+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thousands of drivers caught speeding a week after camera activated on main Cardiff road

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Thousands of drivers caught speeding a week after camera activated on main Cardiff road

A freedom of information (FOI) request made to South Wales Police (SWP) found that 4,293 Notices of Intended Prosecution (NIPs) were issued to drivers who were caught driving over 30mph on Western Avenue from the day the camera was activated, on June 26, to July 3.

International

Re: Thousands of drivers caught speeding a week after camera activated on main Cardiff road

613 a day, that's a great big yellow speed camera, imagine when it goes live throughout the whole of Wales with mobile hand-held cameras that can be moved around and are harder to see.

Re: Thousands of drivers caught speeding a week after camera activated on main Cardiff road

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    613 a day, that's a great big yellow speed camera, imagine when it goes live throughout the whole of Wales with mobile hand-held cameras that can be moved around and are harder to see.
    Just a new form of taxation they must be raking it in…..

No chance of me getting caught yesterday - I was stuck behind someone who thought the limit was 20.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No chance of me getting caught yesterday - I was stuck behind someone who thought the limit was 20.

It is concerning that many people opt to ignore the rules of the road

That’s over Ł300,000 in a week

Ok, they can afford to fill all the f uck ing potholes now

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s over Ł300,000 in a week

Ok, they can afford to fill all the f uck ing potholes now
    More cameras you mean…..

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    It is concerning that many people opt to ignore the rules of the road

And yet, you can get undertaken by some prat on a pushbike and nothing happens to them !

A nice little earner then, as they say. Wouldn't be if everyone obeyed the speed limits of course.

And yet, you can get undertaken by some prat on a pushbike and nothing happens to them !
    It's almost like the 1 ton motorised metal machines driving around are responsible for nearly all deaths of pedestrians in road traffic collisions in the United Kingdom.

It isn't illegal to undertake on a bike as far as I know, it's not illegal to be a prat either (which is lucky for some on here), so what do you think should 'happen' to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It isn't illegal to undertake on a bike as far as I know, it's not illegal to be a prat either (which is lucky for some on here), so what do you think should 'happen' to them?
    If I’m doing 30mph, and they undertake me, they are doing more than 30mph .

So shouldn’t they be punished in some way ?

I’m finding tootling along at 20mph quite relaxing, it’s no big deal really, with the volume of traffic and frequency of traffic lights you can barely accelerate to a higher speed anyway. The majority of motorists seem to be toeing the line and I find it quite amusing noticing the few petrol heads with steam coming out of their ears with visible frustration.

If it delays or even postpones a Cardiff CAZ, with its financial implications, I’ll happily conform.

N.B. Setting off for Leeds tomorrow afternoon to ensure we get out of Cardiff’s city limits in good time

You get undertaken by cyclists doing more than 30mph? Do you drive round a velodrome all day or something?

Still not illegal, unless there are byelaws in place, from what I can make out. How do you think they should be punished, and who by?

There's one council who made a few million in congestion charges however lost many millions more in parking fees ..

Councils eh ? And certain councils as well .

Cars will be a big issue come election time .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There's one council who made a few million in congestion charges however lost many millions more in parking fees ..

Councils eh ? And certain councils as well .

Cars will be a big issue come election time .
    No they won't. All polls I see suggest at least 90% are against the new 20mph speed limits. I also notice the Welsh Conservatives are promising to overturn this if elected. Will it make any difference? Hardly. Had Plaid or the Lib Dems proposed to overturn it, there might have been a threat, but Wales will never vote in a Tory senedd, no matter what it promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No they won't. All polls I see suggest at least 90% are against the new 20mph speed limits. I also notice the Welsh Conservatives are promising to overturn this if elected. Will it make any difference? Hardly. Had Plaid or the Lib Dems proposed to overturn it, there might have been a threat, but Wales will never vote in a Tory senedd, no matter what it promises.
    Would be very interesting should a new administration be elected and they up the speed limits. The first fatal accident due to excess speed (it wouldn’t necessarily be excess speed but political opponents would jump on it) would lead to a fair bit of criticism and more, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would be very interesting should a new administration be elected and they up the speed limits. The first fatal accident due to excess speed (it wouldn’t necessarily be excess speed but political opponents would jump on it) would lead to a fair bit of criticism and more, I reckon.
    Yes, which is probably why the Welsh Tories think they can back this as they have no chance of being able to bring it into being and be sitting ducks for the first fatality.

International

Both should agree to reverse it, it would be an easy vote winner.

Isn't it great living in a country with no credible opposition to the government?

I wonder what Welsh Labour would have to do to no longer be the largest party in the Senedd.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Isn't it great living in a country with no credible opposition to the government?

I wonder what Welsh Labour would have to do to no longer be the largest party in the Senedd.
    Aliken to North Korea or Russia….one party state

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Aliken to North Korea or Russia….one party state
    No it isn't

Everyone has the chance to vote and its a secret ballot for up to 4 or 5 parties and sometimes

Plenty of people vote Labour in Surrey but they feel their vote never really counts as the tories always win

What the country needs is proportional representation

I find swerving erratically is very off putting for the two wheeled lycia loops

Trouble is that the police can't catch up with them as the roads are all full of traffic.