+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CONFIRMED: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

CONFIRMED: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

As mentioned in the transfer rumours thread.

Lot's of noise around this one this morning. Could be a City player by the end of the day.

Cardiff City are poised to sign Nottingham Forest winger Josh Bowler on loan.

The Bluebirds have made five signings already this summer, prioritising the top end of the pitch, and Erol Bulut is about to make Bowler his sixth addition.

Reports emerged on Tuesday morning that Cardiff and Championship rivals Stoke City were keen on the player's signature, but sources in Nottingham say the Bluebirds have won the race in what is another positive move for the club.

Cardiff have already recruited Karlan Grant, Yakou Meite, Ike Ugbo and Aaron Ramsey in those forward positions as they look to better their record in front of goal this season.

Bulut is closely connected with Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis, who owns Greek giants Olympiacos where the Bluebirds manager spent a good chunk of his playing career. Bowler spent last season on loan at Olympiacos from Forest before heading to Blackpool for the second half of the season.

Bowler was reared at QPR before he signed for Everton in July 2017, but never made a senior appearance for the Merseyside club. It was at his next team, Blackpool, where he would begin to make a name for himself.

After netting 12 goals in 71 games for the Seasiders he became one of a spate of signings Steve Cooper made at Forest upon their promotion to the Premier League. Because of the numbers though he was pegged down in the pecking order and failed to make an appearance.

Bowler scored four goals for Blackpool last season, one of which came in the Bluebirds' 3-1 win at Bloomfield Road. An announcement is expected as early as Tuesday afternoon.

Re: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

This would be a good signing in my opinion.

Remind me many wing's have we got ?

I honestly don't know anything about him. I know some of you follow other club's signings quite closely, so can anyone give an opinion?

My VPN isn't working at the moment, therefore I'm unable to have a butcher's on YouTube (might not be such a bad thing!).

Things quickly went stale at Forest (I think I read that Bowler was their 20th signing last summer!!, so that's hardly a surprise!). He went to Blackpool on loan and was in and out of the team a little bit. However this article from less than a year ago is probably a good run-down on him. Quite exciting if he can get back to it, this quote "His 104 “take-ons” was comfortably a league high last season" in particular stood out.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...lls-dying-art/

He’d have seemed like a superb signing in January, but I have a slight concern about the fact he was named as sub in a poor Blackpool side on a few occasions towards the end of last season. Add that to the fact he didn’t play much when on loan to Olympiacos and I think we might be getting someone else with a bit to prove - the positive is that he showed in his first spell at Blackpool that he can be a match winner at this level.

Bowler or Ojo.? Its a no brainer.

We are in a limited market if he gets back to his form in his 1st season at Blackpool then this is a good signing and a replacement for Philogene.

The signing of Ugbo is looking like a strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Remind me many wing's have we got ?
    He’s described as a winger but he plays inside most of the time. For me he’s a direct replacement for and very similar to Philogene. I’m more positive about Bowler than Ugbo or Meite

Let’s hope he’s nothing like that other Josh, supposedly a winger, we signed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’d have seemed like a superb signing in January, but I have a slight concern about the fact he was named as sub in a poor Blackpool side on a few occasions towards the end of last season. Add that to the fact he didn’t play much when on loan to Olympiacos and I think we might be getting someone else with a bit to prove - the positive is that he showed in his first spell at Blackpool that he can be a match winner at this level.
    Think last season was a bit of a nightmare for him. Big move to Forest but immediately loaned to Olympiacos, which didn't work out. Then recalled and loaned back to Blackpool in a relegation battle under Mick McCarthy. He started 4 of the last 6 under Stephen Dobbie and came on a sub in one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Think last season was a bit of a nightmare for him. Big move to Forest but immediately loaned to Olympiacos, which didn't work out. Then recalled and loaned back to Blackpool in a relegation battle under Mick McCarthy. He started 4 of the last 6 under Stephen Dobbie and came on a sub in one of the others.
    Yes, that’s a fair point, Bowler is not what you call a typical Mick McCarthy player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, that’s a fair point, Bowler is not what you call a typical Mick McCarthy player.
    Not a centre back for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Not a centre back for starters.
    In recent times I don't think seeing a side before the game got me as angry as the side against West brom - pissing down with rain so got soaked going to the game, 5 centre backs and a 4 nil drubbing and no sense of remorse from that pig headed twat - can't believe he still gets TV work

Glad I've calmed down since

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    In recent times I don't think seeing a side before the game got me as angry as the side against West brom - pissing down with rain so got soaked going to the game, 5 centre backs and a 4 nil drubbing and no sense of remorse from that pig headed twat - can't believe he still gets TV work

McCarthy explained that it was a great plan however it was ruined by WBA scoring after a minute.

Very decent signing if it comes off, but Bulut must be a lot more confident in his defensive depth than the rest of us are. Seems like he's a similar player to Ojo so if it means he's less relied on it can only be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Are you sure?
    Mill pond compared to that night 😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Very decent signing if it comes off, but Bulut must be a lot more confident in his defensive depth than the rest of us are. Seems like he's a similar player to Ojo so if it means he's less relied on it can only be a positive.
    Probably not, he has said he wants a number of players. It doesn’t seem like it’s on me or the other but must be having more difficulty getting in a centre back and midfielder he wants.

I’ll still be amazed of we don’t bring in another keeper before the window closes.

International

Bowler, Robinson, Ramsey, Grant, O'Dowda, Meite, Need MOORE, - Ojo, Ugbo, Etete, Colwill, Tanner

Loads of forward players we need an out and out-goal scorer, but plenty of options.

We should keep doing this embargo thing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I honestly don't know anything about him. I know some of you follow other club's signings quite closely, so can anyone give an opinion?

My VPN isn't working at the moment, therefore I'm unable to have a butcher's on YouTube (might not be such a bad thing!).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_XLp0ZjT4

Cuts inside a lot on here, with quick feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    McCarthy explained that it was a great plan however it was ruined by WBA scoring after a minute.
    It was a plan to keep a clean sheet. And tbf, if we didn't let in an early goal and then concede another 3 it could have worked perfectly.

“having a bit of a go this summer”

https://twitter.com/theflzone/status...xyPQF8Betlv1bw

If we get Keiffer, it’s been a cracking window

o'brien from forest too so say the rumour mill

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    o'brien from forest too so say the rumour mill
    Interesting. Another of the Steve Cooper bulk-buys from a year ago.

Didn't Forest muck up a loan to Blackburn in January - and have to farm him out to the US?