+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currently 5th favourites for relegation yet our fans seem really positive?

Re: Currently 5th favourites for relegation yet our fans seem really positive?

Not quite sure that we can go up as champions but we can deffo hit second place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Not quite sure that we can go up as champions but we can deffo hit second place.
    So glad you've been realistic here.

I think a lot of the optimism was generated by the hints made by Choo and Dalman in Bulut’s press conference. They were talking as if there were some BIG plans in the offing.

I don’t know whether they were thinking that signing Ramsey, Goutas and a couple of other unproven players would be the answer to our problems but I suspect there will actually be another two or three experienced players coming in before the window closes.

I’d suspend judgment until then.

If we do get a few other decent signings, the bookies odds will change again.

I think we’ll probably finish mid table, which would be a welcome improvement on last season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Just interesting the bookies only have Rotherham, qpr, Huddersfield and Plymouth as more likely to go down than us.

Yet while at the end of last season there wasn't too much hope around the club there seems an enthusiastic buzz about the season from fans? I was surprised to read people were disappointed and surprised by our lack of goals or goal threat in pre season. Is that really a surprise to people?

Not sure I can think of a season where the difference in expectations internally and externally seems so stark. Season tickets up apparently due to the buzz and expectation things will be different this season.

We've have threads on here about cardiff are really going for it and the amount of times I've read if we could just add one or 2 more we Will push top 6...... yet externally and the bookies seem to basically think we will be pretty much where we have been the previous 2 seasons (18th and 21st?)

Wonder who will be proved correct?
    Are we still 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Are we still 5th?
    Looks like we are - don't get why Plymouth are regarded so poorly.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...hip/relegation

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks, very hard to predict this year, we need to pick up points quickly but it doesn't look like an easy start.

Plymouth I believe had a lot of loans who have gone back. Not sure who they have signed.

International

Still the same with odds checker?

Remember the optimism we had when we beat Norwich city last season. That ended well

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Still the same with odds checker?
    See oddschecker have us at 5-2 with bet365 now. We were 4-1 with them when odds first came out and 3-1 before playing Leeds just last week