+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Michael Morris

FAO Michael Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    CCMB started in 1996. Before Twitter, before Facebook.

Mark Zuckerburg was still in school when some of our original posters were communicating.

OK I might not have made billions, so he got me on that one, but I was sharing stuff with friends before he was.

Message boards maybe a bit old fashioned but it's home to many many people who find them comfortable and more communal than these more dynamic and confusing apps.
    Prompted by your above message in another thread I just wanted to say something, and thought a separate thread may be worthwhile so others could add their own comments.

It possibly doesn’t get said enough so I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this site, and keeping it going all this time.

Ive never been a really active poster but I’ve been viewing since 99/00 season, maybe earlier.

I wonder what the total number of hours that have been spent by everyone looking at this board in all it’s forms over the years is? It must be a ridiculous number.

Not only does it keep us all up to date with our beloved football club but I’m sure it has really helped many people through tough times over the years, even if just as a brief distraction from their troubles or just simply helping with loneliness.

Mike Morris statue outside the ground anyone?

Apologies for the soppy message, no I haven’t been drinking.

Re: FAO Michael Morris

I'll second that. Thank you Mike.

Absolutely!
    This message board transcends just football. Luckily enough for me (fingers crossed) it's one of the few sites that I can peruse here in China that doesn't require the use of a vpn.

Keep up the good work, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Prompted by your above message in another thread I just wanted to say something, and thought a separate thread may be worthwhile so others could add their own comments.

It possibly doesn’t get said enough so I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this site, and keeping it going all this time.

Ive never been a really active poster but I’ve been viewing since 99/00 season, maybe earlier.

I wonder what the total number of hours that have been spent by everyone looking at this board in all it’s forms over the years is? It must be a ridiculous number.

Not only does it keep us all up to date with our beloved football club but I’m sure it has really helped many people through tough times over the years, even if just as a brief distraction from their troubles or just simply helping with loneliness.

Well done for saying something which should be said more often

It’s still the first place I visit after waking up each morning.

Couldn't agree more. Don't post on here that much these days due to the wide variety of places where I can get my fix of Cardiff City news.

Back in the late 20th century, this was the only source of information outside of the mainstream local media, which wasn't accessible to me living away from South Wales.

Mike's site, and the message board in particular, amplified my interest in the club many times over. I'm 100 % sure I wouldn't be making my regular 340 mle round trip to home games if it hadn't existed.

As people have said, we don't thank him enough. Frankly I think the club should do something to recognise his efforts as well.

International

Agree with all the above - the other thing I like about it is the format.....
    Most other sites have large box entries for their posts ....difficult to find what is interesting.
    Here, it is nice and simple - one small line for subject and the poster (well two i suppose...) with a decent size font, and view/replies/last post easy to see..
    Unlike the banks who seem to be dumbing down things with huge boxes and 4-5 pages to get anything done....please keep as it is - nice and simple!!

Yeah, thanks Mike. It's a (usually) thankless task.

100%. People don't say thank you enough.

Simply the Best..

Keep it down boys, otherwise he’ll put the prices up

Big fan of yours Mike

Even though it feels like everyone here is twice my age, you've done a great job keeping this place interesting and the CCFC place to be. Diolch!

Just want to echo what the OP and every other poster has said. Thank you Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Don't post on here that much these days due to the wide variety of places where I can get my fix of Cardiff City news.

Back in the late 20th century, this was the only source of information outside of the mainstream local media, which wasn't accessible to me living away from South Wales.

Mike's site, and the message board in particular, amplified my interest in the club many times over. I'm 100 % sure I wouldn't be making my regular 340 mle round trip to home games if it hadn't existed.

As people have said, we don't thank him enough. Frankly I think the club should do something to recognise his efforts as well.
    A bronze statue of Mike sat on a sofa with a laptop. Costly, but worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    With his bronze feet on a square of artificial grass?

Pastie in one hand, drink in the other

I saw you drive past up in Wycombe on Saturday Mike and thought much the same at the time. This site has been around for such a long time and it really must be a thankless task!!

Thanks from me too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well done for saying something which should be said more often

It’s still the first place I visit after waking up each morning.
    Before the toilet?

International

Or on a recently built step!!

Well said. Thank you Mike Morris.

Like many here, this is my most visited site by a mile.

It is indispensable, especially since my Dad died, as it became THE source of Cardiff City news and chat for me.

Please continue the excellent work.

This board has been great over the years. I think I joined in 1998 and it really helped me meet people to share lifts to home and away games when I lived in Cambridge and London.

Thanks Mike. It must be like herding cats managing this board at times.

I'm down with the CCMB I can't even remember when i browsed the other sites - I echo everything that's been said, Thank you Mr M and the Mods.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Or on a recently built step!!
    I think Mike should be given the honour of building that statue plinth himself.
    He could then tell us all how he made the shuttering, and how many bags of concrete mix he bought from B&Q!

It must be a Labour of Love.
    Thanks Mike.

Good post which I concur with