+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ojo

Re: Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Chopra springs to mind. Off the field it would seem his private life was a bit of a mess. Too many wrong choices in his life.
    However, on the pitch he had a footballing brain that meant he DID make the right choices.
    He could "change things and use intelligence". Think instinctively, and not be predictable in his play. He was a joy to watch and had that little bit of narkiness about him, which meant he was always fired and focused.
    Yup, Chopra was a lower level premier league footballer. He pissed about in the championship for so long because premier league clubs aren't going to put up with his antics like we did.

His short movement was brilliant, and he was strong, he would lean into defenders when he was on the ball. Basty little ****er as well, like you say. Wanted to win. Maybe a bit too much sadly!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Chopra springs to mind. Off the field it would seem his private life was a bit of a mess. Too many wrong choices in his life.
    However, on the pitch he had a footballing brain that meant he DID make the right choices.
    He could "change things and use intelligence". Think instinctively, and not be predictable in his play. He was a joy to watch and had that little bit of narkiness about him, which meant he was always fired and focused.
    Bellamy was similar but better and with a brilliant attitude to games and training in general.

WOL quoting Ng as saying of his new role:
    "I'm enjoying it. [Bulut] wants us to come inside a lot more and it gives the winger a lot more space. I'm enjoying it and hopefully it works.
    I can get involved in the play a bit more and help Sheyi going forward on my wing. It creates a lot more space for him to do his thing one-v-one and create a lot more opportunities for us."

Am I reading too much into that, or does it suggest Ojo is nailed on to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "I'm enjoying it. [Bulut] wants us to come inside a lot more and it gives the winger a lot more space. I'm enjoying it and hopefully it works.
    I can get involved in the play a bit more and help Sheyi going forward on my wing. It creates a lot more space for him to do his thing one-v-one and create a lot more opportunities for us."

IFHN !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    IFHN !!!!
    New signing?......How’s it pronounced?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bellamy was similar but better and with a brilliant attitude to games and training in general.
    Good call. Chopra with Bellamy attitude could have had career Bellamy had if not even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

As I say he's been a key part of pre season. I hope bulut has seen something and it clicks. Would be even more worrying if bulut already changes things before season has even started.

However takes me back to my OP for whatever reason ojo seems to be someone lots of different managers from different clubs like so surely its going to click one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Chopra was a lower level premier league footballer. He pissed about in the championship for so long because premier league clubs aren't going to put up with his antics like we did.

His short movement was brilliant, and he was strong, he would lean into defenders when he was on the ball. Basty little ****er as well, like you say. Wanted to win. Maybe a bit too much sadly!
    His signature move was to take a slurp from the opposition keeper's water bottle on a sunny day, then empty it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    As I say he's been a key part of pre season. I hope bulut has seen something and it clicks. Would be even more worrying if bulut already changes things before season has even started.

However takes me back to my OP for whatever reason ojo seems to be someone lots of different managers from different clubs like so surely its going to click one time?
    Please God no. Let's be sensible here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    John Lennon will be pleased too, looking on from above.
    I saw her fairly recently. She uses a walker and needs a companion. I doubt if she could even make it from the touchline to the 6 yard box as a last gasp 90th minute sub.

[QUOTE=NYCBlue;5443379]I saw her fairly recently. She uses a walker and needs a companion. I doubt if she could even make it from the touchline to the 6 yard box as a last gasp 90th minute sub.[/QUOTE

Still a better option than Ojo

Please God no. Let's be sensible here.
    Lamouchi loved him, too, and he was the stand-out lazy sod in pretty much every game he played. Oh, and greedy too, frequently gave up a good ball to go on one of those mazy runs straight into an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lamouchi loved him, too, and he was the stand-out lazy sod in pretty much every game he played. Oh, and greedy too, frequently gave up a good ball to go on one of those mazy runs straight into an opponent.
    Absolutely! I'm hoping Bulut has better judgement than Lamouchi. Surely he's way down the pecking order now?

International

Absolutely! I'm hoping Bulut has better judgement than Lamouchi. Surely he's way down the pecking order now?
    He's played as the number one right winger for most of the friendlies, it will be up to Bolwer to impress this week and shift him, he may not be up to speed or fit enough for Sunday though.

Ojo will be further up the pecking order now than he was at the start of the summer. He has been one of the better players throughout the friendlies. I don’t expect it to last based on previous years - but I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's played as the number one right winger for most of the friendlies, it will be up to Bolwer to impress this week and shift him, he may not be up to speed or fit enough for Sunday though.
    I can't see him starting a player who hasn't played a single game alongside his teammates yet. I worry about Ojo, Ralls, and Wintle to be honest.