+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saudi-o Manè

Re: Saudi-o Manè

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Comfortable with the promotion of Malaysia then? Opposed to Saudi bigotry, but not Malaysian bigotry. Interesting.
    Whereas you don't care about any bigotry in any form as long as you get to watch the premiership games on sky TV

No, it doesn't help at all as you've completely avoided the question. But no surprise there.
    It may or may not have helped but its 😂

Have I touched a nerve? Or are you perhaps a little uncomfortable with your own hypocrisy?
    I could have answered your original question and had I chosen to it would probably have gone something like this...

"I don't care what football club owners do to market their product. It's something I don't have any control over and therefore none of my concern."

Instead I chose to reply with a style in keeping with your style of post.
    A reminder that you have chosen to "support" your favourite Malaysian businessman by paying (or more likely accepting a freebe) to watch his teams play football matches.
    This after announcing to the world you would never do.
    And you talk about hypocrisy

As for you striking a nerve, I dont think so.
    I just wanted you to know that I find pretty much all of your posts uninteresting, often condescending trying to catch people out or generally trying to demean them.

Hope this helps answer your question

Whilst I’m not surprised that TLG has decided to post in a thread to try and belittle a poster, and gain himself some wanking points, i am a little surprised that his chosen subject is hypocrisy. He’s the biggest hypocrite on here.
    His problem being, that Tan has stuck around a lot longer than he thought he would, and he’s had to shuffle back with his tail between his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whilst I’m not surprised that TLG has decided to post in a thread to try and belittle a poster, and gain himself some wanking points, i am a little surprised that his chosen subject is hypocrisy. He’s the biggest hypocrite on here.
    His problem being, that Tan has stuck around a lot longer than he thought he would, and he’s had to shuffle back with his tail between his legs.
    He's a good lad really but he's a miserable git

And he's taking a hiding on here

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I like to dish it out, but I don't like to get it back.
    I can fully understand you not wanting to address the Malaysian issue. It is, after all, a bit of a thorny one for any Cardiff City supporter like your good self who has criticised Jordan Henderson for going to play in 'bigoted' Saudi Arabia, or who objects to other footballers going there for the money. After all, for more than a decade, the club we support has been actively promoting a country where homosexuality is illegal and the LGBTQ community are routinely discriminated against, and the club's been doing that in exchange for cash.

Indeed, Malaysia is said by various human rights groups to be one of the most homophobic countries in the world. Nevertheless, thousands of City fans are perfectly content to wear that country's name on their shirts year in, year out, provided the ringgit keeps rolling in.

To compound matters, our club encourages the public to visit Vietnam, where human rights are widely considered to be among the worst in the world. But hey, so what? It's no big deal, right? After all, we need the advertising revenue.

It's a tricky situation for any Bluebirds fan who is seeking to claim the moral high ground. The club we support is propped up by Malaysian money and desperately needs it by all accounts, while the man who supplies most of it is keen to promote his homeland and various other places in which he conducts his business. Therefore, it's probably best not to mention the large, homophobic elephant in the room.

Same old shite.
    Back in 2012, I stated that I wasn't going to put another penny into the club while Vincent Tan retained control. However, after a decade of maintaining that position, I reassessed the situation as a result of Covid-19 and some other personal factors, and decided to buy a season ticket for the glorious 2022/23 campaign.

Although supporting Cardiff City feels almost entirely different to me now by comparison to how things were before the rebrand, I'm 100% comfortable with my decision to return to being a regular, as are all of the people who actually matter to me.

Being labelled a hypocrite by a tiny number of anonymous nobodies on a dying internet message board is of no great importance, especially when the posting histories of those particular individuals is taken into consideration.

I can fully understand you not wanting to address the Malaysian issue. It is, after all, a bit of a thorny one for any Cardiff City supporter like your good self who has criticised Jordan Henderson for going to play in 'bigoted' Saudi Arabia, or who objects to other footballers going there for the money. After all, for more than a decade, the club we support has been actively promoting a country where homosexuality is illegal and the LGBTQ community are routinely discriminated against, and the club's been doing that in exchange for cash.

Indeed, Malaysia is said by various human rights groups to be one of the most homophobic countries in the world. Nevertheless, thousands of City fans are perfectly content to wear that country's name on their shirts year in, year out, provided the ringgit keeps rolling in.

To compound matters, our club encourages the public to visit Vietnam, where human rights are widely considered to be among the worst in the world. But hey, so what? It's no big deal, right? After all, we need the advertising revenue.

It's a tricky situation for any Bluebirds fan who is seeking to claim the moral high ground. The club we support is propped up by Malaysian money and desperately needs it by all accounts, while the man who supplies most of it is keen to promote his homeland and various other places in which he conducts his business. Therefore, it's probably best not to mention the large, homophobic elephant in the room.
    You're not still doing this

Where the hell did you dig that quote up from you loon

Back in 2012, I stated that I wasn't going to put another penny into the club while Vincent Tan retained control. However, after a decade of maintaining that position, I reassessed the situation as a result of Covid-19 and some other personal factors, and decided to buy a season ticket for the glorious 2022/23 campaign.

Although supporting Cardiff City feels almost entirely different to me now by comparison to how things were before the rebrand, I'm 100% comfortable with my decision to return to being a regular, as are all of the people who actually matter to me.

Being labelled a hypocrite by a tiny number of anonymous nobodies on a dying internet message board is of no great importance, especially when the posting histories of those particular individuals is taken into consideration.
    Apology excepted 👍

Apology excepted ��
    accepted ? expected ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    accepted ? expected ?
    Both 😁

Both 😁

Apology excepted
    Level of response expected.

But are you axpecting it

You’ve contributed in a thread, accusing a poster of being a hypocrite. You yourself are a hypocrite. It’s as simple as that.

You’ve contributed in a thread, accusing a poster of being a hypocrite. You yourself are a hypocrite. It’s as simple as that.
    You’re welcome to your opinion. Like the rest of the garbage you post on here, it means nothing to me. It’s as simple as that.

You’re welcome to your opinion. Like the rest of the garbage you post on here, it means nothing to me. It’s as simple as that.
    It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact 👍

I'm so stupid I don't know the difference between the words accepted and excepted.
    Allow me to explain this to you as kindly as I can.

There are people using this board I know personally and whose opinions I greatly respect.

There are people using this board I don't know personally but whose opinions I greatly respect.

There are people using this board I don't know personally and whose opinions I often don't agree with, but I pay attention to what they say regardless as they are clearly intelligent individuals.

You don't fit into any of those categories. And that's a fact.

Allow me to explain this to you as kindly as I can.

There are people using this board I know personally and whose opinions I greatly respect.

There are people using this board I don't know personally but whose opinions I greatly respect.

There are people using this board I don't know personally and whose opinions I often don't agree with, but I pay attention to what they say regardless as they are clearly intelligent individuals.

You don't fit into any of those categories. And that's a fact.

That’s quite novel, making up quotes on other posters behalf’s. It’s quite amusing.
    You are the biggest hypocrite on here though .

That’s quite novel, making up quotes on other posters behalf’s. It’s quite amusing.
    You are the biggest hypocrite on here though .
    I was going to say you’re the stupidest, but that would probably be unfair. Although you’re definitely in the top three.

I was going to say you’re the stupidest, but that would probably be unfair. Although you’re definitely in the top three.
    I’ not happy with top 3. I’ll be pushing for 1st place this season 👍

I’ not happy with top 3. I’ll be pushing for 1st place this season 👍
    Apology excepted.

Apology excepted.
    👍😁