+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi-o Manè

Saudi-o Manè

I like the guy.
    He is a great footballer and "provides" for great causes, many in his home country Senegal.
    It could be argued that Liverpool fell apart because of him leaving the club.

However, WTAF!!!

'Mane to earn £650k a week as Al Nassr agree £24m deal'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12930882

Football just gets even more ridiculous!

Re: Saudi-o Manè

Seems a bargain when you consider Henderson is on 700k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I like the guy.
    He is a great footballer and "provides" for great causes, many in his home country Senegal.

However, WTAF!!!

I’m delighted that he is making stupid money because he will almost certainly use it for a good cause.
    I think the same applies to Kante.

I like the guy.

However, WTAF!!!

Nah its good. These multi billionaires in that part of the world have the money already anyway. What else are they going to do with it?

Small change to them and more chance of it being redistributed by going to likes of mane kante and Henderson than the Saudi prince's hoarding it all.

Of course compared to the man on the street its silly money everyone knows that but if it's going to be redistributed then to footballers probably the most meritocratic way of doing it. Good on them.

I like the guy.

However, WTAF!!!

It does

But Mane actually does something good with his money.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It does

But Mane actually does something good with his money.
    "He is a great footballer and "provides" for great causes, many in his home country Senegal"

Are we all happy then that footballers migrate to Saudi Arabia as long as they distribute the billionaire bigots' money elsewhere?

"He is a great footballer and "provides" for great causes, many in his home country Senegal"
    on 650k a week he can provide for all of Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    on 650k a week he can provide for all of Senegal
    Haha yes Senegal has a population of 18 million so if Sadio gave all his money away to them it would be roughly 4 pence a week per person or more accurately £1.88 a year per Senegalese citizen.

Problem solved!

Are we all happy then that footballers migrate to Saudi Arabia as long as they distribute the billionaire bigots' money elsewhere?
    I personally don't care.

Morals and football in general aren't a great mix. Rich footballers become richer everyday, the idea that that is now somehow wrong because it's coming from shady country/organisation B instead of A seems strange to me.

Whole system is wrong but if I'm offered a huge pay raise then I'm there too.

We shouldn't hold these people in such high regard when most of us if completely honest and presented with an actual offer would do exactly the same.

I can take someone's money without agreeing with them. I can shop somewhere without agreeing with them. We all do it every day in our own relative amounts.

I can't see that there's much difference between playing for a team in the saudi league or playing for Newcastle, Man city and the like.
    The only thing that will be sad in my eyes is when a top player in their prime (e.g. Mbappe) goes there, so clearly puts money ahead of a career/trophies

I like the guy.

However, WTAF!!!

It's almost become comical. Saudi aside, clubs and owners are bankrupting themselves to pay a footballer to kick a ball around. The top 9 or 10 PL clubs and the top european clubs are losing huge sums - but then again it's not the clubs, it's the owners, who have almost unlimited funds.

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I can't see that there's much difference between playing for a team in the saudi league or playing for Newcastle, Man city and the like.
    The only thing that will be sad in my eyes is when a top player in their prime (e.g. Mbappe) goes there, so clearly puts money ahead of a career/trophies
    It won't be long, someone like that will sign within a season or two, the premier may well drop down a level, and the Saudi League become the best League in the World, they've taken over Golf, and football will be harder but could be next.

It's never instant but eventually, it's the League that pays the most money attracts the best players.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It won't be long, someone like that will sign within a season or two, the premier may well drop down a level, and the Saudi League become the best League in the World, they've taken over Golf, and football will be harder but could be next.

It's never instant but eventually, it's the League that pays the most money attracts the best players.
    They'd need to fill pretty much the entire league with imports in order for it to become the best in the world, rather than below par teams with a couple of star names.

If mbappe had signed at the wages reported, he'd have earned twice as much per day as the highest paid Saudi in the squad earned in a year. That's the gap they need to fill, a lot harder than just courting some famous names. Filling a roster for the whole league is an unheard-of challenge, and it would have to be the league doing it, not individual clubs.

Never gonna happen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

I’m not so sure
    America was the one not so long ago, but still seems like a retirement village for washed out players if you ask me

I don't care what footballers do with the money they earn. It's something I don't have any control over and therefore none of my concern.

As a matter of interest, how do you feel about Cardiff City's 'Visit Malaysia' sponsorship and the club's general association with Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't care what footballers do with the money they earn. It's something I don't have any control over and therefore none of my concern.

As a matter of interest, how do you feel about Cardiff City's 'Visit Malaysia' sponsorship and the club's general association with Malaysia?
    Well I havent made any statements along the lines of "I won't give that club another penny while Vincent Tan is in charge" and then seemingly forget I made them.

Hope this helps.

Well I havent made any statements along the lines of "I won't give that club another penny while Vincent Tan is in charge" and then seemingly forget I made them.

Hope this helps.
    No, it doesn't help at all as you've completely avoided the question. But no surprise there.

No, it doesn't help at all as you've completely avoided the question. But no surprise there.
    Malaysia has some form. Especially towards minorities. It's out there for people to look at. Admittedly not as bad as Saudi. Still pretty bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Malaysia has some form. Especially towards minorities. It's out there for people to look at. Admittedly not as bad as Saudi. Still pretty bad though.
    this

Let they who are without sin cast the first stone.

Their sins however are off the scale.

this

Let they who are without sin cast the first stone.

Their sins however are off the scale.
    Comfortable with the promotion of Malaysia then? Opposed to Saudi bigotry, but not Malaysian bigotry. Interesting.

Comfortable with the promotion of Malaysia then? Opposed to Saudi bigotry, but not Malaysian bigotry.
    pretty much yeah

Interesting. the exact opposite of pretty much all of your posts
    ^^^^^

Now bore off you tiresome individual.

Have I touched a nerve? Or are you perhaps a little uncomfortable with your own hypocrisy?

Yes you do

Don't pay for SKY

Hope this helps.
    He's got amnesia