+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why are people pleased with a draw when we ere 2-0 up at HT??!! What other club would be pleased with that??!!!

How can losing a 2-0 lead be seen as a good thing?

We do this ALL the time! This is hardly a one off.

Utterly useless.
    Did not say I was pleased......Please re-read...I said we would have taken that before the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Much better result than was expected. Disappointing to lose the lead in the last couple of minutes but lots of positives to build on. Good performances from McGuiness, O'Dowda and Bowler in particular. Still some work to be done though.

I wonder if a possible experiment with O'Dowda taking Grant's place and Collins taking over at full back might work? Adams not as good as Ralls IMO.
    I dont think it will be an experiment im sure Collins will get a run out at LB probably starting with the cup game.

None of the subs were better than the starters hopefully there are still incomings. I thought Adams did ok.

Why are people pleased with a draw when we ere 2-0 up at HT??!! What other club would be pleased with that??!!!

How can losing a 2-0 lead be seen as a good thing?

We do this ALL the time! This is hardly a one off.

Utterly useless.
    We’re a side that almost dropped into league 1 last season playing against a team still littered with Premier League pedigree. At present a point away at Elland Road is a good result regardless of how it happened.

Charming.

Good luck cheering us giving away 2-0 leads.

Just the sort of fans that we need.

Embarrassing.
    You said I have a very sad life. I called you an idiot. I could have said a lot worse

Anyway I've been on the internet long enough to know that arguing with idiots is a complete waste of time.

Enjoy the rest of your day, stay winning you clearly happy and successful person you!

Didn't watch the game but after being in touch with proceedings I thought I'd take the draw.

Bobby, hope you feel better in the morning.
    Time is a healer.

So glad I didn't watch it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Obviously deflating at the end.
    But it’s a great point.
    Leeds will dominate a lot of teams this season.

McGuiness was immense, Alnwick looked better than Alsopp, Bowler looks good and Ugbo did a great job.

Grant was anonymous, but you can’t judge him when we had do little of the ball.

Sadly not convinced with Adams and I don’t know what Rinomhota was trying to do, dribbling into trouble the few times he had the ball.
    it's the first time Adams has played at anything like this level, I think he did ok, and he should be better with a bit of confidence that he belongs at this level.

Gutting to concede the 2nd so late on, but grateful we didn't concede the 2nd earlier as there probably would have been a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think thats very harsh.
    We'll see if Alnwick keeps his place.

Personally though I think if that's a save and he started moving earlier it wouldn't have looked a remarkable save.

Wow, I’m shocked at some of the reaction on here. A team that survived by luck last season drawing away at a team favourites for promotion & fresh out of the PL. I thought we did really well, especially the quick transition from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2. Lots of promise and we won’t face that much fire power too often this season.

I’m more optimistic now than before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Wow, I’m shocked at some of the reaction on here. A team that survived by luck last season drawing away at a team favourites for promotion & fresh out of the PL. I thought we did really well, especially the quick transition from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2. Lots of promise and we won’t face that much fire power too often this season.

I’m more optimistic now than before the game.
    Same with me Des. What were people expecting? How would the back four, the keeper and our midfield feel after reading some of the stuff on here? They were immense with the defending, tight, as a group, stayed on their feet, didn't ball watch, took responsibility. How much more do people want?

Re: LEEDS UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Good point. When they scored so early second half I was convinced they would go on and win.

Some good defensive performances and there won’t be many attacking sides as good as that.

Thought Ampadu was class as well which won’t please some.

For a team that was half new faces with a manager in charge of his first game in British football the fact we're disappointed to have only drawn away to a team that was in the Premier League last season and expect to go straight up is a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Good point. When they scored so early first half I was convinced they would go on and win.
    That striker of theirs will get some penalties this season, he keeps the ball tight in the area. We did really well staying on our feet and keeping our shape.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’ve watched 4 games live so far. I’d rank the teams
    1. Southampton
    2. Leeds
    3. Leicester
    4. Coventry
    5.Blackburn
    6. WBA
    7. Us
    8. Sheff Weds

Gonna be a long season I think. Good point today
    Watched the same games. I would put us above Blackburn and WBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same with me Des. What were people expecting? How would the back four, the keeper and our midfield feel after reading some of the stuff on here? They were immense with the defending, tight, as a group, stayed on their feet, didn't ball watch, took responsibility. How much more do people want?
    Im not sure what you and Des are shocked about. Theres only one poster being negative.

Id love Bobby to call McGuinness and co a bottler to their faces after that defensive effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im not sure what you and Des are shocked about. Theres only one poster being negative.

Id love Bobby to call McGuinness and co a bottler to their faces after that defensive effort.
    Bobby is alright, he's just frustrated we got so close.

I’ve watched 4 games live so far. I’d rank the teams
    1. Southampton
    2. Leeds
    3. Leicester
    4. Coventry
    5.Blackburn
    6. WBA
    7. Us
    8. Sheff Weds

Gonna be a long season I think. Good point today
    I’d put Leeds top and us above Blackburn and WBA

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I’d put Leeds top and us above Blackburn and WBA
    Not much between us and those 2, although I would say that both of them dominated their game at different points… I’m not sure we dominated at any stage today albeit against a very good side. I’m chuffed we got a point but even though I thought we were good at the back today, if we invite teams on to us we’re going to be backs to the wall in a lot of games.

I don’t think we had any significant control in midfiled, and honestly thought Ramsey was pretty ineffective

Perennial bottlers.

Absolutely useless.

Nothing changes.

Same old spineless Cardiff City.

Spineless bottle merchants. Embarrassing.
    The only thing embarrassing is your post, yes disappointed to concede late but we were under cosh for most of the game against a promotion favourite and scored two and collected a point,
    Don't think many fancied us for anything b4 kick off, perspective needed

Very good point, not many teams we will come up against that have Colombian and Italian full internationals in their front 4. Gutting to lose it at the end as always but can't argue against the result.

Very, very harsh to put any blame on Alnwick IMO, his saves kept us in it in the second half. Not a world beater but clearly better than Alsopp and thought overall he had a good game.

If Ralls is out for any length of time he must get another CM in... maybe harsh to judge 40 mins of football off the bench but Adams doesn't look like he can pass water, and if anyone sees the Rinomhota who was a quality championship player for Reading please call missing persons.

I don’t think we had any significant control in midfiled, and honestly thought Ramsey was pretty ineffective
    I have to agree... if that was Colwill we'd have a 3 pager on here by now calling him out of shape, poor and ineffective. He seemed to want to drop back and dictate play early on but his touch and pacing was well off and he gave the ball away a couple of times in our own half, then he had a shot deflected for what could be very generously be called an assist and after that I can hardly remember hearing his name being mentioned.

It may take time for him to adjust playing at this level and with these kind of teammates around him, and to be fair Leeds away was never going to be a great game for him to put his mark on the game... but didn't think he showed his quality and experience at all tbh.

In terms of effort and commitment then 10/10 today. Am I more optimistic/pessimistic than at 2.30pm ? No. A very difficult game to judge the strength of this squad.

Looking at the Sunderland v Ipswich game...I am pretty sure we would beat those....

That was a point won and one that most people would have taken prior to the kick off. I thought we did well in the first half but after they scored early in the second half another seemed inevitable. For them Summerville and Gnonto were a class above anything else on the field and Ampadu had a good game for them as well. For us McGuiness was immense.

Perennial bottlers.

Absolutely useless.

Nothing changes.

Same old spineless Cardiff City.

Spineless bottle merchants. Embarrassing.
    Bit harsh Bobby, of course disappointing ar the end but a very good point IMO, we'll be fine this season