+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Michael Morris

Re: FAO Michael Morris

This is the ‘go to’ site whenever I go online. Mike has done a marvellous job of running it for so long, long may it continue. Been some great stories/anecdotes over the years that are very often alluded to by long time posters years later. Little things like that familiarity bring a smile to my face, it’s like one big family really, some good guys, some dodgy, some forgetful fibbers, some fantasists, all human life is here under the Michael Morris umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This is the ‘go to’ site whenever I go online. Mike has done a marvellous job of running it for so long, long may it continue. Been some great stories/anecdotes over the years that are very often alluded to by long time posters years later. Little things like that familiarity bring a smile to my face, it’s like one big family really, some good guys, some dodgy, some forgetful fibbers, some fantasists, all human life is here under the Michael Morris umbrella.
    ....and then there's splott parker!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Legend 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Prompted by your above message in another thread I just wanted to say something, and thought a separate thread may be worthwhile so others could add their own comments.

It possibly doesn’t get said enough so I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this site, and keeping it going all this time.

Ive never been a really active poster but I’ve been viewing since 99/00 season, maybe earlier.

I wonder what the total number of hours that have been spent by everyone looking at this board in all it’s forms over the years is? It must be a ridiculous number.

Not only does it keep us all up to date with our beloved football club but I’m sure it has really helped many people through tough times over the years, even if just as a brief distraction from their troubles or just simply helping with loneliness.

Mike Morris statue outside the ground anyone?

Apologies for the soppy message, no I haven’t been drinking.

Well said Cal.
    Like you, I've been a regular reader for well over 20 years.
    Don't post much but am on here a few times each week to keep up to date with goings on at the CCS and Sludge's love life.

Diolch Mike

I ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I’m involved in the ‘all human (????) life’ part!!!!!

Thanks everyone, I'm welling up here

A few times I've thought ' ahh **** it - time to let it go' but I always think about the clientele who find this place a comfort, a meeting place, an advice shop, a virtual bar where you can talk to other people about anything all under the mothership of Cardiff City that hovers over us.

Cheers

Been exiled since ‘91.
    First visited the site around ‘98/‘99.
    Signed up sometime in the early ‘00’s.
    A great site. I must read something from it every day. And love the off-football topics as much as the City ones.

Cheers Mike. Your efforts are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Thanks everyone, I'm welling up here

A few times I've thought ' ahh **** it - time to let it go' but I always think about the clientele who find this place a comfort, a meeting place, an advice shop, a virtual bar where you can talk to other people about anything all under the mothership of Cardiff City that hovers over us.

Cheers
    Well we have certainly turned it around, late last year this place was described as a " utter cesspit "

I think I bumped into this site sometime in the late nineties and it's always the first site I visit each day.
    Quieter than it used to be but those still here are top quality. The highlight for me was Penarth Kev "deep in the bowels", but so many other great posters over the years.
    Thank you Mike Morris for the last 25 years. It's been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well said. Thank you Mike Morris.

Like many here, this is my most visited site by a mile.

It is indispensable, especially since my Dad died, as it became THE source of Cardiff City news and chat for me.

Please continue the excellent work.
    Exactly. This site has never been out of my browser tabs. First site in the morning and almost every night, the last. It gets a bit boring when you've all gone to bed. I know we've lost a lot of posters, but there's still a solid core of entertaining and interesting people on here. Thank you all.

Yes great job Mike.

I try to avoid social media as much as possible but have always enjoyed mostly browsing here, it's probably where I get most city news from.

Ok there's a fair few loons in here, but mostly the drunk pub kind rather than the proper toxic culture on Twitter or x whatever it now is.

FAO Morris

Speed up this site or you will be poncing about in the message board equivalent of league 2

Enchante