+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this board for old people?

Is this board for old people?

I don’t know but imagine ccmb contributors are probably over 30 and that younger fans probably use twitter or other social media.

Will ccmb even exist in thirty years time?

Re: Is this board for old people?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I don’t know but imagine ccmb contributors are probably over 30 and that younger fans probably use twitter or other social media.

95% of the current posters won't exist in 30 years.

Thirty weeks I reckon

Unless we get cash investments

Messageboards are the original, a bit like Vinyl, they'll make a come back. There will be bars in Town where young hipster types will go to log on and enjoy a game of darts ( in an ironic kind of way) while drinking dandelion Ale.

Has the question been prompted by the fact that the next proposed message board meet-up for a round of Sanatogen and a bout of bingo is at the Darby and Joan Club?

Time to organise both a ccmb afternoon tea and, a ccmb piss up, and see which is the most popular.

International

Over 70% over 60 I reckon, another 15% over 50.

Someone do a poll with the decades so we can see?

Facebook is definitely for old people.

CCMB started in 1996. Before Twitter, before Facebook.

Mark Zuckerburg was still in school when some of our original posters were communicating.

OK I might not have made billions, so he got me on that one, but I was sharing stuff with friends before he was.

Message boards maybe a bit old fashioned but it's home to many many people who find them comfortable and more communal than these more dynamic and confusing apps.

Only older people will put up the snail-speed of this website, because they remember what things were like before broadband. Seriously Mike, sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Mark Zuckerburg was still in school when some of our original posters were communicating.

OK I might not have made billions, so he got me on that one, but I was sharing stuff with friends before he was.

Message boards maybe a bit old fashioned but it's home to many many people who find them comfortable and more communal than these more dynamic and confusing apps.
    I’m not saying old is bad. I think the format is better than twitter etc for focussed debate around ccfc. It’s easier to drop in and out semi regularly and keep up to date on things compared to twitter, which is a bit more hit n miss.

All of the decent stuff on twitter tends to get linked here anyway, and all the crap called out for what it is.

I think I was just wondering whether there are people in their teens/twenties on here…..and maybe what they think of it compared to other sources.

It would be interesting to find out how many younger new posters we've had over the last few years.

I'm 45 and been here for around 20 years now. At the time there wasn't really anything else online that was instantaneous - there was a messageboard on the official site but that was shit. This is still the first place I come for City news as nearly every news story or rumour will be posted on here pretty quickly.

I’m not saying old is bad. I think the format is better than twitter etc for focussed debate around ccfc. It’s easier to drop in and out semi regularly and keep up to date on things compared to twitter, which is a bit more hit n miss.

All of the decent stuff on twitter tends to get linked here anyway, and all the crap called out for what it is.

I think I was just wondering whether there are people in their teens/twenties on here…..and maybe what they think of it compared to other sources.
    I am 21

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am 21
    Stone?

Well positioned and spot on .

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Stone?
    Inches

Tall

I think that I joined around 1997 or 1998.
    Original name was Newport Blue…then someone nicked my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think that I joined around 1997 or 1998.
    Original name was Newport Blue…then someone nicked my name.
    I started in 97 under the name Raoul Duke, I was 30.
    Windows 95, dial up connection, web address was m4morris blah blah Pipex. Think I used Altavista to find it in the first place

2006 i joined up. It's been downhill ever since.

1998 season for me, when the boss was still giving out prizes for guess the crowd, 25th season on CCMB, I expect my telegram from the boss pretty soon.

Strikes me also, that besides the absence of younger contributors there are no females on here......

As I typed that I thought perhaps it's better they stay away, else Sludge.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Strikes me also, that besides the absence of younger contributors there are no females on here......

As I typed that I thought perhaps it's better they stay away, else Sludge.....
    There used to be a few, but they have moved on: Welshgirl, Aunty Andy, Nicola.... even 'little Natalie'. Mrs Steve R is still very active on the another board and pops over here now and again. But it was a handful at most.

Joined the board in 1998 and I have used the same username since then. Over the years I have drifted away and came back a few times. In its first decade it had a great and diverse mix of users and a good community feel to it. Over the years I have gone on the other boards but this one has always been the first and main board for city fans

Today it is a shadow of its former self, but I think that is just a reflection of society today, where the things that divide us are more preferable than the things that bind us. I do find the trolling and the users using multiple usernames have dragged this board down and pushed away many of its former users.

I think I joined in around 2001/2. I was reading it for a while before that, and remember posting a message in the late 90s from a bar in Dublin saying how I was hoping we'd beat Trowbridge in a PSF. I can't remember if we did or not

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There used to be a few, but they have moved on: Welshgirl, Aunty Andy, Nicola.... even 'little Natalie'. Mrs Steve R is still very active on the another board and pops over here now and again. But it was a handful at most.
    Bernadette81? Probably got that wrong!