+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CONFIRMED: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

Re: CONFIRMED: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_XLp0ZjT4

Cuts inside a lot on here, with quick feet.
    I like a good old shoulder drop and change of direction.
    Some lovely taken goals there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Pretty sure Dalman is feeding Henry Saye info directly, in order to heighten the buzz around the club. Think it's working too. A lot of excitement for a club that only stayed up because of a Reading point deduction.
    What does the past have to do with the future?

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    We've now got 10 pros who can't get in the match day squad of 20. With maybe another 4 coming in that's a lot of off-loading and loans. Barring injury it's hard to see the likes of Colwill, Davies, Simpson, Tanner, Evans, Bagan, Sawyers, Rinomhota getting on the bench let alone the pitch.
    Then we're heading in the right direction, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    We've now got 10 pros who can't get in the match day squad of 20. With maybe another 4 coming in that's a lot of off-loading and loans. Barring injury it's hard to see the likes of Colwill, Davies, Simpson, Tanner, Evans, Bagan, Sawyers, Rinomhota getting on the bench let alone the pitch.
    There will be 9 subs next season. I hope we get in at least one new CB soon (with Benjamin going out on loan). If not Simpson will live on the bench!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Then we're heading in the right direction, yes?
    Positivity alert!

Yes we are

Re: Josh Bowler. Winger from Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We cant sign O Brien and Bowler. Only 1 loan from the same PL team. Cant see either being given a free.
    rm H4.
    55.4 The following restrictions shall apply to Temporary Loan Transfers:
    55.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a Team Sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;
    55.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30 June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season; and
    55.4.3 Temporary Loan Transfers may include an option to acquire the Player’s registration by way of permanent transfer. Any such option must be exercised during the term of the Temporary Loan Transfer (including during a Closed Period).
    55.5 Loan transfers to non-Member Clubs will be subject to:
    55.5.1 the clearance of The League (not to be unreasonably withheld). However, clearance will be withheld where any proposed loan would result in a Club loaning more than 4 Players to any single club;
    55.5.2 the rules and regulations of the respective leagues / national associations and FIFA Regulations;
    55.5.3 subject to the provisions of Regulation 55.6 below, the principles of the term, recall and expiry as set out in Regulation 56.1 shall apply as if set out herein in respect of those Players going out on loan on an equivalent basis to a Standard Loan

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    rm H4.
    55.4 The following restrictions shall apply to Temporary Loan Transfers:
    55.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a Team Sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;
    55.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30 June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season; and
    55.4.3 Temporary Loan Transfers may include an option to acquire the Player’s registration by way of permanent transfer. Any such option must be exercised during the term of the Temporary Loan Transfer (including during a Closed Period).
    55.5 Loan transfers to non-Member Clubs will be subject to:
    55.5.1 the clearance of The League (not to be unreasonably withheld). However, clearance will be withheld where any proposed loan would result in a Club loaning more than 4 Players to any single club;
    55.5.2 the rules and regulations of the respective leagues / national associations and FIFA Regulations;
    55.5.3 subject to the provisions of Regulation 55.6 below, the principles of the term, recall and expiry as set out in Regulation 56.1 shall apply as if set out herein in respect of those Players going out on loan on an equivalent basis to a Standard Loan
    I think most (if not all) of our imports are of the Season Long Loan type.

• Season Long Loan
    • Temporary Loan
    • Emergency Loan

Re: CCFC Tweet indicates player soon

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    10 pin cos it's only a loan deal, not permanent.

( 10 pin = temping, I'll get my coat)
    Spoilt it by explaining the joke. You must give your readers more credit than that ! I got it straight away.

Is he playing down the left or right?

I assume this leaves O'Dowda as our left back not further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    10 pin cos it's only a loan deal, not permanent.

( 10 pin = temping, I'll get my coat)
    This deserves a bit of credit.

So that's the 2 over age loans used up so Moore can only sign permanently

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    So that's the 2 over age loans used up so Moore can only sign permanently
    What?

Who's identifying the loan players these days; it's certainly working a treat at the moment.

I was impressed with Josh Bowler first time he appeared for Blackpool against us almost 2 years ago. He looked dangerous every time he got the ball, always looking to take on the guy marking him and if he doesn't leave his opponent on the floor, he's created enough space to get a cross in.

I forecast he'll become a fan favourite at CCS where people have been starved of seeing players do that kind of thing - Chris Burke was the most recent if I'm not mistaken.

Bowler will have fans on their feet, great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I think most (if not all) of our imports are of the Season Long Loan type.

• Season Long Loan
    • Temporary Loan
    • Emergency Loan
    Reading the EFL rules it seems they class both the season long loans and the half season loans, as temporary loans.

Start him vs. Leeds please.

International

International

Will he play on Sunday?

He's training already.

If the rules above are correct it also rules out Lewis O'Brien on loan

If the rules above are correct it also rules out Lewis O'Brien on loan
    What rules are you referring to?

Has there been a recent EFL regulation change? If it's the same as last year I don't think there is a one player per loaning club limit when the receiving club is in the EFL.

But the EFL regs are unavailable online at the moment (404!) so can't check.

In the regs above it states only two loans can be older than 23 which bowler and grant are. So are Moore and O'Brien

In the regs above it states only two loans can be older than 23 which bowler and grant are. So are Moore and O'Brien
    I may be wrong but I think that (55.4.2) means that a club can sign up to four players on loan from another club, but only two of that (up to) four can be aged 23 or over. I don't think it applies to all loans - just where more than two come from a single club.

If I am right we could sign Lewis O'Brien on loan but no more 23+ players from Forest (could sign up to two more under 23s). We could sign Kieffer Moore on loan.

I may be wrong. I get lost in EFL regs, and at the moment I can't even get them online (every attempt produces a 404 error message).

Having re-read it you may be right. Here's the regs for 23-24 - https://www.efl.com/governance/regulations