.

Anyone had or having the same dilemma ?

Any tips ?
    You are right. But keep looking. A few weeks back I was looking at Business Class Flights to Sydney in November. They cost £6300 each. The same flight now costs £4300 each and there are better stopovers to boot. I gather the reason prices are falling is that many of the COVID quarantined planes are now coming back on stream thereby increasing capacity and then the age old laws of supply and demand come into play. I have been told the best time to book is about 60 days out from departure and midweek. Whether this is correct I have no idea but I'm delaying booking mine. Incidentally there is a great music scene in Adelaide.

Cheers. My problem is I'm 6'4 so have to have a legroom seat so unless booking BC cant leave it late. Adelaide is my favorite city in the world, great city, perfect weather, Adelaide Oval, great beaches, Barossa Valley, Flinders Ranges and under 3 hours flight to both Sydney and Perth. I cant wait to go back.

Flight prices have skyrocketed after lockdown, airlines went ~6 months with next to no income and a further 6-12 months with a reduced income so I’m assuming they’re trying to claw back anything they can.

I’ve not kept too keen an eye on prices (mostly just flights to Tokyo to see a friend) but in general they seem to be slowly coming down. Maybe if you hold off booking for a few months you’ll find better prices?

If you’ve not used them, sites like Skyscanner or Google Flights are good at finding deals if you’re flexible with your dates.

I think we shared a few pms a few years back while I was living in Adelaide. I’ve been looking at flights from Aus to Wales for months, they are extremely expensive and have been for a while, I think due to so many Aussies being trapped here for 2-3 years with no major overseas travel.

My advice as I heard on the grape vine that Qatar Airways are restarting their Cardiff to Doha route this December, hopefully this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Flight prices have skyrocketed after lockdown, airlines went ~6 months with next to no income and a further 6-12 months with a reduced income so I’m assuming they’re trying to claw back anything they can.

I’ve not kept too keen an eye on prices (mostly just flights to Tokyo to see a friend) but in general they seem to be slowly coming down. Maybe if you hold off booking for a few months you’ll find better prices?

If you’ve not used them, sites like Skyscanner or Google Flights are good at finding deals if you’re flexible with your dates.
    The reason why flight prices are all over the place is due to civid, but not necessarily for the reason you cite. Prior to covid the airline industry had years of data on supply and demand, they understood passengers needs, booking behaviours etc so knew when to put prices up and down to maximise revenues. Due to the covid crisis those behaviours are uncertain and so the airlines cant rely on years of data to predict supply/demand and when people are most likely to book. I think that theres probably still reluctance to book too far in advance so prices are not following previous fluctuation patterns, it will probably be years before they have enough evidence to ely on so flight prices are likely to remain higher for a while until new patterns emerge.

Be as flexible as you can with flight times. The more inconvenient and unattractive the better - something like 1.10am on a Tuesday.

Or have a long stop over, and get off the plane to rest. You can probably do a 13 hour flight without sleep, rest, then the remaining 7 hours (or whatever it is). But that eats into the holiday time.

No.

Wished I didn’t bottle moving out there though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    No.

Wished I didn’t bottle moving out there though
    My uncle has lived in Perth for 35 years, has an Australian wife and kids , would never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I think we shared a few pms a few years back while I was living in Adelaide. I’ve been looking at flights from Aus to Wales for months, they are extremely expensive and have been for a while, I think due to so many Aussies being trapped here for 2-3 years with no major overseas travel.

My advice as I heard on the grape vine that Qatar Airways are restarting their Cardiff to Doha route this December, hopefully this helps!
    Hi, yes we have 'spoken' before. The last thing I wanted was a hugely expensive trip to oz (as beautiful as it is out there), I was planning doing Argentina next year, however my youngest moves to Adelaide for 18 months in September, so feel obligated, especially as I 'leant' on her to base herself in Adelaide, she has a place in West beach for a few weeks before looking for something more permanent.