+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: LEEDS UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tyler Adams, Jack Harrison, Stuart Dallas and Sam Greenwood also all out injured - and a couple of others (including Drameh) picked up knocks in their last friendly.

Half a dozen (so far) have left after relegation - most of their contracts seem to have relegation clauses, although some of their better players have said they want to stay. Others want out and the transfer speculation is growing. They have only brought in Ampadu and Darlow so far - but likely to make a lot more signings over the next few weeks. Sam Byram is on trial - but unlikely to be signed in time for Sunday.

Farke said today they only had 16 players in their last training session.
    Despite all of this, I think we'll lose 3-1, or thereabouts
    Our midfield is still weak (Ralls and Wintle), they can't protect our defence or provide assistance to our attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Despite all of this, I think we'll lose 3-1, or thereabouts
    Our midfield is still weak (Ralls and Wintle), they can't protect our defence or provide assistance to our attackers.
    I had 3-1 in my head too. In some ways it's not a bad starting game - nobody is expecting we'll win and I'm sure Bulut Baxter will learn a lot from a stern test.

I still think Adams might be the player we're looking for in the middle - if he can recreate half of what he did at Forrest Green here, he'll do well.

Bowler probably in for Ojo - but if the niggles are all OK the rest I agree. No traditional No 9.

Subs: Alnwick, Collins, Simpson, Romeo, Adams, Colwill, Etete, Meite, Ugbo or Ojo.
    I thought Meite was more a no.9. I know he can play wide but he's pretty tall, built like a tank and has a decent goal scoring record.

In the spirit of optimism at the start of the new season I will go,
    Leeds 2-0
    😠

International

Tyler Adams, Jack Harrison, Stuart Dallas and Sam Greenwood also all out injured - and a couple of others (including Drameh) picked up knocks in their last friendly.

Half a dozen (so far) have left after relegation - most of their contracts seem to have relegation clauses, although some of their better players have said they want to stay. Others want out and the transfer speculation is growing. They have only brought in Ampadu and Darlow so far - but likely to make a lot more signings over the next few weeks. Sam Byram is on trial - but unlikely to be signed in time for Sunday.

Farke said today they only had 16 players in their last training session.
    Sounds more promising the thought of Dan James in full flight and a fit-fast Cody Drameh running at our backline had me worried, a point would be a good result still!

1-2 City
    Grant and Ramsey

Got s feeling we will win relegated sides don't always adapt quickly, to Championship

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Got s feeling we will win relegated sides don't always adapt quickly, to Championship
    Southampton seem to be doing OK so far

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Southampton seem to be doing OK so far
    They look a class above Sheff Wednesday

I think we’ll draw 2-2 .Grant with a brace

0-1 O’Dowda

'Leeds United boss Daniel Farke has admitted that strikers Patrick Bamford, Georginio Rutter and Mateo Joseph will all miss this weekend’s clash with Cardiff City.'

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/08/04/...-clash/614054/
    Sounds like it was some kind of Confession

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like it was some kind of Confession
    You wouldn't believe the number of Hail Marys he has got to say before Sunday!

Daniel Farke:

“Obviously I'm looking forward to this game.

“The first game of season is always exciting and the first game at Elland Road, even more special.

“I was a few times at Elland Road and I know that the atmosphere is always great and outstanding, especially first game after the summer break.

“We're all looking forward to having this first competitive game. Now the real stuff begins and we’re all looking forward to it.”

Erol Bulut:

“I’ve read that the stadium will be full on Sunday, which is perfect. It will be difficult playing against Leeds; at home they play well and are strong with their fans behind them.

"They’re recently relegated from the Premier League so have a strong team. I think that we’ll have a good game on Sunday and hope to take the points that we need. We’re prepared for the challenge.

“Two thousand of our supporters is a good number, and we need them. Of course, at home they’re always great at supporting us, and it will be good to have them with us at Leeds. We want to make them happy after the game.”

A point would be a good start, we just need two midfielders who can do the donkey work and give the ball to Ramsey

Feeling more confident today. Leeds look wounded.

Ampadu will be their best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    They look a class above Sheff Wednesday
    Watched the game with two saints fans they weren't totally convinced they'd win the game , at times struggled with the physical nature of the Owls, I thought were very wasteful with the ball especially when consider they had 80% posesssion .

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Feeling more confident today. Leeds look wounded.

Ampadu will be their best player.
    ahh cheers! now you've gone and fecked it
    can only see an azz kicking mself

Dreading this. Leeds look Premier league bound.

Ampadu will be their worst player.

Ampadu wont be their worst player but even with their injuries wont be their best.

MATCH FACTS

• Leeds are winless in their last five league games against Cardiff (DM L4) having won three on the bounce against the Bluebirds prior to this run.
    • Cardiff have lost just one of their last 12 visits to Elland Road in the Football League (W7 D4), with that defeat coming in November 2015. In their last league trip to Elland Road back in December 2019, the Bluebirds managed to come from three goals down to draw 3-3.
    • When kicking off a league campaign at home, Leeds have lost just one of their last 19 games (W13 D5), winning eight of their last 10 MD1 fixtures at Elland Road (D1 L1).
    • Cardiff have won their opening league game in just two of the last 10 seasons (D4 L4), with those victories coming in 2017-18 (1-0 vs Burton) and last term (1-0 vs Norwich).
    • Leeds won 12 of their last 14 Championship matches in their last spell in the division in 2019-20 (D1 L1) on their way to winning the league under Marcelo Bielsa - the only side to beat them in that sequence was Cardiff, a 2-0 victory in June 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Enjoyed that, well done Nigel. Spoke very well but the bugger has built my hopes up a bit........a good thing? Or a bad thing?

Anyone else been awake for ages? Went to sleep too early last night in preparation for today’s long trip, killing time waiting for the alarm to go off

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Enjoyed that, well done Nigel. Spoke very well but the bugger has built my hopes up a bit........a good thing? Or a bad thing?

Anyone else been awake for ages? Went to sleep too early last night in preparation for today’s long trip, killing time waiting for the alarm to go off
    The only board members who post at this hour in the morning are usually myself or NYCBlue.
    My first thoughts were that you were having incontinence problems.